British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Yep, at least Lambert should be reasonably competitive at Lynn. Morley was the only other rider I could see who might be suitable without being too inexperienced, and the fact that it's a 28 day deal for Lambert suggests that somebody stronger will come in for the latter stages of the season.

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep, at least Lambert should be reasonably competitive at Lynn. Morley was the only other rider I could see who might be suitable without being too inexperienced, and the fact that it's a 28 day deal for Lambert suggests that somebody stronger will come in for the latter stages of the season.

I thought you couldnt sign anyone after the end of July?

As its 28 day I was assuming it then allows Kasper back after a month.  I guess in the scheme of things Simon isn't too bad a replacement, but had hoped for better. 

Getting the right rider for number 2 position is now quite crucial....

16 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I thought you couldnt sign anyone after the end of July?

I thought the deadline was some time in August? If it is the end of July then I presume the 28 day nature of Lambert's contract means that he and Andersen could be replaced before it elapses by a third rider.

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I thought the deadline was some time in August? If it is the end of July then I presume the 28 day nature of Lambert's contract means that he and Andersen could be replaced before it elapses by a third rider.

16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 12TH August with the effective date being 15th August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA with their replacement being released

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icicle said:

Another rule that can be bent/ignored/stretched ....??

Another post rushed into without finding the facts.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Looks as if Kasper is the allegedly stronger rider than Simon Lambert. Do you know, on the evidence of his completed ride last week that is probably true. Does not say much for Lambert's "strength" in the meantime though. It could all be brighter IF the replacement for Lewis Kerr is an ambitious one. We will be told in "due course" - 24 hours before the next home match?

No disrespect to Lambert but really? The club seems to have no vision and take the easy option.

• Like 1

The 2 questions  (1) would Anderson have been replaced had he not got injured ?... Im suggesting no he wouldn't.  (2)  Will lambert score any less than Anderson ?.... Im suggesting again no he wouldn't.

Ok Lambert is what he is and is never going to be more than a Championship League Reserves/2nd string., but that is how far the top the league is diluted when these standard of riders can score points.

If the club are serious about making the play offs Kerr’s replacement needs to be a rabbit out the hat type of signing a inspiration signing that makes othe clubs sit up and take notice . Even more important now with Lambert signing 

Edited by Haza
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Haza said:

If the club are serious about making the play offs Kerr’s replacement needs to be a rabbit out the hat type of signing a inspiration signing that makes othe clubs sit up and take notice . 

Bugs Bunny might be available:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

Bugs Bunny might be available:D

More like tweety pie as he’s cheap cheap cheap lol 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Haza said:

If the club are serious about making the play offs Kerr’s replacement needs to be a rabbit out the hat type of signing a inspiration signing that makes othe clubs sit up and take notice . Even more important now with Lambert signing 

You won't get any top quality, rabbit out the hat for under a 6 average. Any replacement will be a run of the mill, 2nd string type rider. 

The options are a rider from the Championship, a Swede or Pole that don't compete in any top league's or try to convince Huckenbeck. 

Expectations have to be set low and hope any replacement just punches above their weight. 

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Like 1