British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

6 minutes ago, Trees said:

Look forward with interest to see how Garrity goes, not my kind of rider but let's hope it all works out.... 

He will do great I loved him at Cov still a big fan of his

• Like 1

Garrity is ya real 'marmite' rider.  I think he could be entertaining to say the least, but if he scores the points what's not to like.   Just as long as he doesn't break out into..... You were made for me or Im telling you now.

Has anyone got his stats around Lynn ?

When is Stefan Nielsen fit.Could he come in at no 7 for Lynn.Or would he head off back to Poole when fit?His average is currently low enough to be our no 7.

2 hours ago, semion said:

Look we have Buster in charge of The BSPA and his side sick Godfrey running with Auty at Scunthorpe.  There must have been ways around it 5% here Special dispensation there, best interests etc etc.  I am sure between them they could have made it happen. :wink:

They could and have made almost anything happen AND more to come re 2019. Will it be for the betterment of the UK sport? Interesting to see what the SS prints next week from the fans point of view. Let's hope they collected some of the feelings expressed on the BSF.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

:wink:

Easy mistake to make though as he is listed as 4.68 on last season's premiership averages. I fell foul of this and was corrected by Ouch.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

When is Stefan Nielsen fit.Could he come in at no 7 for Lynn.Or would he head off back to Poole when fit?His average is currently low enough to be our no 7.

I don't think he would be able to go back to Poole this season.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think he would be able to go back to Poole this season.

If that's the case then i hope Buster has him signed ready for when he is fit.If we could get him in at 7 i would fancy our chances for the first time ever i think.

42 minutes ago, tellboy said:

If that's the case then i hope Buster has him signed ready for when he is fit.If we could get him in at 7 i would fancy our chances for the first time ever i think.

Definitely would do a good job for you and on a very low average for his ability.

• Like 1

Would Connor mountain fit at number 7? Surely a better bet than Lambert...?

Simon Lamberts best speedway years are behind him, but I would have him in the team instead of Connor Mountain.

11 hours ago, semion said:

Garrity is ya real 'marmite' rider.  I think he could be entertaining to say the least, but if he scores the points what's not to like.   Just as long as he doesn't break out into..... You were made for me or Im telling you now.

Have to agree with you there,     There's no doubting his ability, but always feel he's tries too hard and is an  accident waiting to happen.   I have seen him scoring big points at Lynn but also  seen him score very little.     I see him as a  rider who needs to take the opportunity he has been given.    Probably riding with a good team on a decent track,  coupled with a strong spirit might be all he needs to kick start his career as a top rider.  

Garrity wouldn't have been my choice,  but with options thin on the ground, he could be the missing piece of the jig-saw...        

• Like 1

Indeed, he averaged nearly eight points for us from 2A 1H. Handle him correctly and he’s a match winner. Always loved the guy and really sorry he never bedded in with The Aces. 

6 minutes ago, ouch said:

Indeed, he averaged nearly eight points for us from 2A 1H. Handle him correctly and he’s a match winner. Always loved the guy and really sorry he never bedded in with The Aces. 

To be honest imo Garrity is the best around who fits in with Kerr's average.He never entered my mind to start as i just assumed his average would have been to high.He will get us more points away from home than Kerr i think,but won't get as many as Kerr at home imo.Although Kerr does struggle a bit more when in the 1-5.

Really felt for Lambert last night.  Everything that could go wrong did.   Obviously the Ref had a problem with Lambert and excluded him twice,   when in my opinion both were wrong.   What did impress me was the way he rode in the two races  he  completed and his attitude of those bias decisions....   No doubt his time will come.    

Well done Robert,  you did us proud... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2