British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

the same few have made their feelings known over and over again over the last few months, not sure what their motives are

I guess I'm one of the few. Have you ever thought it's because we actually CARE what's happening to something that has been a big part of our lives for so many years.  I would like nothing better that to spend an entertaining evening at Saddlebow Road as I've done so many times in the past.

That's not moaning or complaining, simply explaining.

• Like 3

Let's just keep the criticisms at the post not the poster.  You can be sure positive, negative or somewhere in between the people posting on here must have an interest in Kings Lynn Speedway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Haza said:

So absolutely positive stuff from now on in no negativity no moaning all balanced stuff here . Or at least I will try 

All positive stuff wouldn't be balanced would it :D:wink::P

16 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

If only some folk would acknowledge that not all in the garden is rosy maybe negative stuff wouldn't have to be repeated.

I hope the weather for the first meeting is warmer than it is today:D

Is that positive enough:P

The negative stuff is disproportionate to the rosy garden stuff I'm afraid.

• Like 2

Ok let's try this out.

Is the team announced for this season a positive, negative or somewhere in the middle. 

For me it's got a chance of top 4

• Like 1

Somewhere in the middle.

Great number one and senior reserve, two promising youngsters but a middle order with plenty to prove.

Much depends on whether they stay injury free.

All things being equal middle of the road.

13 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I guess I'm one of the few. Have you ever thought it's because we actually CARE what's happening to something that has been a big part of our lives for so many years.  I would like nothing better that to spend an entertaining evening at Saddlebow Road as I've done so many times in the past.

14 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Ok , the usual suspects have “explained” many many times, really not sure what is being achieved by constantly repeating the same explanations.

i am not sure that you do care, you have made it clear you no longer attend, even before the farce caused by holder and batchelor last year, and that you don’t intend doing so in the future, perhaps it’s time to move on find new interests ?

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

Ok , the usual suspects have “explained” many many times, really not sure what is being achieved by constantly repeating the same explanations.

i am not sure that you do care, you have made it clear you no longer attend, even before the farce caused by holder and batchelor last year, and that you don’t intend doing so in the future, perhaps it’s time to move on find new interests ?

Now we have someone being negative who is normally positive and moaning about someone trying to be positive who some think is normally negative and the positive one ie Bert is being negative raking over last season by naming Holder and Batch surely it’s time to move on from that one Bert ? stop being so negative be more positive and stop bloody moaning . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Haza said:

Now we have someone being negative who is normally positive and moaning about someone trying to be positive who some think is normally negative and the positive one ie Bert is being negative raking over last season by naming Holder and Batch surely it’s time to move on from that one Bert ? stop being so negative be more positive and stop bloody moaning . 

Fair point..... moaning must be contagious ! ........hopefully being positive is ?

Roll on the 4th April, I for one can’t wait !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, semion said:

Ok let's try this out.

Is the team announced for this season a positive, negative or somewhere in the middle. 

For me it's got a chance of top 4

Its a big ask,  but as Sean Connery said in the  film 'Atonement'  its do-a-ble.   Assuming the league is going to be run on a similar program  as last year,  the first slot to fill has to be the 3rd heatleader.    I've got  Procter down for that ,   I'm sure he'll be able to up his scores, and together with Niels and Lambert we should be able to compete with most teams on the HL front.  (apart from Poole and Leicester) .    Our middle order riders of Jorgensen and  team Lewis may not be the best in the league, but they are all decent gaters. That could be the defining difference  helping them to win races.    But it also enable us to have  one of those 3 riding in the  reserves, and that is a big plus.    To me, Andersen is a massive gamble. From all accounts he is a talented young man who could go far,   but not having ridden on any of the UK tracks before  will be a big disadvantage.    Its going to be  a big learning curve  for him, one that could make the difference  of where Lynn finish up....   When you consider he comes into our team on an assessed score of 5,  and there are a few decent riders out there on a 5,   the promoters must have plenty faith that he will deliver...   We wait with anticipation .....

Looking at the other team assembled,  there are one or two that standout really strong,    but the majority  are of similar to Lynn with some strong riders and some not so strong.   Yes I think we are capable of a top 4 finish,   but to achieve that everyone has to play their part.   

When you have that belief, you can achieve anything......:t:

23 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I agree, he has plenty to put right this year and isn't great at receiving criticism, constructive or otherwise, but I don't see the value in people making their point on here several times over without telling the people who run the club how they feel. Perhaps Mr Brundle might be better at taking feedback on board.

Like you I don't believe Buster will sacrifice bar takings for a slick and quick meeting duration but something a bit swifter is a must. The most important thing is better racing and some luck with the weather as many people just won't take the risk any more if it might rain.

Living south of Norwich, with a 100 mile round trip for home meetings, I'm one of those who won't risk it if the weather looks dodgy.   I emailed the AFA last year, and asked if they were still doing the rain-off texting service. (I was told on this forum it was still in operation)  I was subscribed years ago, but suddenly the texts stopped coming?  Did I get a reply to my query....Nope, totally ignored.

So this season, if it looks like rain, or there are strong winds or any other possible reason the meeting may be off, I'll stay at home. So if you are reading this Mr Brundle, get the texting service back in operation, advertise it on the Club web site, make sure it works properly and once you have a database of fans mobile numbers, if they approve, use those numbers for match day updates and such like. Not rocket science is it?

• Like 2

Hope the Club gets it GDPR in place, same with the Supporters club.   Is everything sorted on that Trees ?

53 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Living south of Norwich, with a 100 mile round trip for home meetings, I'm one of those who won't risk it if the weather looks dodgy.   I emailed the AFA last year, and asked if they were still doing the rain-off texting service. (I was told on this forum it was still in operation)  I was subscribed years ago, but suddenly the texts stopped coming?  Did I get a reply to my query....Nope, totally ignored.

So this season, if it looks like rain, or there are strong winds or any other possible reason the meeting may be off, I'll stay at home. So if you are reading this Mr Brundle, get the texting service back in operation, advertise it on the Club web site, make sure it works properly and once you have a database of fans mobile numbers, if they approve, use those numbers for match day updates and such like. Not rocket science is it?

Now this is a serious question it is not complaining. If the club don't answer email queries, don't have questions from the floor at the fans forum and I seriously doubt read this forum. How exactly are they to know they could provide this service, which many fans would be grateful for.

Maybe Bald Bloke or another positive thinker could provide the answer..

Edited by Star Lady

Given that  it is widely known that the club have appointed a Head of Marketing Communications & Social Media would it not be best (assuming that the appointee is in post..... may not be yet!)  to simply e-mail the club once more (maybe nearer the start of the season) rather than (the op) bitching about what occurred last year ........... (Not rocket science is it op !!!)

That would positively be my advice!!