British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

I'd like to think my tweet to Dale may of had an influence in the decision. 

This signing has the potential to secure the Stars a play off play. Congratulations, good move.

Yes a strengthening move no doubt. Can’t help thinking if Poole had done this there would be pages slating us for disregarding a Brit though.

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes a strengthening move no doubt. Can’t help thinking if Poole had done this there would be pages slating us for disregarding a Brit though.

Not really. Comparing KL use of Brits and Pooles over the years....................

• Like 3

A no brainer. 

Riss is making big strides and will be a good addition to the top flight.

Garrity very spectacular and exciting, but far too out of control to make it much further than he has. Remember seeing him in the Conference League at Newport and he obviously had talent but was out of control a lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And no congratulations for having two Brits in the team. 

Pity we can't have our other German back  Looks to  be in good form this year  (2nd in the German championship)  and would be on a low average as far as i can tell  

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They probably would tbh. But Lynn don't have a history of it, unlike the 20w 50 Pirates :wink:

• Like 1

Lynn managed to fit Riss in exactly on the point limit, they had 6.10 available.

So Rose and Kerr now been replaced by Palm Toft and Riss, so much stronger now.

Bit of a shame Garrity didn't get a chance to prove himself. Hope its not the last we see of him!

I wonder what changed Riss's mind. I thought he didn't fancy the travel? Good Signing 

1 hour ago, Danny Connor said:

Bit of a shame Garrity didn't get a chance to prove himself. Hope its not the last we see of him!

I wonder what changed Riss's mind. I thought he didn't fancy the travel? Good Signing 

Another time, another place, it might have worked out.    They say 'you reap what you sow'  and  this saying is never far for the truth.   He has loads of ability ,   but always over does it.   Spends too much time  failing off,  spends to much time injured,  he will never reaps the rewards his ability is capable off because of his reckfullness.    I remember when he was reserve at Cardiff  SGP  and came in a late race.    He missed the gate, then when last he made a desperate lunge inside of Robert Lambert when there wasn't a space.   They both came a cropper. Such a predictable outcome to a ridiculous move.     He does it all the time and he wonders why they have such a bad opinion of him.    

If he was to concentrate on sensible riding  he could easily become a better rider, that fans want to have in their team... 

• Like 1

I like Garrity, yes he falls off too often but he's not frightened to get stuck in and is exciting to watch.

However Riss is a better option right now and makes us stronger.