Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yep and anyone could have signed the two poles

 

Not really tho FB, Woryna signed as a Poole asset and Mateusz is also an asset.

No other clubs really stood a chance of signing either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

In theory, but in reality not everyone could afford them.

Buster has owned Lynn for 20 or more years.No rent...He has spent big on the stadium.Don't look like he's selling anytime soon then.Prob worth more for industrial.Must be in one of the better shapes of most in the Prem,but the team looks poor.Buster must be one of the "richest" promoters in the Prem.But spending the least..

 

 

 

Edited by Bald Bloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Not really tho FB, Woryna signed as a Poole asset and Mateusz is also an asset.

No other clubs really stood a chance of signing either.

Why couldn't other teams sign them as assets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it's obviously a team built to a budget.It has positives, riders who have history with Lynn, continuity, Iversen coming back at number 1 is what most Lynn fans want which looks very likely now.

As a neutral the signing 4 riders of similar ability makes the mid order look really weak. Individually none of them are bad signings, but collectively it doesn't look great on paper compared to other teams. Should have a strong reserve though, and  also i think will be solid at home and after last year that is going to be important. However away from home will be tough again, as it's hard to see improvement from any of the main body.

Overall though given some of the riders that Lynn have had or been linked with in the last 5-6 years, the statements made by the promotion, i think i'd be disappointed with the team, i don't really think it looks to be an exciting line up. 

It's important to give the team a chance and they could surprise most people. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CrystalCastles said:

Think it's obviously a team built to a budget.It has positives, riders who have history with Lynn, continuity, Iversen coming back at number 1 is what most Lynn fans want which looks very likely now.

As a neutral the signing 4 riders of similar ability makes the mid order look really weak. Individually none of them are bad signings, but collectively it doesn't look great on paper compared to other teams. Should have a strong reserve though, and  also i think will be solid at home and after last year that is going to be important. However away from home will be tough again, as it's hard to see improvement from any of the main body.

Overall though given some of the riders that Lynn have had or been linked with in the last 5-6 years, the statements made by the promotion, i think i'd be disappointed with the team, i don't really think it looks to be an exciting line up. 

It's important to give the team a chance and they could surprise most people. 
 

Lynn will have a good no.1 and good reserves.Not a play off team ,unless a change or 2 is made mid season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why couldn't other teams sign them as assets?

You missed my point. Woryna signed before the season as a Poole asset, whilst Mateusz was already an asset of Poole. 

Little chance any other club could have then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You missed my point. Woryna signed before the season as a Poole asset, whilst Mateusz was already an asset of Poole. 

Little chance any other club could have then.

It's while Poole still try n sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×