British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

I'm.sure it will be same again Monday. A bitnof pantomime booing for the Lynn riders before the race and after. Always in good spirit 

Get off the forum and enjoy your holiday :D :wink:

Seems like all the grading on Monday was to give Niels extra time to see if he could carry on.

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Seems like all the grading on Monday was to give Niels extra time to see if he could carry on.

after a few more pina coladas I dread to think what I will post later 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It's funny how it's only wolves fans We have trouble with. Wolves fans are 50% of the blame. Both sets of fans seem to hate each other and let it be known. 

But one thing u can say the drama and atmosphere for them meetings are great  even the riders rise harder cos of it 

Crikey - all sorts of entertainment and atmosphere then!!?:t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Crikey - all sorts of entertainment and atmosphere then!!?:t:

And that's without start tarts. Imagine what it would be like with them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

It's funny how it's only wolves fans We have trouble with. Wolves fans are 50% of the blame. Both sets of fans seem to hate each other and let it be known. 

But one thing u can say the drama and atmosphere for them meetings are great  even the riders rise harder cos of it 

It’s funny, how the ferocity of dislike has reached epic proportions over the recent years.

Like you say it certainly adds for the drama. However the bad blood often stems from visiting Aces fans booing Wolves riders and cheering when they fall. I appreciate it’s probably the minority that spoil it on both sides but at Monmore we always get a decent match out of an Aces teams with several riders liking and doing well on the circuit.

Anyway, as it’s a Stars thread I’ll leave it there. 

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail.

57 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It’s funny, how the ferocity of dislike has reached epic proportions over the recent years.

Like you say it certainly adds for the drama. However the bad blood often stems from visiting Aces fans booing Wolves riders and cheering when they fall. I appreciate it’s probably the minority that spoil it on both sides but at Monmore we always get a decent match out of an Aces teams with several riders liking and doing well on the circuit.

Anyway, as it’s a Stars thread I’ll leave it there. 

You seriously just advocated aces fans booing a fallen rider. My god. Wolves are the worse 

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

No thought then that fans might not see it in quite so critical a way. People put up with it ( or rather endured it ) perhaps like me, some finally gave up and will support the Stars via the Speedway Star and the odd time they are on TV. Promoters and club owners make their choices and if that was a Buster and Dale tactic, they have to live with the result it could bring about on the terraces. Fewer fans every time perhaps. There were unlikely to have been more than 5 - 600 there anyway. That's UK speedway - disinterested in the majority of fans and a failure to see the bigger picture.

I wonder if Stars fans are gonna boo Iversen next time like they do Batchelor. 

Pulled put of a crucial cup meeting through injury, almost costing the team the meeting but managed to take 5 rides and 9 points in Sweden the next day. Pretty much the reason Batch got sacks that fateful July 2017.

• Like 2

The difference is that Batchelor guested rather than having a play off meeting for a team he actually rides for, plus it would seem that at the time Lynn took absolutely no risks with Niels with next Monday on mind. Can see your point but for me the two situations are quite different. Batch used his crash as a cop out  as he didn’t fancy the track, and didn’t put any effort in during his last meeting for the club at Leicester.

And of course the main point that Niels has been a top bloke and team man for many years whereas Troy has always been a plank.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

The difference is that Batchelor guested rather than having a play off meeting for a team he actually rides for, plus it would seem that at the time Lynn took absolutely no risks with Niels with next Monday on mind. Can see your point but for me the two situations are quite different. Batch used his crash as a cop out  as he didn’t fancy the track, and didn’t put any effort in during his last meeting for the club at Leicester.

And of course the main point that Niels has been a top bloke and team man for many years whereas Troy has always been a plank.

Don't disagree but the biggest issue that everyone (including myself) had with Batchelor was, if you that injured to withdraw from a meeting, how can you be fit the next day. Whether it's guesting or for your own team is irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

You do realise that Batchelor is self employed? All he has done is sign a contract for service for Kings Lynn, nothing more. He can ride for whom he likes and when he likes. That is the beauty of working for yourself. I am sure there are plenty of self-employed workers on this forum that will tell you how it works.

What happens if he got injured riding at Kings Lynn on a track he deemed unrideable? At the end of the day he made a decision based on what he could see, rightly or wrongly. Just because you and others disagree with his standpoint its ultimately his decision. It doesn't actually make him wrong.

He is his own boss, whether you like that or not. I am not a Troy apologist either. He has not ingratiated himself to the Swindon fans either but as Daniel Smith has kindly pointed out, PUK has done exactly the same, however, that's ok because he's PUK and he's a good bloke.

Clearly PUK has the same moral compass as Troy...

Edited by theblueboy

The original point was about both riders getting booed.....Batch can’t be surprised at receiving that treatment for pulling out of a meeting he clearly didn’t fancy and then guesting for somebody else the next night before putting in zero effort for Lynn at Leicester on the Saturday. 

Pretty sure it was said on Radio Norfolk by Dale that no chances were taken with Niels’ knee after an extended assessment period which resulted in the extensive grading. I’m quite happy to believe that he pulled out as a precaution and then found the next morning that it wasn’t too bad and that he was able to ride in a very important play off meeting for Smederna. I also believe that had it been a Lynn meeting on Tuesday that he would have ridden in that too.

As professionals Batchelor and Iversen are chalk and cheese.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

You seriously just advocated aces fans booing a fallen rider. My god. Wolves are the worse 

Like I said, a minority always spoil it. Same with some Wolves fans. Which was my main point.

i can’t believe you would suggest that not one Aces fan has cheered a fallen rider but accept that Wolves fans do that regularly???

That would be a completely false statement.

Anyway, as previously pointed out this is a Stars thread so let’s not clog up their thread.