British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

14 hours ago, g13webb said:

Another time, another place, it might have worked out.    They say 'you reap what you sow'  and  this saying is never far for the truth.   He has loads of ability ,   but always over does it.   Spends too much time  failing off,  spends to much time injured,  he will never reaps the rewards his ability is capable off because of his reckfullness.    I remember when he was reserve at Cardiff  SGP  and came in a late race.    He missed the gate, then when last he made a desperate lunge inside of Robert Lambert when there wasn't a space.   They both came a cropper. Such a predictable outcome to a ridiculous move.     He does it all the time and he wonders why they have such a bad opinion of him.    

If he was to concentrate on sensible riding  he could easily become a better rider, that fans want to have in their team... 

Exactly my thinking and why I am not in favour of him in the team.

• Like 1

Seeing Erik Riss last night was so pleasing to the eye.     Making his home debut for the Stars  he had it all in abundance.  Not standing on ceremony for anyone, he mixed and battled all the way.   His body language was amazing and his ability was there for all to see.    Loved the way he laid on the bike 'Long Track'  style  going down the back straight. 

A wonderful acquisition that will benefit the team big time…     :t:

Agree that Erik Riss seems to be a great acquisition. Looked fast and on the pace from the off and makes us much stronger IMO.

Interested to hear Dale say after the meeting that he didn't see the need to make changes to a winning team when questioned about Andersen possibly coming back to replace Simon Lambert. However according to Kasper's Facebook he says he's got his first meeting back in England on Monday??? 

Andersen can't come back in.

If Simon was still riding on a 28 day injury contract then Riss couldn't be in the team as they'd of had to use Andersen's 4.00 average for team building. This would have put us over the points limit. 

To have Riss in the team we have to continue with Simon or someone else on the same or lower average. 

Looking on the speedway gb site, Eric Riss has a rolling average based on 2 matches, should they not be counting his matches from Leicester in 2017 too?

Edited by szkocjasid

17 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Looking on the speedway gb site, Eric Riss has a rolling average based on 2 matches, should they not be counting his matches from Leicester in 2017 too?

MPT never included last years. Don’t ask me why. 

57 minutes ago, ouch said:

MPT never included last years. Don’t ask me why. 

Is it more likely, they have different rules for different riders, or no-one knows the rules?

2 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Riss certainly put in a terrific performance and got the track sorted out right from Heat One  Has he ever ridden it before? 

looked really good in the U21 Final at KL a couple of years ago

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Is it more likely, they have different rules for different riders, or no-one knows the rules?

Its far more complicated than that.     :wink:           It depends who  wants what and who they ask...       then again  it might change next month....   :t:   

• Like 1

On 8/7/2018 at 7:32 AM, waytogo28 said:

Exactly my thinking and why I am not in favour of him in the team.

Riss looks to be a rider to get stuck in but a little scary. I felt he hampered RL in first race and was a little over keen. Fingers crossed he will settle in hopefully become a team player.

2 hours ago, whippy said:

Riss looks to be a rider to get stuck in but a little scary. I felt he hampered RL in first race and was a little over keen. Fingers crossed he will settle in hopefully become a team player.

You are right that Eric Riss more than hampered Robert in their first race - it was very nearly a violent coming together. But for me, Garrity is far more likely to injure himself and others because he overrides constantly.

21 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

You are right that Eric Riss more than hampered Robert in their first race - it was very nearly a violent coming together. But for me, Garrity is far more likely to injure himself and others because he overrides constantly.

Any hampering in the first race was caused by Roberts slow gating.   You cant blame Riss for that.     He was in his first race for a new club and wanting to impress.   He was giving it his all,  and unfortunately blocked Robert on that first lap.   We all expected Lambert to be in the front chasing Cookie, and no doubt  Riss was as surprised as anyone to see Lambert behind him...     

Give me a tryer anytime.   Was well impressed with Riss on that first showing....

• Like 1

SIMON TO REMAIN A STAR

Friday August 10, 2018
lambert_simon.jpg
KING’S LYNN have confirmed they’ll continue to use Simon Lambert at reserve for the foreseeable future.

The 29-year-old came in as a temporary replacement for injury victim Kasper Andersen last month - who crashed again during Saturday’s Danish Championship.

Tru Plant Star boss Dale Allitt said: “Simon has contributed some important points since stepping in at reserve - particularly in our more recent meetings.

“With that in mind and Kasper not 100% fit we’ve decided to reward Simon with some additional meetings.

“We continue to wish Kasper a speedy recovery and when he proved he is 100% fit again, he will be back in the plans of King’s Lynn Speedway whenever that may be.”

King’s Lynn are back in action on Monday (August 13, 7.30) when they host Wolverhampton at The Adrian Flux Arena.

The 'unfit' Kacper Andersen has just been signed by Sheffield!!

UPDATED due to upsetting some Stars snowflakes: "The 'not 100% fit' Kacper Andersen has just been signed by Sheffield!!

Edited by Skidder1