British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Buster reckons Poland are relaxing their 3 team rule next year, the BSPA have been in negotiations this year, good news for our league!!!!

• Like 1

Buster reckons Poland are relaxing their 3 team rule next year, the BSPA have been in negotiations this year, good news for our league!!!!

Good news if the league has TV money to pay the points money required to get them to ride. If no TV money then what type of team would we build?

• Like 1

Good news if the league has TV money to pay the points money required to get them to ride. If no TV money then what type of team would we build?

It's not just top riders though it's any of them who might like to race here or actually any rider, anywhere. A good plan for every club and every rider.

I thought the the special announcement, (Thomas Jorgensen) was in fact a foregone conclusion. He has been the brightest points of a dismal year. Letting him slip through our fingers would have been a travesty.

In my mind a better, the bigger announcement was that the intention to run fixed race nights in the league , next year and that Polish will be forced to drop the 3 club rule.... That will make a massive input to proceedings....

When thinking about next year, (with the exception of Jorgensen), I can't get enthusiastic about many of our riders, Too many of them continue to blow Hot and Cold. We are in desperate need for a leader, someone we know will always be scoring big points. Neils left a massive hole and in my mind, that has to be the clubs first priority. Its all very well having exciting races, and keeping the fans entertained, but when the meetings reach the crunch time, we are always left wanting. How many matches have we lose in the last 3 heats, We need them riders to win those important heats. We haven't had that this year.

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

Good to have Jorgensen signed up already.

Auty and Toft deserve a run from the start of the season too as they've both been good signings.

Out has to be Huckenbeck, Porsing, S.Lambert, T.H.J.

R.Lambert I believe should have a season or 2 away from the Stars.

1. Iversen

2. Jorgensen

3. King

4. Kerr

5. ?????

6. Toft

7. Auty

Iversen

Lambert

Jorgensen

Rose

Kerr

Auty

Harris

Auty and Toft deserve a run from the start of the season too as they've both been good signings.

1. Iversen

2. Jorgensen

3. King

4. Kerr

5. ?????

6. Toft

7. Auty

Nor a fan of palm toft just can't see the improvement

1. Iversen

2. Jorgensen

3. King

4. Kerr

5. ?????

6. Toft

7. Auty

Why do you think Robert should have a season or two away??? I certainly don't want him to if he wants to race here...
  • Like 1

And they are decreasing their squads didn't he say.If that's the case hopefully with a surplus of riders it may bring their wage demands down a bit.

Also Monday's and Thursday's looked nailed on for racing in the top league next year.Tuesday's and Wednesday's Sweden and Denmark and Poland Fri,Sat,Sun.

It seems theThursday night tracks are happy for this to happen and will move their race nights,or who knows may even make the step up.

Thought the meeting after was interesting and seems positive for next year for speedway in general.

I have mightily impressed by TJ on the occasions I have seen him live this season. Good trapper and v.quick in front.

Good start to 2018 and if you can persuade NKI to return or engage a similar number 1 you'll be in a good position.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

I have mightily impressed by TJ on the occasions I have seen him live this season. Good trapper and v.quick in front.

Good start to 2018 and if you can persuade NKI to return or engage a similar number 1 you'll be in a good position.

There is no one similar to NKI. Anyone else would be second best :-)

NKI is a rider I enjoy watching. A move back to KL might be just what he needs to rediscover his form. He has not been at his best for the last couple of years so let's hope he thinks a return to the UK is what he needs.

• Like 1

I haven't thought of putting a team together yet.It all depends on what team average we have to play with next year.

If Jonasson was to get back to somewhere near his best he would be a steal on 4.64,Auty 4.50,Jorgensen 5.85 and Lambert 7.36 that would use up 22.35 pts of whatever the team average is.That could leave 20+ pts for the last 3.Possibly two 8.5-9 pt heat leaders.That way that would put Lambert back to 3rd heat leader which would be a plus i think.It's all ifs,buts and maybe's at the moment though,we will have to wait and see what comes out from the conference first.

Ok just for fun lets say NKI returns and the points limit is 42.00. Go back to basics with a few returning from this years team.

1. Iversen

2. Kerr

3. Jorgensen

4. Rose

5. R. Lambert

6. Auty

7. T H Jonasson

Edited by Brandon Bob
  • Like 1

Ok just for fun lets say NKI returns and the points limit is 42.00. Go back to basics with a few returning from this years team.

1. Iversen

2. Kerr

3. Jorgensen

4. Rose

5. R. Lambert

6. Auty

7. T H Jonasson

THJ could be the joker in the pack as depends which TJH you get.

I would be concerned which way his career is going. On the face of it a great reserve at his new 4.64 GSA for next season, but based on his returns in last month or two ??. His scores have been dire at times but is that because he was riding for a team with no prospects of playoffs and perhaps riding for an attractive av for 2018 ??

The guy is almost 29 and we saw a lot more from him as a rider when he was 25 riding for Poole in 2013 which was his last year prior to his July 17 signing for KL. He was fast and a good rider. For me he has gone backwards. He only had 7 meetings in Polish 2nd Tier so not even Pol EXL and didn't do too well. His Swedish scores have not been great either.

The real THJ who was also making appearances in SGP several seasons ago would be a no brainer signing at 4.64, but the THJ of today seems to me to be a shadow of the rider he was. Crazy thought considering the guy is not 29 yet and should be at the peak of his career.

May be worth a gamble though as if he does adapt to UK tracks and rediscovers some form it could be a good signing. Also not the be all and end all, as we have seen this season riders being dumped if they didn't measure up. Its not as if you are tied to them all season if they don't perform.

If KL do stay in Prem (and I hope they do), then I really hope they can get it right for 2018 after the disaster of this. NKI would play a BIG part in that I think although to be honest he is not quite as good as he has been in the past. Could he be going down the Hans Andersen route of slow regression. He is 35 after all and will be 3 months short of 36 when season starts. If rumours out of Poland are that he may be emptied by Stahl Gorzow (who would have thought that after the last few seasons). He may well lose his SGP place as well.

Perhaps the time is approaching for NKI to come back to UK (where believe he lives with his partner anyway) and rebuild some confidence.

I for one would love to see him back in UK as even though I am not a KL supporter he is true quality and even a not top of his game NKI is still a better rider than most in UK.

1. Iversen

2. Kerr

3. Jorgensen

4. Rose

5. R. Lambert

6. Auty

7. T H Jonasson

Virtually the team I had in mind ............... my pick included MPT instead of Kerr ............... either would make it a fairly solid team esp if THJ gets back to best!