British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

Is it time to drop down a league and go back to Saturday nights then?

You got 0% chance of going back to Saturday nights - stock cars are top priority on weekends . Minimal outlay maximum returns .

16 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

And I think there are a lot of people in the same boat. It's a rural area and many fans travel 20+ miles to get to speedway, lots of them after work making a 7:30 start difficult to get to. 

Some of us refuse to work late on a Wednesday (good old Tesco and availability forms haha) but hell aren’t I knackered on Thursday evening after only 4ish hours sleep Weds night but it’s worth it :D

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Haza said:

You got 0% chance of going back to Saturday nights - stock cars are top priority on weekends . Minimal outlay maximum returns .

Not sure if Buster rents the stadium to TrackStar or whatever the bangers are called,So get's nil of the gate money, or lets them have the stadium for free and takes admission money. The latter seems the better deal for him.

I would think it’s  Trackstar who get the admission otherwise there is nothing in it for them. Buster would get a hire fee plus gets the revenue from the Food Drink etc 

9 hours ago, Trees said:

Some of us refuse to work late on a Wednesday (good old Tesco and availability forms haha) but hell aren’t I knackered on Thursday evening after only 4ish hours sleep Weds night but it’s worth it :D

Your far far more dedicated than I am - I used to be but not no more once I get home from work on a Wednesday I’ve got so I can’t be bothered to go to speedway we’ve no time to eat before we leave and end up with a Buster Burger so a relaxing evening at home eating a proper meal has become much more appealing. 

45 minutes ago, Haza said:

Your far far more dedicated than I am - I used to be but not no more once I get home from work on a Wednesday I’ve got so I can’t be bothered to go to speedway we’ve no time to eat before we leave and end up with a Buster Burger so a relaxing evening at home eating a proper meal has become much more appealing. 

In which case surely you must get the reasoning behind starting at 19:45?

I understand what you say about being bothered though....if you add into the mix the cost, often dodgy weather, teams turning up understrength, our team being understrength and other sport on telly it's often easier and less risk to stay at home whereas years ago people went come what may. In general speedway promotions need to do and offer more to get people out of their front door and to the stadium.

• Like 3

Iversens form must be starting to worry Stars fans ... one injury too many? Certainly not the top dog he used to be. Quite sad seeing some of his scores at the mo.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

In which case surely you must get the reasoning behind starting at 19:45?

I understand what you say about being bothered though....if you add into the mix the cost, often dodgy weather, teams turning up understrength, our team being understrength and other sport on telly it's often easier and less risk to stay at home whereas years ago people went come what may. In general speedway promotions need to do and offer more to get people out of their front door and to the stadium.

I was one of those that went come what may even if it was raining when we left for the track - not no more been caught too many times - at night at the speedway cost for us both £55 and I’ve walked out of the stadium many times thinking why did we bother going . 

Times have changed and so has my attitude towards the sport . It’s very much can take it or leave it 

After learning that Denmark takes priority even with British rider's I have no doubt there will be meetings this season where fan's will turn up not knowing rider's are missing. 

We're now at the mercy of the Dane's and we could turn up with Iversen, Andersen, Jorgensen, Palm Toft and Lambert missing. 

The promotion have said they are "working with the DMU" to try and stop it happening every week but the promotion haven't said it won't happen again.

The team has had a promising start but with no squad system can be totally destroyed if rider's are called up on Danish league duty.

I can't imagine they won't tell people in advance of riders are in Denmark.

The worry of course is trying to fit in the postponed early season fixtures on nights when riders aren't in Denmark. 

54 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I can't imagine they won't tell people in advance of riders are in Denmark.

The worry of course is trying to fit in the postponed early season fixtures on nights when riders aren't in Denmark. 

They did it last year in not telling us riders were missing until we got through the gate. 

I believe if Lambert & or Iversen is missing due to riding in Denmark it will hit the attendances quite hard.

• Like 2

And if you think the club has improved on last year, they only announced on the day that Lambert was in Denmark and Proctor was in the PRC yesterday. 

The club is being run by a shark.

I'm going to leave it there because with all due respect it's difficult to reason with somebody who is only interesed in running the club down at any opportunity.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm going to leave it there because with all due respect it's difficult to reason with somebody who is only interesed in running the club down at any opportunity.

The club keeps on giving for people to criticise.

• Like 1