British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

22 hours ago, therefused said:

Nothing confirmed yet I believe, although i image it will be at least £20. 

Is that called  expected  business practices ?   or  could that be seen as ripping the fans off ????

17 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Is that called  expected  business practices ?   or  could that be seen as ripping the fans off ????

Everyone does it. Whether that makes it right or wrong is up for debate. 

I think it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who have gone every week all season but at the same time it’s a final and in any other sport you’d expect tickets to cost a bit more. So mixed feelings really.

Maybe some kind of loyalty scheme could be developed to reward those who go to a certain number of meetings which would entitle them to cheaper tickets for finals (ie normal price rather than play off / cup final price).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who have gone every week all season but at the same time it’s a final and in any other sport you’d expect tickets to cost a bit more. So mixed feelings really.

Maybe some kind of loyalty scheme could be developed to reward those who go to a certain number of meetings which would entitle them to cheaper tickets for finals (ie normal price rather than play off / cup final price).

I don't mind paying a little more for the final, what is a quid or two more, hope the riders get a bonus if there's a big crowd! 

4 hours ago, Trees said:

I don't mind paying a little more for the final, what is a quid or two more, hope the riders get a bonus if there's a big crowd! 

Think Buster should only give them a bonus if they win it.Gives that little bit more incentive to give 110% and not just a 100%.

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

That's a good idea. Personally, I think the scheme should be to put tokens in the programme. This rewards loyalty and also encourages people to buy a programme, which at King's Lynn is pretty good - but certainly not the best in speedway. For the final (if reached) it could be normal money at the gate and a free programme.

but people can buy programmes without going to a meeting and paying any money towards the club for the year

39 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

That's a good idea. Personally, I think the scheme should be to put tokens in the programme. This rewards loyalty and also encourages people to buy a programme, which at King's Lynn is pretty good - but certainly not the best in speedway. For the final (if reached) it could be normal money at the gate and a free programme.

So to get say a £3 discount you have to buy 20 £3 programmes!! :blink:

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

not a problem if you buy one anyway:D

19 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Exactly.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:19 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

22 hours ago, Star Lady said:

there are plenty of couples who go and only buy 1 programme, so yes there could be a problem.

• Like 1

While I don't agree with play-offs for the title & most of what's said should be true, pretty much everything Dale Allit said in the Speedway Star is false! 
Consistency won't win you the league - 2 matches will!
King's Lynn have not won the league, so it's not a fact!

KL.jpg

How can you say that Poole were a great team when it took them 29 heats to beat a team that didn't have a No 2 at Poole  and Lynn and the top reserve in the league for a match and a half. 

45 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While I don't agree with play-offs for the title & most of what's said should be true, pretty much everything Dale Allit said in the Speedway Star is false! 
Consistency won't win you the league - 2 matches will!
King's Lynn have not won the league, so it's not a fact!

KL.jpg

Agree totally. Poole were the best team this year with Kings Lynn the second best team. Allitt is making himself look a fool with that statement. Poole won the league, Kings Lynn might win the ko cup.

• Haha 1