British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Anybody know how long Garrity is going to be out

I've got no problems with Simon Lambert as our weak reserve, although given the choice I would prefer Andersen.  Andersen is the new chap on the block and learning all the time.  I must be very different riding our varied tracks compared to those aboard,  remember  everywhere he goes is new to him.   I'm sure given the time to learn he will eventually be a far better rider than what Lambert is.

When Dale was assembling this years team,  he did so with 2 strong heat leaders and 4 solid middle-order,  riders making up the  nucleus  of the team,  that enabled us to always have a quality rider in the reserve berth.  This was the main reason behind his selection, and unlike some other teams,   he was making  a provision to always have them reserve places covered....  Although Rose was a big lost, he has been amply covered by  MPT.   but replacing Kerr is even more important.   We have to find someone who will be far better than the reserve status  and score points for fun, just as Lewis often did.  

Although exciting to watch at times, I have never been a Garrity lover.   He always over rides,  he is erratic,  he's a liability , but most of all he is unreliable and that is what we want most of all..   Unless we can find someone to fill Kerr's big boots,  our chances of any success will diminish quickly.....   

• Thanks 1

Maybe Kyle Newman will prove a good choice, he can do it if he's on top form.. 

Lewi was having such a great year, he's impossible to replace like for like.... 

I see that Daniel has had a reply from Dale on Twitter regarding Riss, unfortunately he can't be bothered to travel down from Edinburgh to race in the Premiership.

On 7/29/2018 at 4:43 PM, Daniel Smith said:

You are joking I hope. Andersen averaged 2 from 3 home fixtures and coming back from injury. S.Lambert is averaging 3.20 from 2.

Bringing Andersen back is suicide with home wins soooooo vitally important to making the Play-Offs.

That's the dilemma, Simon is what he is and won't ever get any better, will pop out of the gate and score a few at Lynn but offers virtually nothing away, while Kasper is young and potentially could improve and has scored a few points away.

Think we just need to hope that Garrity clicks into gear and doesn't get injured again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That's the dilemma, Simon is what he is and won't ever get any better, will pop out of the gate and score a few at Lynn but offers virtually nothing away, while Kasper is young and potentially could improve and has scored a few points away.

Think we just need to hope that Garrity clicks into gear and doesn't get injured again.

Don't disagree but what we have with Andersen is exactly the same we had with Porsing, barely improves through the season but we continue with, just Andersen is a lot less of a "Big Time Charlie".

To make the Play-Offs / win the league we need to make home wins far more convincing. Andersen's coming back from injury also so I just don't see the logic in bringing him back in.

• Like 1

Porsing had an awful lot more meetings to show that he wasn't going to get any better than Andersen has, Kasper has missed many matches this year through injury and riding in Denmark. 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Porsing had an awful lot more meetings to show that he wasn't going to get any better than Andersen has, Kasper has missed many matches this year through injury and riding in Denmark. 

Exactly, so why recall Andersen now?? There's no time left in the season to get race fit and improve himself and the team.

It's just not logical to bring him back. Maybe Simon ain't the right man but I feel for the team @No7 it should be anyone but Andersen. A backward step this late in the season.

Andersen returning doesn't inspire me at all. Nothing against the lad, i'm sure he'll be a half decent rider in a few years but we need someone now who can influence the rest of this season. Before injury he was barely scoring 2-3 points so putting him straight back in after injury is going to offer very little to the team. I had high hopes for Garrity, his own injury is obviously an issue but we will be vulnerable at reserve going forward. I think Garrity should be given more meetings. Options for Andersen/Lambert are very limited. Stefan Nielsen 3.67 or James Sarjeant 3.00?

When is the cut off for team changes??

Sarjeant no thanks, and with all due respect to Stefan if we had he and Garrity at reserve you'd be wondering who is going to get injured first, they both seem to suffer more than their fair share.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Andersen returning doesn't inspire me at all. Nothing against the lad, i'm sure he'll be a half decent rider in a few years but we need someone now who can influence the rest of this season. Before injury he was barely scoring 2-3 points so putting him straight back in after injury is going to offer very little to the team. I had high hopes for Garrity, his own injury is obviously an issue but we will be vulnerable at reserve going forward. I think Garrity should be given more meetings. Options for Andersen/Lambert are very limited. Stefan Nielsen 3.67 or James Sarjeant 3.00?

When is the cut off for team changes??

August 12th effective Aug 15th.

• Like 1

Erik Riss signs in place of Garrity.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:02 AM, g13webb said:

I've got no problems with Simon Lambert as our weak reserve, although given the choice I would prefer Andersen.  Andersen is the new chap on the block and learning all the time.  I must be very different riding our varied tracks compared to those aboard,  remember  everywhere he goes is new to him.   I'm sure given the time to learn he will eventually be a far better rider than what Lambert is.

When Dale was assembling this years team,  he did so with 2 strong heat leaders and 4 solid middle-order,  riders making up the  nucleus  of the team,  that enabled us to always have a quality rider in the reserve berth.  This was the main reason behind his selection, and unlike some other teams,   he was making  a provision to always have them reserve places covered....  Although Rose was a big lost, he has been amply covered by  MPT.   but replacing Kerr is even more important.   We have to find someone who will be far better than the reserve status  and score points for fun, just as Lewis often did.  

Although exciting to watch at times, I have never been a Garrity lover.   He always over rides,  he is erratic,  he's a liability , but most of all he is unreliable and that is what we want most of all..   Unless we can find someone to fill Kerr's big boots,  our chances of any success will diminish quickly.....   

I made no secret of my feelings of Garrity and see the acquisition of Erik Riss a big scoop.   He is someone who can be relied upon to help the Star's cause.   A big well done to  Dale Buster and the promotion for making it happen...:t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am often a critic of the KLS promotion but can only now offer a Standing Ovation for this team change. Eric Riss should add a lot of spice to the rest of the season.

• Like 1