British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

21 minutes ago, Pinny said:

If you hadn’t of childishly liked my post with the laughing face, this wouldn’t of turned into an “argument”.

i simply stated Iversen is superior to Lindgren in UK speedway these days to which you laughed at, despite it being true. 

In the last four seasons in which both Lindgren and Iversen have raced in the EL/whatever you want to call it, Iversen has had the higher average. And that is why any day of the week, I would take him over Lindgren, espiecially on a track away from Monmore Green. 

Only you are 'arguing'. I'm not the only one who is disagreeing with you.

It's called an opinion.  I'm entitled to put a 'laughing' face on a post that I think is funny. You're insistence that Iversen is better is laughable.  Both are superb top flight and world class riders. 

Plus it's good to see you can reply to a poster without making a personal attack. 

Lindgren had a superb 2017. You would have to be barmy to disagree with that fact. I hope Iversen has an equally brilliant 2018.

Plus Lindgren went unbeaten at Kings Lynn in 2017. Probably the best visitor to most tracks, certainly to kings Lynn. 

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

It's called an opinion.  I'm entitled to put a 'laughing' face on a post that I think is funny. You're insistence that Iversen is better is laughable.  Both are superb top flight and world class riders. 

Plus it's good to see you can reply to a poster without making a personal attack. 

Lindgren had a superb 2017. You would have to be barmy to disagree with that fact. I hope Iversen has an equally brilliant 2018.

Plus Lindgren went unbeaten at Kings Lynn in 2017. Probably the best visitor to most tracks, certainly to kings Lynn. 

virtually unbeatable at NSS lindgren !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Lindgren had an excellent UK season in 2017. We shall not be able to compare him with NKI in the UK this year, unless the situation changes and he signs for a PL team but I doubt there would be much between them.

Not using Green Sheet Averages, because I can't find them split between home and away average but taking account of all league matches and not including bonus points, Doyle had the best away average last year and was therefore the best visitor. He was followed by Morris, Cook and then Lindgren, although not much difference between those three.

Doyle also had the best home average and Lindgren was second. They were the only riders to average over 10.

• Like 1

Lindgren has reinvented himself for me a top eight rider in the world. In England  apart from maybe one year Freddie has been terrific given great service a great team man and in this moment in time a level ahead of Niels.Even when Niels was in his Pom in the EL he was never that impressive at the Abbey this year is a massive year for Iversen is he regressing ?i hope not .Will the likes of Kurtz,Morris young number ones get the better of him it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

• Like 1

Both are class riders on their day. both have had injuries too of late. so who is the better as of march this year is really not worth arguing about. its like the morris and kurtz argument too! both very similar ability wise! will know the answer on both as the season unfolds.!

• Like 1

It's a massive shame that Freddie isn't racing here this season, a guy who has always ridden in the UK :(    Niels now starts a seventh season with Lynn, 8 if you count years ago .... he's great to watch if a little lacking in the team riding front but he rarely gets under double figures home and away and for me there's nothing better than watching him fly round Lynn, what a style :)  I think I even like his style better than Leigh Adams :blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trees said:

It's a massive shame that Freddie isn't racing here this season, a guy who has always ridden in the UK :(    Niels now starts a seventh season with Lynn, 8 if you count years ago .... he's great to watch if a little lacking in the team riding front but he rarely gets under double figures home and away and for me there's nothing better than watching him fly round Lynn, what a style :)  I think I even like his style better than Leigh Adams :blink:

Not sure about the better style than Adams:P.One of my Fav's.But glad to have him back and it is a shame that Freddie hasn't got a ride as yet.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not sure about the better style than Adams:P.One of my Fav's.But glad to have him back and it is a shame that Freddie hasn't got a ride as yet.

Leigh Adams was a huge favourite of mine too, what a pleasure it was to have him in Stars colours for two seasons. He should've stayed longer, the track suited him so much. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trees said:

Leigh Adams was a huge favourite of mine too, what a pleasure it was to have him in Stars colours for two seasons. He should've stayed longer, the track suited him so much. 

Gutted after all those years racing speedway,he came foul of an accident for fun.:cry:

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Gutted after all those years racing speedway,he came foul of an accident for fun.:cry:

Unbelievable, someone who spent his whole career keeping out of trouble on the Speedway track, his luck was well and truly out that day :(

• Like 1

17 hours ago, geoff58 said:

virtually unbeatable at NSS lindgren !

Iversen holds the NSS track record though which would suggest they would be evenly matched there too!

• Like 1

Great to see NKI back in British speedway , but such a shame riders like Freddie , K Bjerre , Zagar etc cant be accomodated 

• Like 3

All these comparisons between 2 top riders is superficial.  For years we have been thinking of ways to induce more quality riders to race here,   and now we invent rules to  stop them from doing the one thing we have always craved them to do.

The fixed race nights  would have opened the  doors for some them top riders,  but the short-sightedness of the BSPA introducing this '1over8' rule has  in fact  closed any doors that may have been ajar....

Crazy........

Without that '1over8' rule, we could have had more GP ridesr than we have had for years.....

Edited by g13webb
  • Like 3

Mixed feelings really, take away Poole's ringers and the league looks on paper at least to be as even as ever. But it doesn't do the sport any good to freeze out bigger names, particularly one or two who have been loyal to the UK and their particular clubs.  And to then put the price up :blink:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, g13webb said:

41 minutes ago, g13webb said:

All these comparisons between 2 top riders is superficial.  For years we have been thinking of ways to induce more quality riders to race here,   and now we invent rules to  stop them from doing the one thing we have always craved them to do.

The fixed race nights  would have opened the  doors for some them top riders,  but the short-sightedness of the BSPA introducing this '1over8' rule has  in fact  closed any doors that may have been ajar....

Crazy........

Without that '1over8' rule, we could have had more GP ridesr than we have had for years.....

To be honest  i think the UK needs to plan ahead without the GP stars the money is not there anymore.This year the teams apart from King's Lynn/Rye House look pretty evenly matched hopefully the season is a good one.

Edited by Sidney the robin