British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

1 hour ago, TesarRacing said:

Looks great doesn't it? I am 'old skool'!

Yip all we need is to get rid of advertising hoardings sorry bike covers, uprights and kevlars and then we will be racing again :D

• Like 1

Daring to hope now...Stars in the Play-Offs. Can King's Lynn take their first top league title? I. hope so, but not confident.

Winning div 2 was pretty good, still remember the two matches against Sheffield that clinched No 1.

Can't tell you how I would feel if the Stars win the Premiership.

Will soon be holding my breath. 

Will be there for the Lions double header to salute what has been a great season so far.

I will be dancing in Saddlebow Road if they could win the league. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Daring to hope now...Stars in the Play-Offs. Can King's Lynn take their first top league title? I. hope so, but not confident.

Winning div 2 was pretty good, still remember the two matches against Sheffield that clinched No 1.

Can't tell you how I would feel if the Stars win the Premiership.

Will soon be holding my breath. 

Will be there for the Lions double header to salute what has been a great season so far.

I will be dancing in Saddlebow Road if they could win the league. 

Me, too :D

• Like 1

Robert only had two rides in Sweden tonight, presumably he is feeling the effects of last nights crash? Hope there isn’t an injury involved and that he is fit for Monday evening.

31 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Robert only had two rides in Sweden tonight, presumably he is feeling the effects of last nights crash? Hope there isn’t an injury involved and that he is fit for Monday evening.

Yes i'm sure he will be fine  and enjoy the wide open spaces of the NSS. I can see him getting a lot of points monday.

Edited by foreverblue

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Think he was running on pure adrenalin for the re-run of ht15 last night which got him through that.I'm sure he must have been feeling quite second hand after getting a bit of rest,which is normally the case.You body seems to stiffen up after something like that then rest.Lets hope he is just battered and bruised and nothing else,and a few more days rest and hopefully he will start to feel a bit better.

Edit:  Just seen that Robert actually took a third race in ht 13 after not riding in ht 11.So probably just a tactical switch as Robert wasn't scoring possibly down to him not actually being really fit enough to race.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Just thought I'd post a warning to any Lynn fans travelling to Belle Vue just beware as play offs always bring out the Manchester football fans not regular fans and they are very aggressive with sewer mouths I know from going there in 2 previous play offs.

10 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Just thought I'd post a warning to any Lynn fans travelling to Belle Vue just beware as play offs always bring out the Manchester football fans not regular fans and they are very aggressive with sewer mouths I know from going there in 2 previous play offs.

No worries, the 'Kings Lynn Ultras' which Rosco was whinging about the other night will be able to handle themselves! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

I say man up. Not necessarily football fans, more likely all the not so regular Belle Vue fans. With everyone a bit more pumped up for a more important meeting than the regular season. 

For me, just how it should be.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Very true Wofie, you make a good point...

But on the plus side....

By going to Manchester (rather than Wolverhampton) at least the Lynn fans won't feel as if they have suddenly been transported back to the Seventies via a time machine when they see the locals and their surroundings...;):D

14 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Know need for you to worry this year with your team not in them LOL but don't forget wolves had to warn wolves fans about their bad language twice last year printed in the programme 

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

I say man up. Not necessarily football fans, more likely all the not so regular Belle Vue fans. With everyone a bit more pumped up for a more important meeting than the regular season. 

For me, just how it should be.

Easy for you to say from your armchair LOL! Or are you going to the play-offs? I hope you do, Stars need all their fans to turn up and cheer them to glory. The ones like yourself who are despondent, maybe this could be some kind of redemption?!? Come on the Stars, all in it together!!!!!

9 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Easy for you to say from your armchair LOL! Or are you going to the play-offs? I hope you do, Stars need all their fans to turn up and cheer them to glory. The ones like yourself who are despondent, maybe this could be some kind of redemption?!? Come on the Stars, all in it together!!!!!

If meetings were a bit more raucous I'd be there week in week out again.

Unfortunately those that still do attend say meetings themselves are still pretty boring, from the gate with lots of tractor racing. Only saving grace Monday was heat 15, so no, will be watching on TV as a far better value for money option. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

If meetings were a bit more raucous I'd be there week in week out again.

Unfortunately those that still do attend say meetings themselves are still pretty boring, from the gate with lots of tractor racing. Only saving grace Monday was heat 15, so no, will be watching on TV as a far better value for money option. 

Agree but theres raucous and there's over the top as we know from our days with Cradley.Only meeting I've been to were police always had to patrol stadiums inside .We not want that type of fans back it's still family sport.

• Like 1

It's funny how it's only wolves fans We have trouble with. Wolves fans are 50% of the blame. Both sets of fans seem to hate each other and let it be known. 

But one thing u can say the drama and atmosphere for them meetings are great  even the riders rise harder cos of it