British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

3 hours ago, Orbiter said:

No disrespect to Lambert but really? The club seems to have no vision and take the easy option.

I think that once more Buster just wants to "see this season out" and then Onwards and Upwards in the new re-structured UK speedway league scene 2019 ( whatever it may be ). And he expects the supporters to go along with it - again.

Rather than knock the management for not signing a decent replacement for Kerr, let’s see a list from you guys, then we can all make a judgement on your judgment. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I think that once more Buster just wants to "see this season out" and then Onwards and Upwards in the new re-structured UK speedway league scene 2019 ( whatever it may be ). And he expects the supporters to go along with it - again.

The only way Buster can really make a statement of intent is by redeclaration and Keeping Iversen, Lambert and Proctor.

The problem is that when available, would you find better than Jorgensen and MPT?!?

Kerr's average is one of those that can only really be replaced by a bang average rider.

The management team really are between a rock and a hard place in this situation. 

I think continue as they are with R/R and hope there's no more injuries and fixture clashes with Denmark.

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Like 2

R/R will probably work quite well for the rest of this month but once Kerr drops back to reserve a signing will have to be made, if Huckenbeck could be persuaded to do a couple of months that could be a great move.

It's very much a less than ideal situation all round though. As Daniel says the management are between a rock and a hard place really.

I think i'm right in saying that Kasper's ave is 2.55. Not an easy average to find a rider on. Lambert should average that and is only on a 28 day job.If Buster wishes he can re declare later on when NKI's average of 9 will drop to about 7.5..But Lynn are 2 points over the 42.5 limit so when NKI's average does drop Lynn will still be just over, so a big re shuffle would be needed. Not easy to replace riders like MPT and TJ on their averages. Not a nice thing to do to those riders either. One or both might be in Busters plans for next season.

Kasper was still on his starting ave of 4 until recently. Then would of been the time to replace him if Buster really wanted a playoff place.

A season or 2 in the Champ would do Kasper the world of good. Hes only young (19 ?) and it might be a bit early for him in the Prem. Best wishes and a speedy recovery for both the boys, whatever happens to the team.

Anderson would be a good signing on his low ave if it became one big league next season.

Who knows what's on Busters mind :approve:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

But there is all still to chase for if Busters idea is just to see the season out whats the fkn point no wonder the fans are getting peed off with attending KL

Hope that's not the case. Seems to happen every year, goes  pear shaped due injuries or holder-gate, then we seem to give up cos it's too hard or expensive to sort properly. Or we just continue with poor performing riders too long.

We'll never win the league at this rate :-(

Looking at the numbers, with Stevie Worrall returning to the Aces line-up I wonder if the Stars management are looking to pick up Jason Garrity.

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Looking at the numbers, with Stevie Worrall returning to the Aces line-up I wonder if the Stars management are looking to pick up Jason Garrity.

I can't see Buster and Garrity getting on for long. He is ( Garrity ) very talented but crash prone and apparently argumentative and not Robert Lambert's best friend allegedly. Someone on the inside will know. Any Worrall would do for me - is one free?

5 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I can't see Buster and Garrity getting on for long. He is ( Garrity ) very talented but crash prone and apparently argumentative and not Robert Lambert's best friend allegedly. Someone on the inside will know. Any Worrall would do for me - is one free?

That's the thing about a job, you have to work alongside colleagues you don't like but for the business you do the best you can.

For the Stars, Garrity is as good as any as a replacement for Kerr.

Bite the bullet and get on with it for the sake of the team. Nobody has had any issues with Jason at Scunthorpe and Belle Vue. In fact his character has had the opposite effect with what most fans and rider's comments about him. He may have turned a corner with his personality and become more grounded.

I hope the promotion can see past the fact they may not like someone. It's their job to do what's best for the club and that's employing the best for the job.

Garrity fits the bill

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's the thing about a job, you have to work alongside colleagues you don't like but for the business you do the best you can.

For the Stars, Garrity is as good as any as a replacement for Kerr.

Bite the bullet and get on with it for the sake of the team. Nobody has had any issues with Jason at Scunthorpe and Belle Vue. In fact his character has had the opposite effect with what most fans and rider's comments about him. He may have turned a corner with his personality and become more grounded.

I hope the promotion can see past the fact they may not like someone. It's their job to do what's best for the club and that's employing the best for the job.

Garrity fits the bill

I quite agree. On track, he may well do the business and I would like to believe that the promotion can do as you suggest. I can't think of anyone else scoring more points who they could come up with. I am just commenting on how it has been in the past, which is a well-known story. It would be great for Garrity if he has "turned a corner" and matured. That would make him a formidable rider.

Best options to replace Kerr i'd say are: Edward Kennett Claus Vissing, Ulrich Ostergaard or Jason Garrity.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, Bagpuss said:

I think its inaccurate and rather defeatist to say 'whats the point' if the club struggles to replace Lewis. We stand a better chance of success with a new signing but R/R and guests could work if everybody else pulls their weight. As always with new signings it depends on who is available, if they want to come and how much points money is in the kitty.

R/R  is a facility to be used by a team occasionally as a last resort.  not used as a permanent replacement.   With 3 meetings to run in July it would be silly  to use R/R.     It does nobody any favours.     It prolongs the meeting when allowing a rider extra time between races,    it  puts extra pressure on riders doing extra rides,    if another rider in the team has a fall , then the team are up the creek without a paddle.   At a time when the sport needs every help it can get,   what you don't want is fans waiting around doing the extended breaks  and the same riders in many races.

R/R is a major put-off.     

• Like 1

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Best options to replace Kerr i'd say are: Edward Kennett Claus Vissing, Ulrich Ostergaard or Jason Garrity.

Ulrich? May as well just call them Panthers.

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Auty for me is a better rider more reliable rides his balls off every race  he certainly is better than Garrity in the Champs this year. Garrity is good but if you have Six meetings in a month can you rely on Garrity to ride in all of them NO is the answer.

Edited by Sidney the robin