Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Why that then?? Last year ONLY , the BSPA gave the top riders loaded averages purely because the lesser riders had acquired easier CMA from their protected heat format. we use to have. ,But all that has now gone, Riders now acquired their CMA using the same format. So considering top riders like Doyle and Freddie were the only riders to top 9.00 score, then in my thinking Neils would be graded as something similar.

I would like to think we could do better than Smolinski on a 7.56, I would look for a more talented rider on a lesser score to facilitate a better reserve.... But saying that, I like the look of the remainder.. :t:

if you say so -but to me Iversen average is false he never rode here this season so he’s definitely on his EL average if his average isn’t loaded prior to 2018 it makes Doyle Lindgren and Holder loaded 2017 average a joke .

if you say so -but to me Iversen average is false he never rode here this season so hes definitely on his EL average if his average isnt loaded prior to 2018 it makes Doyle Lindgren and Holder loaded 2017 average a joke .

The loaded averages were for team building at the start of this season only.....
  • Like 1

The loaded averages were for team building at the start of this season only.....

The 50 point team building limit took account of the average loading for all riders who only had an Elite League average to make it directly comparable to the Premier League averages. Many think that there should still be a smaller loading on riders coming in on old EL averages simply because it is obvious that those averages were gained in a higher quality league. However, hasn't the precedent now been set by Jonasson and Musielak coming in on their old EL average.

Edited by Aces51

if you say so -but to me Iversen average is false he never rode here this season so he’s definitely on his EL average if his average isn’t loaded prior to 2018 it makes Doyle Lindgren and Holder loaded 2017 average a joke .

It's not a joke at all.

Rider's who doubled up in the 2nd division in 2016 started on those average in the top league due to the format change.

This is why the riders that only rode the top division had their averages loaded to "level things up" and were eligible to also ride the 2nd tier.

2018 is back to actual averages.

• Like 1

It's not a joke at all.

Rider's who doubled up in the 2nd division in 2016 started on those average in the top league due to the format change.

This is why the riders that only rode the top division had their averages loaded to "level things up" and were eligible to also ride the 2nd tier.

2018 is back to actual averages.

but Iversen never rode here his average is an EL average not a Premiership- but I must be wrong

Its all down to team totals and riders ridding for whatever team they want to doubt whether you can push them to teams they don't want to ride for

If they were to load Iversen's average,then they would have to load Doyle's,Lindgrens,Holder's averages again.Or do you think Iversen is a better rider by 3 pts on average than Doyle and Lindgren.No team would want Iversen on a 12.5 while Doyle and Lindgren are 3pts lower.

NKI will be on his 2016 EL average of 9.04 - unless its deemed to be adjusted downwards due to his injury?!

If they were to load Iversen's average,then they would have to load Doyle's,Lindgrens,Holder's averages again.Or do you think Iversen is a better rider by 3 pts on average than Doyle and Lindgren.No team would want Iversen on a 12.5 while Doyle and Lindgren are 3pts lower.

why ? they have Premiership averages Iversen doesn’t

why ? they have Premiership averages Iversen doesn’t

Look at what people are saying on this.After basically the 50pt team average was dropped to the lower team limit everyone could sign riders on their old EL averages ie Jonasson,Lahti,Musielak.Iversen fits that bill perfectly.

TBH the correct thing to do would be to load riders with 2016 averages with a 1.2 multiplier. The 2017 league was weaker than the 2016 league, even before factoring in the format change for HL, which is why a multiplier should be used. But then they didn't use a reduced multiplier of 1.2 like they should have done for mid season signings like Musielak so there is little chance the bspa will have the sense to figure this out...

Look at what people are saying on this.After basically the 50pt team average was dropped to the lower team limit everyone could sign riders on their old EL averages ie Jonasson,Lahti,Musielak.Iversen fits that bill perfectly.

Yes. And that was ridiculous that a 16% drop in team limit was met with the full removal of a 1.4 multiplier.
  • Like 3

People complaining that the rules are too complicated seem to want to make it more so!!

The heat leader races in the 2015/2016 were theoretically harder as they were racing against other heat leaders more in that race format.

If anything, for any heat leader with a high average from a harder race format who didn't race this year, there is an argument to reduce their 2016 average accordingly to suit a weaker league in 2018?!.

But why? Just use their 2016 'real' average unless they've been out with a serious injury

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

People complaining that the rules are too complicated seem to want to make it more so!!

The heat leader races in the 2015/2016 were theoretically harder as they were racing against other heat leaders more in that race format.

If anything, for any heat leader with a high average from a harder race format who didn't race this year, there is an argument to reduce their 2016 average accordingly to suit a weaker league in 2018?!.

But why? Just use their 2016 'real' average unless they've been out with a serious injury

If they had a high average from a hard format why would you reduce it for an easier format and league? That's BSPA maths right there?! What possible argument is there to lower it?
  • Like 1

I left off the emoji!!

No argument whatsoever - no more than there's a valid argument to use any multiplier!! Just use their 'real/assessed' averages.

Edited by Skidder1

I left off the emoji!!

No argument whatsoever - no more than there's a valid argument to use any multiplier!! Just use their 'real/assessed' averages.

But there is an argument to use a multiplier, the same as there was last season. Riders who rode as a HL in 2016 have an artificially low average due to the heat format. Additionally, the standard of the league was lowered in 2017.

The only mathematically logical thing to do is to apply a multiplier.

• Like 2