British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Was said by Robin Brundle on BBC Radio Norfolk's Speedway Show last Thursday that the management were exploring all options to replace the two injured team members and that an announcement would be made in due course.

9 minutes ago, semion said:

Baggy what does that really say ? In truth sod all

You're right, he's full of rubbish

30 minutes ago, semion said:

Baggy what does that really say ? In truth sod all

I'm sure it could be found on the iPlayer if people want to listen to it themselves.....can't remember it word for word but he recognised that we would need two signings as the two riders will be out for a fair chunk of time, and that they would be looking for the right characters to fit in with the team ethic as well as having the right averages. 

Me too. To be fair there is very little out there and perhaps waiting for the averages to change again might be the best thing in the long run.

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

an announcement would be made in due course.

Sounds ponderous and reflects how in recent years KLS has not been quick off the mark. A remarkable result would be if Robin Brundle could influence the visa issues and enable the club to re-sign Chris Holder. He is hungry now and would be well, " coming home"

Edited by waytogo28
spelling error

10 hours ago, semion said:

Can’t see Buster dipping his hand too deep in his pocket. Think he will be ‘shopping’ at Lidl more than Waitrose

I see Glasgow  have acted quickly to replace the injured Kerr.   No doubt there are many riders abroad who could fill a place ,   but like you say he'll have to have deeper pockets.

Obviously it depends on how important  the promotions see  it ...…..     For us to stand any chance of reaching them Play-offs  we need replacements  now,   failure to do that would signal their intentions loud and clear.......

Edited by g13webb

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I see Glasgow  have acted quickly to replace the injured Kerr.   No doubt there are many riders abroad who could fill a place ,   but like you say he'll have to have deeper pockets.

Obviously it depends on how important  the promotions see  it ...…..     For us to stand any chance of reaching them Play-offs  we need replacements  now,   failure to do that would signal their intentions loud and clear.......

Going by past seasons we will muddle through to complete our fixtures.

I wonder if THJ could be tempted over to replace Lewis?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Me too. To be fair there is very little out there and perhaps waiting for the averages to change again might be the best thing in the long run.

It could be as NKI is still on a 9. His will drop to around 7.5 and they might be able to re declare then ?. Who knows what Buster's thinking.

THJ for Lewis wouldn't do much for me and he will probably cost a lot for a 5 pointer.

Thing is mate if people are stamping their feet demanding replacements it needs to be somebody and I haven't seen too many names suggested so far. With averages I was thinking that one or two CL riders averages may drop a little for August meaning there may be more options open compared to now.

• Like 2

We’ve still have a chance of the play offs with the right signings those play offs are more than possible- or we just complete the outstanding fixtures and try again in 2019 but just for once I hope the boat is pushed out rather than just going through the motions to end of the season  

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Thing is mate if people are stamping their feet demanding replacements it needs to be somebody and I haven't seen too many names suggested so far. With averages I was thinking that one or two CL riders averages may drop a little for August meaning there may be more options open compared to now.

That’s the difficult one who’s available and more important who would come - 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Haza said:

We’ve still have a chance of the play offs with the right signings those play offs are more than possible- or we just complete the outstanding fixtures and try again in 2019 but just for once I hope the boat is pushed out rather than just going through the motions to end of the season  

Yeah. It would be nice for the fans if Buster pushed the boat out and went for a play off place, after the back end of last season. Try and end on a high, not just muddle through to the end of the season.

I know it ain't easy, but it would go a long way if he has worked hard finding the best riders available. 

• Like 1