British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

48 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Surely you know the score by now.    One  meeting in June;   2 in July ; probably   6 in August  and remaining 10  the first week in Sept.  :t:

But weren't we told things were going to be done differently, to please the fans. Not seen many signs of it yet!

• Like 1

World Cup in June?

One presumes there will be some kind of challenge / warm up meeting before the Leicester fixtures, perhaps that will be on Good Friday.

41 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

But weren't we told things were going to be done differently, to please the fans. Not seen many signs of it yet!

Talking the talk - easy! Walking the walk - different story!  :angry:

The World Cup (or pairs event?) will be in June hence less fixtures that month. 

19 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

Talking the talk - easy! Walking the walk - different story!  :angry:

So far I’ve seen zero change from the club but it is only January-  I’m sure all will be revealed at the supporters meeting .

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Certainly pleases me that i don't have to choose between the World cup(football)plus when is the speedway World cup?Crowds would almost certainly dip through these periods.So they must have looked at this.So good work from the promotion,nobody wants to lose money if it can be avoided.

Edited by tellboy

1 hour ago, Woz01 said:

The World Cup (or pairs event?) will be in June hence less fixtures that month. 

also football world cup in june promoters don't want low attendances ?

9 hours ago, g13webb said:

Is that really important to you ??     It appears you have difficulty in separating  opinions to  actually moaning.       On another thread of this forum where posters are  making predictions  the majority are saying Lynn are weak.. , but don't let that worry you.      My philosophy has always been, speak as you find, and if that offends you,  that's unfortunate..,         But I don't hunt in packs.......   

I certainly know the difference in people's opinions and people moaning. I also know that you pick holes in everyone's comments unless they agree with you.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Certainly pleases me that i don't have to choose between the World cup(football)plus when is the speedway World cup?Crowds would almost certainly dip through these periods.So they must have looked at this.So good work from the promotion,nobody wants to lose money if it can be avoided.

Each to their own I have zero interest in 22 men kicking a ball of air about, whereas I might have gone to speedway to avoid the wall to wall coverage of it:wink:

• Like 3

Along with the Olympics the World Cup is THE greatest sports tournament. An awful lot of people who go to speedway also like football and I think speedway fixtures need to be carefully planned while the tournament is on to avoid poor crowds. 

Of course it depends on the game on telly that particular evening......England v Brazil will have a different affect to Iran v Costa Rica for example!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haza said:

So far I’ve seen zero change from the club but it is only January-  I’m sure all will be revealed at the supporters meeting .

I hate being negative about things but I've seen changes just not good 1s! every press release seems to have been botched. signings leaking early in the media, lambert moaning about signing,even the supporters meeting email said it was friday. I hope the improvements aren't just social media based. Not all of us do the social media thing other than maybe Facebook. i don't twitter snapchat or instigram and my phone isn't a modern 1! this whole e ticket thing caused me problems! new age is all well and good but with a 40+ crowd that could alienate some! Im all for being patient and stuff though. All i care about is the 15 minutes on track though really. so all these other exciting new announcements in terms of social media don't really excite me. Sign an exciting challenging team or drop prices. thats the best initiative! meh. rant over. 

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

:D

Try Missus 

It's the deep voice and the size 9s that does it. :D

5 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Each to their own I have zero interest in 22 men kicking a ball of air about, whereas I might have gone to speedway to avoid the wall to wall coverage of it:wink:

Everyone can be insulting about a sport they don't like. Some may say they have zero interest in watching four men follow each other around on two wheels for 15 minutes!  :wink:

12 hours ago, geoff58 said:

also football world cup in june promoters don't want low attendances ?

Yeah absolutely everything should be fine not to run meetings when England are playing although that get difficult to predict once they are into the knockout rounds.

12 hours ago, mrss said:

I certainly know the difference in people's opinions and people moaning. I also know that you pick holes in everyone's comments unless they agree with you.

Many times I am of the impression  I have to justify my comments,  because fellow posters  don't like my opinions.  Its not  the case pf picking holes  with anybody,  merely having a different view, and not afraid to post it.      When a person agrees with everything, their opinion loses its value.    An opinion can only be  one person's view

There are posters on here who agree with everything  the Stars  do and say,  they will not hear a word said about them..    The same can be said about certain riders,     I'm pleased  I am not one of those people.    I support the team  every year, through thick and thin, I will still be there most meetings.  I believe my support  deserves an  opinion.   Just because I voice a dissatisfaction,  only highlights  my  strong feelings. ..........   I don't apologise  for voicing how I feel,     

If  it didn't bother me,  that would be the time to be concerned....

• Like 1