British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

He would.And Poole would laugh at him on that ave.

Maybe but he is still a decent rider and could easily improve his average and is good at the smaller tracks.

Edited by foreverblue

6 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

Monday 18 June, home fixture v Rye House. The same evening as England play a World Cup football match! How did Buster stand for that?!

Its the only home fixture we have all June as well!

If it is our 3rd qualifier it wont matter as we will be knocked out by then. :D

25 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

Monday 18 June, home fixture v Rye House. The same evening as England play a World Cup football match! How did Buster stand for that?!

Believe it or not there are a lot of people not interested in football and a lot of football fans are only interested in their own club and not the international teams.

2 minutes ago, clambo71 said:

Believe it or not there are a lot of people not interested in football and a lot of football fans are only interested in their own club and not the international teams.

Ah, that's ok then. Thanks for that.

I'm a big football fan, and Kings Lynn could be terrible this year, but I think I would still rather watch that Stars meeting than an England team led by Summer Harry Kane.

• Like 1

Not totally a good thing that it clashes with an England footy match, loads of people watch England even if they aren't football fans particularly just like they go to Cardiff when they aren't really speedway fans haha

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Disagree - Worrall should be 6.55

Its Clegg that shouldnt be 2

Clegg only did 4 matches, Ritchie did 7. If one is fair then both are. Can't see a logical  reason for one and not the other. 

32 minutes ago, Trees said:

Not totally a good thing that it clashes with an England footy match, loads of people watch England even if they aren't football fans particularly just like they go to Cardiff when they aren't really speedway fans haha

Exactly, Mr Trees. The point is that all England World Cup fixtures have a detrimental effect on attendances at all kinds of other events. Most sports promoters would try to avoid clashing with one, if at all possible.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Clegg only did 4 matches, Ritchie did 7. If one is fair then both are. Can't see a logical  reason for one and not the other. 

There is no logic. Richie was told 6.55 when we pointed out their mistake. The fact it’s not been made public baffles me along with all the other discrepancies this close season, the worst I can remember. 

Their mistake has probably cost Richie a top league team place. 

The sport is utterly bent with little sign of change. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ouch said:

There is no logic. Richie was told 6.55 when we pointed out their mistake. The fact it’s not been made public baffles me along with all the other discrepancies this close season, the worst I can remember. 

Their mistake has probably cost Richie a top league team place. 

The sport is utterly bent with little sign of change. 

TBH I didn't think the governing body could muck up the averages any worse than the multiplyer farce of last year. However it seems they really can. Assessed and reassessed averages for some and not others with no real logic to the decisions is making it shape up to be the most corrupt season in a long time.

We should be doing everything we can to endure British riders have the team spots they need. Making an average stick after a handful of meetings is plain ridiculous. 

And if they are helping one (Clegg) to a nice low average after meetings you can count on 1 hand and penalising another using the logic is plain bonkers. I see no reason why they can't both be using their start of 2017 averages as neither did enough meetings to qualify for a new 2018 top flight average. 

It seems the required amount of meetings to qualify can change rider on rider.  Corrupt to the core. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, White City Rebel said:

Exactly, Mr Trees

:D

Try Missus 

Silly me thought Speedway was a summer sport. One fixture in June and three in July (two less than a week apart). 

Yep that's good planning on someone's part!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Silly me thought Speedway was a summer sport. One fixture in June and three in July (two less than a week apart). 

Also no home Easter weekend meeting that's fantastic planning but I guess the thinking there is all about stock cars 

38 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Surely you know the score by now.    One  meeting in June;   2 in July ; probably   6 in August  and remaining 10  the first week in Sept.  :t:

• Like 2