British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't think there's any doubt that we look one of the weaker sides on paper, but it's far from doom and gloom. We have as good a number one as anyone (apart from perhaps Somerset!) and a strong reserve as well as two promising teenagers. One of the other three needs to step up to third heat leader for us to have a good season and if they can't then we must not delay in bringing somebody in who can.

Being widely predicted to finish 8th means there's only one way to go and that's up, the aim has to be top four. This team ought to be strong at home and needs to hit the ground running to that end, sure there will be some away beatings but hopefully there will be some good showings too. The pressure is off and we need to use that to our advantage. There is always a fancied team who struggles and an unfancied one that flourishes, hopefully that will be us.

Not particularly impressed with the price increase but like the fact that kids are free.

Definitely be predicted bottom but it’s not as bad as people think just got to hope the new danish guy  is good and also hope lambert puts his all into racing for us which I worry about unfortunately 

Edited by pubichair

2 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Where's the heat wins apart from iversen and lambert,looks a very poor top flight team no improvement from those riders at all. 

Utter drivel.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I'd hate to let you down so here goes:D.

Not much to say really, the team doesn't excite me, brilliant points scorer he may be but I don't put NKI in the entertaining bracket like Nicki P, as for the others, most of them have been there and not really done it. Seen too many "promising, rising stars" in years gone by to believe all the hype about the newbies. We were promised a new era for fans...not seen any sign of that and they put the price up. So that's me moaning. You might not like the fact I have that opinion but that's tough. 

Show me the positives and i might just might think again. Nah I won't lets be honest. Cant see me at Lynn this season. IF I go to speedway it will be at Peterborough where they know the word entertainment and actually provide it.

Isn't allowing 11-16 years olds for free instead of paying £5 a positive.Trying to encourage the youngsters.They might be the fans of the future (if speedway has one)..I don't know how many teams do this,but I suspect there's not many.

NKI is a big one.How many teams have a bigger rider than him in 2018.Only the Rebels.I don't think there's a team that would have Nicki P on a 9 point ave after his bad injury ant at around 38.Big gamble imho.

1 minute ago, DizzAssStar said:

Utter drivel.

Haha well why dont you tell me then I'm eagerly awaiting your reply....

Edited by Paddy The Rebel

Great to see Puk back  i am a big fan of his, i remember him starting out at Newport i  can remember a few battles with Gjedde at Swindon.I hope he has a great season proves a point and gets back into the  GP,circus  it will be hard but he has a chance.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Isn't allowing 11-16 years olds for free instead of paying £5 a positive.Trying to encourage the youngsters.They might be the fans of the future (if speedway has one)..I don't know how many teams do this,but I suspect there's not many.

NKI is a big one.How many teams have a bigger rider than him in 2018.Only the Rebels.I don't think there's a team that would have Nicki P on a 9 point ave after his bad injury ant at around 38.Big gamble imho.

I'm not in favour of people being positive when it costs me money:P Call me selfish but I'm honest:D

As I said NKI doesn't excite me, I acknowledge he's good but sorry he's no Nicki P, Gollob or even Jason Doyle. I've never cared whether Lynn won or lost I just want to be entertained and the present set up doesn't give me that.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm allowed an opinion regardless of whether you see it as moaning or not.

As of now to your great delight I'm sure, I'm no longer attending. There's no justification in increasing adult admission prices in an even further watered down league.

As they say in Dragons Den - I'm Out

Just hope that now you are no longer attending that will also mean an end to your constant moaning and negativity, genuine KL supporters are really fed up with reading the same tedious comments from the likes of you and a few other regulars who will hopefully take your lead and not return either, perhaps you could go to Peterborough with Star Lady.......they deserve you both !

Good Luck to the Stars in 2018 !

• Like 3

I think the kids free idea is a great one but unfortunately the trade off is to stick an extra quid on an adult price, it's going to split opinion of course and you can't please all of the people all of the time. You just hope it will lead to more under 16's going which is the whole point. Even if it leads to a few people not going who probably weren't going to anyway.....

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Just hope that now you are no longer attending that will also mean an end to your constant moaning and negativity, genuine KL supporters are really fed up with reading the same tedious comments from the likes of you and a few other regulars who will hopefully take your lead and not return either, perhaps you could go to Peterborough with Star Lady.......they deserve you both !

Good post!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the kids free idea is a great one but unfortunately the trade off is to stick an extra quid on an adult price, it's going to split opinion of course and you can't please all of the people all of the time. You just hope it will lead to more under 16's going which is the whole point. Even if it leads to a few people not going who probably weren't going to anyway.....

I think a genuine supporter won't mind a pound,if it ends up with some interest from the young ones that might not of seen the racing otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

Typical speedway, better of with less people to support it :lol:

Have fun

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think a genuine supporter won't mind a pound,if it ends up with some interest from the young ones that might not of seen the racing otherwise.

The problem is, the adult is the one that has to take the junior to the meeting.

If said adult thinks £18 is to much, he and the child misses out. That's the most likely outcome to newbies that they're trying to attract, punishing the regulars that's always been there.

14 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Great to see Puk back  i am a big fan of his, i remember him starting out at Newport

i thought he started at Kings Lynn

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

The problem is, the adult is the one that has to take the junior to the meeting.

If said adult thinks £18 is to much, he and the child misses out. That's the most likely outcome to newbies that they're trying to attract, punishing the regulars that's always been there.

not if said adult would normally bring a couple of kids

• Like 2

Delighted to hear Iversen is back as expected. Great news for the Stars fans and even better for the top flight.