British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Kings Lynn won nothing - they topped the league that’s all (sadly)

Kings Lynn were top of the qualifying league for the play offs, Poole were top of the league after the play offs

Call it what you want - the play offs are rubbish. Come the end of the year its a good chance the team that played earlier cant get together - showed that this year as well as previous. It was a farce at KL when they were presenting the medals, too many non-team members walking up to take the metal. That's not Poles or KL fault, just the rubbish system.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mrss said:

Shovlar ,why don't you get a life and stop posting such crap? Poole are champions by default and weren't the best team in the league.Kings Lynn were.

Rubbish. Kings Lynn played a couple of late double headers against teams that were no longer in the running and just went through the motions. 12 easy points. Suddenly Lynn fans thought they were invincible, especially after beating an injury ravaged Belle Vue in the semi finals.

Once Poole brought Harris in we were clearly the best team in the league. And it showed when it mattered.

Just accept you were the next best team. No shame in that.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

20 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Call it what you want - the play offs are rubbish. Come the end of the year its a good chance the team that played earlier cant get together - showed that this year as well as previous. It was a farce at KL when they were presenting the medals, too many non-team members walking up to take the metal. That's not Poles or KL fault, just the rubbish system.

How can anyone cannot see the benefit of the playoffs? They are brilliant. They extend the season, making a very tense and exciting end to each season.

Kings Lynns loss in the final was partially self inflicted. Iversen riding in a meeting of no importance whatsoever (he could have given his support walking amongst the crowd signing autographs and doing selfies) and the Kings Lynn management trying to get one over Poole by choosing the same guest. The loss of Palm-Toft was just a racing incident and could quite easily have happened to a Poole rider.

The final this year might not have been exciting to people not involved, but it certainly was for the fans of the club. Poole’s backs to the wall defence at Kings Lynn was superb riding and man management from Middlo.

Long may the playoffs reign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Almost every year we have this debate, saying we were top so are the rightful champions, we all know the rules at the start, Swindon were helped last year by Wolves Injuries, Poole this Year, next year KL might squeak into the play off and take advantage, at least it wasn't decided by one team being able to use the silly double Joker whilst the other didn't, try explaining that down the pub, Instead of having the silly shield thing at the beginning of the season just award that to the table toppers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Kings Lynn won the Premier League, Poole won the Premier Trophy.

My opinion is that topping a league over a season of home and aways is far more prestigious then a club that wins the final 2 meetings.

Umm no, KL haven't won anything. The sooner KL fans get to grips with that the better. The record books will show that Poole won the league.

It’s a bit like the SON really isn’t it. Yeah we didn’t win. We knew the rules but all 5 of our team members gave it a bloody good go. Poole are a decent team with no token 2 point riders. Solid right through and with a 5 regular man team we beat them by 12. With toft and Niels that would have been massive.

fluke is a harsh word but poole got really lucky. The toft incident cost us big.

It was in the rules to be able to use Morris for lynn for the 2nd leg. As farcical as it would have been it would have been within the rules at the time. But those rules were changed and we were the ones to lose out there. But had we had toft and Niels we would have been celebrating. But sadly we have won nothing. But at least our future is bright. Poole could end up with an average existance from this point on!

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rubbish. Kings Lynn played a couple of late double headers against teams that were no longer in the running and just went through the motions. 12 easy points. Suddenly Lynn fans thought they were invincible, especially after beating an injury ravaged Belle Vue in the semi finals.

Once Poole brought Harris in we were clearly the best team in the league. And it showed when it mattered.

100% correct

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rubbish Steve Poole were not the best team in the league they were the luckiest .the team that finishes top is the best  I personally don t like the play offs  deciding who should be champions never had and never will     

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Umm no, KL haven't won anything. The sooner KL fans get to grips with that the better. The record books will show that Poole won the league.

I not a KL fan, I a speedway fan, and I don't like the playoffs. Its a money making spin at the end of the year, doesn't serve a great purpose in my opinion.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

100% correct

100% incorrect. Unless you are on a wind up like Mr Shovlar. 

Pretty clear from last weeks two meetings that if Iversen, MPT & Kurtz had been fit for both legs we would have won pretty comfortably, probably getting near 100 points. Our two guests averaged 4 over the two matches yet we still scored 88 points. No doubt in my mind we were the best team over the season but experienced horrendous bad luck when it came to the final. Conversely Poole riders knocked off and injured two riders which got them through to the final and then helped them win it.

Unbelievably cruel luck for Lynn but that’s speedway unfortunately.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

100% incorrect. Unless you are on a wind up like Mr Shovlar. 

Pretty clear from last weeks two meetings that if Iversen, MPT & Kurtz had been fit for both legs we would have won pretty comfortably, probably getting near 100 points. Our two guests averaged 4 over the two matches yet we still scored 88 points. No doubt in my mind we were the best team over the season but experienced horrendous bad luck when it came to the final. Conversely Poole riders knocked off and injured two riders which got them through to the final and then helped them win it.

Unbelievably cruel luck for Lynn but that’s speedway unfortunately.

Only the blind couldn't see the bad luck Lynn got at the most critical time of the season.

I don't seem to get Daniel this last month or so,he seems so down or something.He really does have a problem with everything King's Lynn and the promotion.Personally i think the promotion with the addition of Brundle has improved this year and so has the crowd imo.Things take time to turn around but they are doing it.

• Like 1

The team that finished top are the best team the team that won the knockout stage  won the league and that the way it is 

Edited by ray c

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

I not a KL fan, I a speedway fan, and I don't like the playoffs. Its a money making spin at the end of the year, doesn't serve a great purpose in my opinion.

All about money I'm afraid, the crowds at least double in size for it, so it will be around for a while yet. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, Bald Bloke said:

The luck was deffo in Poole's favour. Lynn had NKI injured Sunday and MPT on the Monday.  That's speedway I guess. Toffy gets brought down and he gets excluded, that's speedway as well I guess.

The bit that I don't like is Poole's use of Morris at Lynn. I Don't blame Poole. We all know they will try and get advantage where they can.

Lynn was going to use Ellis and Morris when they was free. Not ideal, but legal. So the rule was changed for the final..I suppose that's fair enough.

The bit that boils my piddle is the bit where they wavered the  average rule for Poole...….Not changed it for everyone !! Just a 1 time special.:nono:

Don't matter who agreed to what rider rides where, it should not of been allowed.. Ellis for Poole x 2, and Morris for Lynn x 2...….. Fits without changing the average rule for 1 team and changing it back after the final :blink: I can't remember it ever happening, and I doubt it will again !!

Before the Poole tints start, I said this before the final..:t:Thinking about it, didn't Morris outscore Eliis by 4 at Lynn?

I wonder if the rule will be wavered for the cup final.... and re instated after it.... I doubt it :rofl:.. Makes the sport look silly...again.

Yes Poole won the league.. Lynn was the best team over the season, who also was bottom, had the best away record to boot, just unlucky and wronged in the final.

SS. You have made no comment.. Thought this was just up your street. Your thoughts on  underlined would be great. 

Edited by Bald Bloke