British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You happy with the 5 currently selected then?

A total crock of poop being put together and clearly built on the cheap

It's not the best of the teams announced,but i am happy in the knowledge knowing we will have a very strong reserve,maybe 2 if Andersen works out ok.I'm also happy that Lambert and Rose are in the team.The only one i will worry about is Proctor.With the arrival of a very good number one we shouldn't be that awful as some think.

If it's clearly done on the cheap as you think,pump some money in and sponsor a Dudek or someone to come over.

• Like 1

If we are living within our means then fair enough, but surely there was somebody better than Proctor on that average? Not unhappy with the other six (if they all sign of course).

Edited by Bagpuss

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If we are living within our means then fair enough, but surely there was somebody better than Proctor on that average? Not unhappy with the other six (if they all sign of course).

Quite agree,the other six are ok in my eyes.I think looking at Proctor they are probably thinking of how he rode for us on many guesting appearances back in the old PL days.Very entertaining and scored a lot of points.Although we are talking many years ago.Starting at 2nd string i would like to think he could score 5-6 points a meeting.Only time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

NKI won't be a definate as the Poles still have not relaxed the 3 club rule.

If no Iversen and no other replacement can be found even at this late stage it not surprise me if the club tried to drop to the Championship doubt they’d be allowed to at this late stage though 

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Don't disagree with you on that one. The only thing I can even think he brings is years of experience.

Maybe Buster has been looking at his videos or something and is dreaming that maybe he will be another Aussie late developer like Doyle. Well even 50% of Doyle's improvement would be a better rider than he is now one would think.

Cant get my head around why Proctor other than cost. He has his Champ side sorted so would think from a cost perspective he comes fairly cheap in comparison to a foreign rider with all the equip/travelling/accomodation/mechanics etc. Wont have all those costs with Proctor as no doubt he will use same pool of equip to cover both leagues same with mechanic etc.

Must admit though after last season KL fans deserve better in my opinion. But I am not a promoter and don't know what little money is available.

You never know though. If they do get NJI and Lambert turns up and doesn't sulk its all about trying to get into the first 4 as your first target. Not always about top of the league as its won in the play offs not in Jan/Feb.

If the Stars can't find someone better than Proctor then it's going to be a long painfull season again. I hope the admission price doesn't go up, it's going to be difficult to get people to attend as it is.

• Thanks 1

Just now, tellboy said:

Quite agree,the other six are ok in my eyes.I think looking at Proctor they are probably thinking of how he rode for us on many guesting appearances back in the old PL days.Very entertaining and scored a lot of points.Although we are talking many years ago.Starting at 2nd string i would like to think he could score 5-6 points a meeting.Only time will tell.

He was, but as you say that was nine years ago. He has missed UK seasons in that time and isn't that number one rider that Redcar had back then, think he finished on the PLRC rostrum that year too. It needed to be somebody who could potentially up their average, somebody younger and new to the UK if need be.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Didn't think it would take you long to have another grumble.:shock:

So am I not allowed to voice my opinion? 

55 minutes ago, pubichair said:

how Old is proctor now?  

30/31 I believe

After our poor showings in recent years,  I was optimistic that 2018 would see a change, giving us plenty to shout about.    No wonder   these plans have been kept secret,  amply assisted by slow meticulous planning,   again we have been taken as mugs.   The team assembled is disappointing,    Initially, I was pleased Niels was back, but if that is the reason for the remaining cheaper options, then probably it would have been better to have forgot Niels and look for newer talent.    This team could quite easily become  a one hit wonder, and when them meetings  come  and Niels is unavailable,  what happens then.      As good as Niels is, he alone wont  be enough to keep getting the  fans through them doors... 

For more years than I care to remember, I've attended the supporters meeting for the announcement of the team.     I have lost count of the times I come away thinking  this was going to be  our year.  We were always allowed those few weeks preseason, when we thought we had a chance.......  

They have even taken that away now,              only a fool  would fancy our chances  with that team..........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

After our poor showings in recent years,  I was optimistic that 2018 would see a change, giving us plenty to shout about.    No wonder   these plans have been kept secret,  amply assisted by slow meticulous planning,   again we have been taken as mugs.   The team assembled is disappointing,    Initially, I was pleased Niels was back, but if that is the reason for the remaining cheaper options, then probably it would have been better to have forgot Niels and look for newer talent.    This team could quite easily become  a one hit wonder, and when them meetings  come  and Niels is unavailable,  what happens then.      As good as Niels is, he alone wont  be enough to keep getting the  fans through them doors... 

For more years than I care to remember, I've attended the supporters meeting for the announcement of the team.     I have lost count of the times I come away thinking  this was going to be  our year.  We were always allowed those few weeks preseason, when we thought we had a chance.......  

They have even taken that away now,              only a fool  would fancy our chances  with that team..........

Sadly I agree 

1 hour ago, pubichair said:

how Old is proctor now?  

31 in February. 

" Undreamt of " is what Buster promised us for 2108 and he couldn't have been more correct. If, that is, it equals a nightmare - going nowhere team.

All i can say is all you King's Lynn fans deserve better does Chapman ever listen surely he knew this year he had to win SOME people's trust back again.Puk it will be great if he is back i am a big fan but is he the force of old  i am not so sure.Proctor just don't  get it why would you take him on that average what about Wozniak maybe? a real tough season ahead i just hope your crowds hold up.