British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

35 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yeah. It would be nice for the fans if Buster pushed the boat out and went for a play off place, after the back end of last season. Try and end on a high, not just muddle through to the end of the season.

I know it ain't easy, but it would go a long way if he has worked hard finding the best riders available. 

Cant imagine the fans will turn up in their hundreds if Buster don't come up with decent replacements.     Fans go each week to support their team and hope they are successful,   but to expect them to turn up when they haven't a hope of success would be a different proposition.

Again hit by injuries, it seems the Stars are always up against it.   This year we had the nucleolus of a good team,   only to be deprived of riders when meetings clashed.     If we give up this opportunity now,  just because of an injury to Kerr, we may as well ask 'What's the point'.   

Think several riders would like to come to if they are available You only have to read what the riders that we have now are saying Kerr wants back at Lynn next year and that also goes for Procter Toft Jorgnsen who have praised the club.   No one twisted there arm for statement they have made. they must mean it 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Thing is mate if people are stamping their feet demanding replacements it needs to be somebody and I haven't seen too many names suggested so far. With averages I was thinking that one or two CL riders averages may drop a little for August meaning there may be more options open compared to now.

Quite right.Nobody has put forward any names who they would want as replacements yet(apart from Auty:rolleyes:),but they bang on about having to get decent replacements.So for those saying we have to get decent replacements,who would you regard as a decent replacement for Kerr?

Personally i hope the averages will drop over the next few meetings and we can re-declare with someone like Nicholls/Bomber and a reserve around the 2-3 point mark.Obviously the more points we have left for a reserve the better.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Cant imagine the fans will turn up in their hundreds if Buster don't come up with decent replacements.     Fans go each week to support their team and hope they are successful,   but to expect them to turn up when they haven't a hope of success would be a different proposition.

Again hit by injuries, it seems the Stars are always up against it.   This year we had the nucleolus of a good team,   only to be deprived of riders when meetings clashed.     If we give up this opportunity now,  just because of an injury to Kerr, we may as well ask 'What's the point'.   

I think its inaccurate and rather defeatist to say 'whats the point' if the club struggles to replace Lewis. We stand a better chance of success with a new signing but R/R and guests could work if everybody else pulls their weight. As always with new signings it depends on who is available, if they want to come and how much points money is in the kitty.

If the Meeting against Leicester  had been finshed  (the ambulances had not delayed it)  Look how many races would have been ridden wit only one rider  with no Kerr no Andersen and Proctor having already had 4 of his 7  rides   R/R is a thing to avoided if possible. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Simon Lambert on a 28 day contract for Andersen!!!

Oh dear, KL giving up on this season?

Andersen was always going to  be hard to replace  having a poor average Simon has put in some good scores but will depend on an Improvent from earlier this year.  Pity that BAILEY Is injured He might have been a better choice. Or Kinsley who has been scoring well for Mildenhall. But again thats a lower League. 

One thing brining in Lambert has confirmed is we can get a new 4 pointer or a Championship rider on a 5.20 or less.

Gives the club breathing space to look around as guests in that position will be shocking.

In terms of replacements for Kerr, I don't think running R/R will be all that bad. 1 of Jorgensen, Toft and Proctor will be at reserve and get 7 rides and all of those 3 are available for R/R. All more than capable cover, the team just has to remain injury free. Another injury and that WILL be season over.

20 hours ago, mrss said:

No news on replacements for Kerr and Anderson is a concern. Surely the a Stars won't sign S Lambert again. His best days are long gone.

Your wish has been granted!

A remarkable result would be if Robin Brundle could influence the visa issues and enable the club to re-sign Chris Holder. He is hungry now and would be well, " coming home"

I nearly choked on my Cornflakes when I read that!  After everything that went on, and was said by all the parties concerned, Holder slagging Buster and Lynn off, and Buster messing up Holders chances to sign for another Club, do you honestly think there is a cat in hells chance of that happening?  He may be on good form at the moment, but I wouldn't want him in the Stars colours again as a matter of principal.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

One thing brining in Lambert has confirmed is we can get a new 4 pointer or a Championship rider on a 5.20 or less.

Gives the club breathing space to look around as guests in that position will be shocking.

In terms of replacements for Kerr, I don't think running R/R will be all that bad. 1 of Jorgensen, Toft and Proctor will be at reserve and get 7 rides and all of those 3 are available for R/R. All more than capable cover, the team just has to remain injury free. Another injury and that WILL be season over.

Did you get the rule book for your birthday.At least we have someone to replace SCB where the rules are concerned.Must admit i have been confused by them this season.

So are you saying as guests for KA we could only use riders up to 2.5ish,but now we have Lambert replacing him we can then replace him with a 4 pointer:unsure:

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Did you get the rule book for your birthday.At least we have someone to replace SCB where the rules are concerned.Must admit i have been confused by them this season.

So are you saying as guests for KA we could only use riders up to 2.5ish,but now we have Lambert replacing him we can then replace him with a 4 pointer:unsure:

The opposite, we could have used guests up to 4 points (5.20 Championship) but the club have regularly chosen poorer guest options.

Originally the rule was to be that foreign rider's averages couldn't drop below 4 for team building but for replacements his actual average would be used (2.55 Prem & 3.32 Champ).

The latter seems to have been dropped as Andersen's average should have been reassessed as he never completed 4h 4a fixtures but May 1st.

1 hour ago, The Stag said:

Simon Lambert on a 28 day contract for Andersen!!!

Worst news I would have hoped to hear. Sad, as he has had many opportunities to reach a required standard in the PL and has never done well enough to be brought back - until the "next time" cover is required. Just to have 4 riders in a race then? Feeble team "building", however nice & friendly he is.

5 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Worst news I would have hoped to hear. Sad, as he has had many opportunities to reach a required standard in the PL and has never done well enough to be brought back - until the "next time" cover is required. Just to have 4 riders in a race then? Feeble team "building", however nice & friendly he is.

It's a no worse signing than continuing with Andersen. One thing you can guarantee with Simon is he can pop out the starts, upset a few rider's to the first and second turns. From his 3 rides, if the team can get 3-3's or even 4-2 negative all isn't lost. If we lose matches it's because some of the rest of the team haven't justified their current average.