British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Ermm.I admit I'm no sports scientist,by a long shot.Everything a driver does in the car in an F1 car is logged into data.Speedway tracks vary a lot from week to week.The bikes are so basic,no computers on board,riders ride injured etc.. F1 has computers to monitor tyre pressure,downforce,driver braking,Brake balance from front to rear.Gear changes,and many more.Don't know how much you can use that with a basic bike,with no brakes,no gears.I might be way off the mark after a tipple ;)

On a positive note. After a long wait ,countless phone calls, and e mails , the club have refunded the rain off money owed to me from last season. 

27 minutes ago, mrss said:

On a positive note. After a long wait ,countless phone calls, and e mails , the club have refunded the rain off money owed to me from last season. 

Whilst I’m pleased you have had your refund - but what an total shambles you had to chase them with phone calls and emails - hope you had a full apology for 6 month delay in getting your refund ? 

Edited by Haza

Had an apology by email from someone called Barbara at the club. Hopefully things are improving at the club on the communication with the fans. 

7 hours ago, mrss said:

I assume that they were hoping you would give up and accept a loss?  :sad:

9 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

I assume that they were hoping you would give up and accept a loss?  :sad:

I would say you are dead right on that one - as for communications improving they really can’t get much worse .

Fingers crossed we see many improvements on and off track . 

As a general point I don't think there is any excuse for poor customer service and not putting those who pay to use your business and therefore keep it afloat first, second and third. Whatever the shortcomings of that business are excellent customer service should be an absolute minimum. It's a no brainer.

'Customers are not an interruption of our work, they are the purpose of it'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

As a general point I don't think there is any excuse for poor customer service and not putting those who pay to use your business and therefore keep it afloat first, second and third. Whatever the shortcomings of that business are excellent customer service should be an absolute minimum. It's a no brainer.

'Customers are not an interruption of our work, they are the purpose of it'.

As some will no I’m a cricket fan as well and a member at Trent Bridge- speedway could learn so much about customers service from Trent Bridge from official stewards to box office staff to catering staff they can’t do enough for you as a fan you feel valued they email fans before games about how the club is looking forward to our visit and by the time we get home there is another email saying hope you enjoyed your visit and please let’s us no if there is anything that can be done to improve the match day experience- ok two different sports one cash rich the other not in the same financial league but speedway is up against sports like this and the difference to how fans customers are treated is vast . For me it’s all about being valued as a fan rather than being taken for granted. 

• Like 6

Customer service give a company the opportunity to turn a negative into a positive. Do the job correctly you have the chance to keep that customer for life, plus the spin off when that customer tells other people ( word of mouth, social media) how well they were treated.

It’s really not rocket science 

Edited by semion
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Haza said:

As some will no I’m a cricket fan as well and a member at Trent Bridge- speedway could learn so much about customers service from Trent Bridge from official stewards to box office staff to catering staff they can’t do enough for you as a fan you feel valued they email fans before games about how the club is looking forward to our visit and by the time we get home there is another email saying hope you enjoyed your visit and please let’s us no if there is anything that can be done to improve the match day experience- ok two different sports one cash rich the other not in the same financial league but speedway is up against sports like this and the difference to how fans customers are treated is vast . For me it’s all about being valued as a fan rather than being taken for granted. 

I personally can’t complain about the service of marshals box office or catering staff although the one thing that does pee me off is that the club charges 50p to pay for your ticket using a debit card something I’ve never come across in my life. 

The rest of your post was spot on but I can see this area being improved with Robin Brundle now on board, let’s hope so anyway.

I thought the idea of even charging a fee for using a credit card has now been made illegal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, semion said:

I thought the idea of even charging a fee for using a credit card has now been made illegal.

Only valid on transactions after Jan 13th 2018, a good change in the law.  The only trouble now is are those companies that did a lot of business that way going to just increase the basic price for all to pay. 

Edited by A ORLOV

1 hour ago, Clive Ward said:

I personally can’t complain about the service of marshals box office or catering staff although the one thing that does pee me off is that the club charges 50p to pay for your ticket using a debit card something I’ve never come across in my life. 

The rest of your post was spot on but I can see this area being improved with Robin Brundle now on board, let’s hope so anyway.

I’m not complaining about catering staff or stewards at KL  the point I’m making Notts county cricket club can’t do enough for there customers/  fans-  right from the top to the bottom they are there to make your day special, even today I’ve had a email about pre season trip for the squad . My point is speedway in general and KL speedway are competing for my £s with Trent Bridge and Notts at the moment win hands down as you say Brundle may make all the difference fingers crossed. 

Exactly Orlav, so should be no problem at Lynn going forward. No charge for using a a card and admission price has been set.

4 hours ago, semion said:

Possibly not in certain parts of West Norfolk! ;)