Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, DWP said:

That’s for the compliment. But I am only looking after Nicklas in Poland, Denmark and Sweden. Plus with plans to move from West Norfolk to France myself in 2018 will only come to Lynn on the odd occasion. 

I am sure that Nicklas realises he is lucky to have you in his corner. Mick Brattley did a similar job for Hans when he was at Peterborough, & even sorting flights, etc out was a near full time job for him. Must add that Mick also had a full time job as well. Are you planning to retire in France David ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lambert and Kerr first ones announced then,well after T.J that is.Kerr at reserve by the looks of it 

Edited by tellboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Haza said:

And who’s to say he will this season ? 

He has now been confirmed;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As expected, the two latest additions to the Stars line-up  are Robert Lambert and Lewis Kerr.   Both having taking it upon themselves to release this information prior to the official announcement.     Two riders who know the Lynn set up well and have ridden here for many years.      Strange point of interest with these two, is that Kerr is probably the most consistent  'Gater' in the team, whereas Lambert would  love to add that pedigree to his armoury.      Probably with Kerr  and Lambert as team mates,  Lewis could learn Robert some inner beliefs needed at the starts, that would not only benefit Robert, but also the Stars team as well.     

 

We can but hope.....  :t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only two Friday's to go before the Drums Roll and the Trumpet Fanfare of the Fan's Forum - the excitement rises to hysteria level in the new "undreamt of changes and improvements" policy of the new promotion. Having seen the return of a football playing striker returning to low level Lincoln on the national TV news, I am expecting NKI ( if indeed it is he at No.1 ) to at least do a flyby of the East Anglia region in a Lancaster bomber and parachute onto the centre green at the AFA. Ot is it to be Gino Manzares arriving on a Jet Pack - that should make the news! That is what I call undreamt of. Which will it be that makes real headlines outside of East Anglia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just paid £3  to read  a Tour Brochure just to get to the article on Lambert.    Good old Speedway Star.  Great marketing that to get people to pay their hard earned to have to be subjected to that.  Its like Lego  getting people to pay £8 to watch a 90 minutes advert (Movie) for their product.  Very Clever marketing indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, proud panther said:

I am sure that Nicklas realises he is lucky to have you in his corner. Mick Brattley did a similar job for Hans when he was at Peterborough, & even sorting flights, etc out was a near full time job for him. Must add that Mick also had a full time job as well. Are you planning to retire in France David ?

Yes Nicklas is very appreciative for all I have done for him from the time he first came to King’s Lynn. We are the very best of friends and he is like a son to me. Though I won’t miss the time taken sorting flights and the trips at 3am to Stansted etc. He is excited about the new season, certain things I can’t reveal at present, which will be announced within a month. Not doing UK was a decision we made at the end of last season and I think this will be good for him. We were approached by a number of UK Clubs, but said thanks but no thanks for 2018. In discussion with Dale, we all agreed Nicklas was not right for Lynn and Lynn was not right for Nicklas this coming season. Re myself, I have plenty to sort before moving to France, but yes I plan to retire in Normandy. Good wine, food and relaxing plus getting back to oil painting which I haven’t done for years. (The next Monet Ha ha ! ) I have looked at logistics and it is still easy for me to fly to Poland, Sweden and Denmark to watch Nicklas race. I will still look after certain aspects for him, but not having to arrange 4 flights a week and trips back and forth to Stansted will make life so much easier.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Philip ..... You have to admit the contents of this Week's edition are poor,  to say the least.   Page's of Adverts, 4/5 pages on Exeter speedway form the 70's.  Another few page's with an  article on the New Zealand  lad following up on 3 pages on the same guy last week.  As for current up to date news.  It is, IMHO very poor.  Tell me where I am wrong Philip ?  I know it can be difficult to get news worthy items at this time of year, but really I think your readership deserves better than this.  Looks very much like a lack of effort has gone into it.....Then to add in a 24 page ( yep 24!!) advertising brochure, is really something else.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, semion said:

I have just paid £3  to read  a Tour Brochure just to get to the article on Lambert.    Good old Speedway Star.  Great marketing that to get people to pay their hard earned to have to be subjected to that.  Its like Lego  getting people to pay £8 to watch a 90 minutes advert (Movie) for their product.  Very Clever marketing indeed.

What on earth are you expecting for £3 a Book! I find the SS excellent value for money!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, semion said:

Philip ..... You have to admit the contents of this Week's edition are poor,  to say the least.   Page's of Adverts, 4/5 pages on Exeter speedway form the 70's.  Another few page's with an  article on the New Zealand  lad following up on 3 pages on the same guy last week.  As for current up to date news.  It is, IMHO very poor.  Tell me where I am wrong Philip ?  I know it can be difficult to get news worthy items at this time of year, but really I think your readership deserves better than this.  Looks very much like a lack of effort has gone into it.....Then to add in a 24 page ( yep 24!!) advertising brochure, is really something else.

HAD Lambert signing before it was announced. SS is feature led at this time of the year. What's wrong with ADDING a 24 page travel brochure. Thousands of people use TP to go to SGPs. Am totally bemused by your comments.

 

So, no, I don't have to admit this week's issue is poor. But you are entitled to your opinion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this Mr Brundle at all related to the ex racing driver Martin Brundle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAD Lambert signing before it was announced. SS is feature led at this time of the year. What's wrong with ADDING a 24 page travel brochure. Thousands of people use TP to go to SGPs. Am totally bemused by your comments.

 

So, no, I don't have to admit this week's issue is poor. But you are entitled to your opinion.

So You think that a 24 page Travel Brochure is added value to your customer ?  33% of  the Mag... Devoted to one Advert.   Plus X % of the remaining  66% of the mag  is also advertising.   I am glad Philip You see that as good VFM

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy