British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

28 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

How can you say that Poole were a great team when it took them 29 heats to beat a team that didn't have a No 2 at Poole  and Lynn and the top reserve in the league for a match and a half. 

No team were “great” compared to previous season but Poole were clearly the “greatest” of 2018. That sound better?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While I don't agree with play-offs for the title & most of what's said should be true, pretty much everything Dale Allit said in the Speedway Star is false! 
Consistency won't win you the league - 2 matches will!
King's Lynn have not won the league, so it's not a fact!

KL.jpg

So the record books will record that KL were the league winners this year, seems we all know the answer to that except Allitt

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree totally. Poole were the best team this year with Kings Lynn the second best team. Allitt is making himself look a fool with that statement. Poole won the league, Kings Lynn might win the ko cup.

I don't agree with you there,you were the best team in the play-offs,but for the year you were not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I don't agree with you there,you were the best team in the play-offs,but for the year you were not.

Record books show Poole as champions. Record books didn’t show Poole as champs in 2010. We finished 20 points clear. You will have to suck it up. We were runners up in 2010 as Kings Lynn were this year.

Record books should also show that Poole fielded an illegal rider in the second leg - whose score should be expunged (as Poole chose to cheat rather than use RR which I believe they would then have won fairly) meaning that Kings Lynn are the true champions!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Record books show Poole as champions. Record books didn’t show Poole as champs in 2010. We finished 20 points clear. You will have to suck it up. We were runners up in 2010 as Kings Lynn were this year.

I don't know why you always look for a reaction,but thats you all over im afraid.To me Poole in 2010 were by far the best team all year bar the last 2 weeks of the season.Just because you win the play-offs doesn't make you the best team over the year i'm afraid.There's no point of having a debate with you as you will only see it your way anyway as always.

Shovlar ,why don't you get a life and stop posting such crap? Poole are champions by default and weren't the best team in the league.Kings Lynn were.

4 minutes ago, mrss said:

Shovlar ,why don't you get a life and stop posting such crap

Just ignore him ,hurts him far more than replying to him. As tellboy says he just wants a reaction and attention.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, Trees said:

Absolutely wrong there SS, King's Lynn finished top of the league so they were the best team over the season 100%. Poole just got lucky in the play offs. 

The luck was deffo in Poole's favour. Lynn had NKI injured Sunday and MPT on the Monday.  That's speedway I guess. Toffy gets brought down and he gets excluded, that's speedway as well I guess.

The bit that I don't like is Poole's use of Morris at Lynn. I Don't blame Poole. We all know they will try and get advantage where they can.

Lynn was going to use Ellis and Morris when they was free. Not ideal, but legal. So the rule was changed for the final..I suppose that's fair enough.

The bit that boils my piddle is the bit where they wavered the  average rule for Poole...….Not changed it for everyone !! Just a 1 time special.:nono:

Don't matter who agreed to what rider rides where, it should not of been allowed.. Ellis for Poole x 2, and Morris for Lynn x 2...….. Fits without changing the average rule for 1 team and changing it back after the final :blink: I can't remember it ever happening, and I doubt it will again !!

Before the Poole tints start, I said this before the final..:t: Thinking about it, didn't Morris outscore Eliis by 4 at Lynn?

I wonder if the rule will be wavered for the cup final.... and re instated after it.... I doubt it :rofl:.. Makes the sport look silly...again.

Yes Poole won the league.. Lynn was the best team over the season, who also was bottom, had the best away record to boot, just unlucky and wronged in the final.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 4

Kings Lynn won the Premier League, Poole won the Premier Trophy.

My opinion is that topping a league over a season of home and aways is far more prestigious then a club that wins the final 2 meetings.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Trees said:

Absolutely wrong there SS, King's Lynn finished top of the league so they were the best team over the season 100%. Poole just got lucky in the play offs. 

One point that everyone seems to forget is the League,Play -Off's ,KO Cups ect,have been won by various "Select" teams over the season giving the "rules" situation in the sport regarding Guests,R/r and averages and being able to drop riders at will.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Kings Lynn won the Premier League, Poole won the Premier Trophy.

My opinion is that topping a league over a season of home and aways is far more prestigious then a club that wins the final 2 meetings.

Kings Lynn won nothing - they topped the league that’s all (sadly)

• Like 1

In any sport its the team that wins at the end of the season -  whether they have been good, bad or indifferent throughout the season is largely irrelevant.

Take the KO Cup - Kings Lynn have scored  more points than Somerset in the early rounds (194-191) but may lose out in the final?!

Edited by Skidder1

It’s the system unfortunately, Poole took adavantage of Lynn’s problems and won a two legged final and are champions, fair play to them, end of story. But nobody who is involved with Lynn should be scared of taking satisfaction and pride at finishing top of the table and being the best team in the regular season, especially as we were tipped to finish bottom. Injuries robbed us but that’s speedway unfortunately. 

• Like 3