Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Running scared ?:PGood money for both.

Edited by Bald Bloke

42 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i thought he started at Kings Lynn

Three meeting's  a modest 1.5  average he started his proper education at the Newport Wasps alongside Watson/Smart .Anyway  hope he does well  but i think Kings Lynn will be bottom of the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Three meeting's  a modest 1.5  average he started his proper education at the Newport Wasps alongside Watson/Smart .Anyway  hope he does well  but i think Kings Lynn will be bottom of the league.

:sad:Hope your wrong

1 hour ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Haha well why dont you tell me then I'm eagerly awaiting your reply....

The first heat win by any KL rider (other than NKI or Lambert)  and I will remind you of your earlier profound statement:-    "Where's the heat wins apart from iversen and lambert"

Similarly as soon as any KL rider increases his average by 0.01, I'll remind you of another of your sweeping statements:-   "no improvement from those riders at all"

So there we have it ................. your second post on this issue equally as stupid as your first!

• Like 1

Iversen is a top number one and in all honesty is a pretty damn exciting rider to watch, why on earth anyone at this point in their careers would prefer Nicki P to him at number one I dont know. 

Pedersen is probably finished now, his best days are long gone. And I am a huge Nicki Pedersen fan. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

The first heat win by any KL rider (other than NKI or Lambert)  and I will remind you of your earlier profound statement:-    "Where's the heat wins apart from iversen and lambert"

Similarly as soon as any KL rider increases his average by 0.01, I'll remind you of another of your sweeping statements:-   "no improvement from those riders at all"

So there we have it ................. your second post on this issue equally as stupid as your first!

That will be heat 2:t::D

• Like 4

Good to see Iversen back, my favourite moment when he barged Dirty Nicki on the back straight in a Cardiff gp. Always liked Iversen and giving it back to Nicki only made me like him more.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Good to see Iversen back, my favourite moment when he barged Dirty Nicki on the back straight in a Cardiff gp. Always liked Iversen and giving it back to Nicki only made me like him more.

Any rider that dishes it back to dirty Nicki gets my vote too. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fantastic news that NKI is back in British Speedway at Kings Lynn.

It's a so so team, built to a budget I would suggest. Rose, Lambert and the new lad are the potential improveres.  As the season unfolds there will be changes to a good few teams in the League. Injuries etc happen. 

Good that Brundle is advocating a strict fitness n diet regime.  Busters Burgers  to be replaced by Cheryl's Carrots ? :D

The quid increase will do nothing to attract  new bodies to the support, what it will do is make people even more selective on the meetings they attend.  People's spare pound  is under  more pressure than for a long time. With the unknown factors of Brexit still to come.  Buster is a brave  man upping the anti for an even further inferior product.  Still as we know from the past Buster is always right.  A nice thank you for the fans who stuck by him after his massive -/:; of last season.  

For me,  I'll be there early doors to see if the 'feel' of the place is right.  If not I will leave it to all 'true' Lynn fans to keep the ship afloat.

Any news on the Team Sponsor ?  I saw good ole Rodg was in the audience last night, if they can't find anyone else maybe he will step back in again.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

Apparently it was said last night that some tracks will be charging £20 for admission, absolutely bonkers.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

Baggy, I look at the example of Norwich City and see they have not put up their season tickets yet again for next season.  The reason /  they recognise the fact that they  are offering an inferior product going forward.   Yet still the fans are up in arms about it.  Speedway never  wants to take its head out of the sand and look at what else is happening in the outside world.  It is like the Promoters and The Sport in General is cocooned in its own little World and not aware or prepared to accept what is happening in the World of entertainment/Sport.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Any rider that dishes it back to dirty Nicki gets my vote too. :P

Nicki had the last laugh this year on Niels, being chosen for GP. Hope he's rubbish lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pubichair said:

It’s not the best team in the world but it is also a team that has potential to surprise a lot of people  (look at Swindon) if proctor returns to what he used to be he’s a very exciting rider and hopefully the new danish guy is good but never heard of him if I’m being honest lol

That is the usually vain hope in building speedway teams - IF "X" returns to what he used to be. Doing that is one of the most difficult things to pull off. I can't see it happening with Proctor. His days of being "full of potential" are well in the past.

Looking forward to the new season ahead now that Niels and Robert are back. 

Let's give the new promotion a chance before writing them off and questioning their pricing strategy which i think is OK - a £1 increase to cover the free entry to Under 16's.

Need to attract a new crowd, hopefully this pricing strategy and the work they are doing with local schools will work. Robin knows more about the business side of things than most.

People are entitled to an opinion sure, but if you don't want to go anymore then don't go!