British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Charles Wright is looking for a Premier club. Is it time he replaced Thomas Jorgensen in the Stars team?

If you wanted Wright for TJ,you would have to get rid of 2. Example Kasper on a 4 and say Kerr and replace with Wright and a rider around a 3.5 point ave(not looked at the aves.Just an example)..

Edited by Bald Bloke

Thanks, Niels, back to your best. Class is permanent and form is temporary. Imperious maximum. Good all round team effort.

Don’t know if I’ve missed something but has the draw been made for the semifinals of the ko cup and if it has who have we got.

2 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Don’t know if I’ve missed something but has the draw been made for the semifinals of the ko cup and if it has who have we got.

Pretty sure we have Swindon.

Proctor at reserve from July 1st.A bit of back up from the no7 now and we could get back into the play off frame.

Edited by tellboy

Thanks for that

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

Pretty sure we have Swindon.

Proctor at reserve from July 1st.A bit of back up from the no7 now and we could get back into the play off frame.

With MPT due to miss his last Wednesday night fixture due to riding in Denmark next week its quite handy that he and Proctor are swapping.

Proctor at reserve will be useful...and he hadn't been too bad until his injury. Its a bit of a luxury with one of our reserves always being pretty decent, guess that's down to a well structured team. With NKI seemingly turned a corner we just need to get Kasper going or replaced and we could be fairly invincible as long as we can field a full team for every match 

49 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Proctor at reserve will be useful...and he hadn't been too bad until his injury. Its a bit of a luxury with one of our reserves always being pretty decent, guess that's down to a well structured team. With NKI seemingly turned a corner we just need to get Kasper going or replaced and we could be fairly invincible as long as we can field a full team for every match 

If Lynn want the plays offs, they have to replace Kasper who is on a 4.00. Maybe it's a year or 2 to soon.

Even Kev Doolan, until the end of the season.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Lynn want the plays offs, they have to replace Kasper who is on a 4.00. Maybe it's a year or 2 to soon.

Doolan would be on a 5.17 ave so can't replace Andersen, would have to be a Champ rider below 5.20 to fit! Dimitri Berge? Mark Riss?

Edited by szkocjasid

On 6/28/2018 at 10:09 PM, Bald Bloke said:

Totally agree! Say what you like about Matt Ford (i'm not a fan) but his only thought process is making his team successful. He's just got Frederik Jakobsen in on an assessed 4.00 average which is the same as Kasper Andersen's. For me Jakobsen is far far better than Andersen. Why aren't the Lynn management looking for these opportunities or are they???

I very much doubt if they are. They always look to give the riders they first choose, plenty of time to settle in. If F. Jakobsen came in on a 4.00 Poole continue to be remarkably lucky or totally in the know. KA must be replaced if the Stars really have ambitions.

• Like 1

Having been to a place I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy , followed by recovery in hospital  and convalescent at home , it sure puts a different outlook on ones life...      For one who thought speedway was more important than life ,    now realises  nothing is as important then that.  

It really hits  home when I read comments made about this sport,   It saddened me to read about Rye House, and all the problems relating to FRN ,   but what changes.   Every issue with the way the sport operates are self inflicted, and whatever the fans think will not change a thing.   Fans are treated with such contempt it is embarrassing.  Their views are not heard, nor wanted..

I once lived for the day when the Stars would lift that Crown of Champions,   But its not important anymore   Win or lose it has no value.   Rules are altered to suit the few and the masses can only follow.   I will still go to watch and enjoy the spectacle of 4 men racing,  but apart from that,  the sport has nothing else to give  ….  

NB:  I hope Rye House receives the help they desperately need,  but I cant see it happening.        The whole sport is governed  by   'Sod you / I'm alright'  philosophy  and will not alter their ways  to help other clubs.     Here lies the biggest problem...

• Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 8:42 PM, mrss said:

Charles Wright is looking for a Premier club. Is it time he replaced Thomas Jorgensen in the Stars team?

No 

If Anderson was to leave i would hope he would get fixed up in the Championship .

Good to see Niels getting good points again for Torun today 11 + 2