Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

But there is an argument to use a multiplier, the same as there was last season. Riders who rode as a HL in 2016 have an artificially low average due to the heat format. Additionally, the standard of the league was lowered in 2017.

The only mathematically logical thing to do is to apply a multiplier.

And here lies the problem with our sport.... Every years they seem to bring in another rule, another calculation, a new idea on the pretence of fairness.

Back in the 60's and 70's, we had non of this. Each year, we raced the same format, most riders rode for the same club, and the average was a exact indication of their ability. Now it seems, the CMA is only a number, that can be manipulated to suit .

I thought I heard, that last year was said to be the start of a new beginning and that the rules and race format will be the same each year......

We'll have to wait and see....

• Like 2

Everyone moans about speedways rules and regulations so please let’s just use real averages from now on and get on with it.

• Like 2

Everyone moans about speedways rules and regulations so please lets just use real averages from now on and get on with it.

Not all riders have real averages, that's the point.

If riders carry over their averages from 2016 and before when the league was stronger, it creates a race to sign these riders who offer better value. Just look at the influence Musielak had in Swindon's resergence this season.

• Like 1

Not all riders have real averages, that's the point.

If riders carry over their averages from 2016 and before when the league was stronger, it creates a race to sign these riders who offer better value. Just look at the influence Musielak had in Swindon's resergence this season.

so I presume you think if NKI makes a return to Kings Lynn his average should be increased by 1.2

I have no doubt that Brundle has the pedigree to make Lynn Speedway a force to be reckoned with. The big question is whether Buster gives him a free hand to develope the team or whether he has his hands tied behind his back.....

Time will tell, but even Buster must realise another year like last, would be the end......

Abd we will never know if Brundle is to be a positive, integral part of re-building KLS or if he will be a name on the promoter's register. Fingers crossed that it is to be the former and that he can see the need for the fan's to be won over yet again. If Buster cannot see that, then the future for speedway at the AFA is bleak. And they need to get on with things and not wait until February 2018 before doing their best to restore supporter confidence. I too am still waiting to hear about rain off refunds. Somebody must still work there?

so I presume you think if NKI makes a return to Kings Lynn his average should be increased by 1.2

The short answer is yes, however there are more sophisticated ways of doing it by looking at riders who's average was above 8 in 2016 and seeing where they finished this year. NKI would obviously fit into that category.

I doubt the BSPA will do either though. They'll simply muddle through and the clever teams will game the system as Swindon did with Musielak.

• Like 3

The short answer is yes, however there are more sophisticated ways of doing it by looking at riders who's average was above 8 in 2016 and seeing where they finished this year. NKI would obviously fit into that category.

I doubt the BSPA will do either though. They'll simply muddle through and the clever teams will game the system as Swindon did with Musielak.

Whichever system is used, there will always be winners and losers. I don't see any advantage, keep using a multiplier to achieve riders averages that are out of date. Lets move on with this new set-up, and use the old average for the first 6 meetings then adjust from there. It cant be that difficult to understand and far more accurate then them multipliers......

Abd we will never know if Brundle is to be a positive, integral part of re-building KLS or if he will be a name on the promoter's register. Fingers crossed that it is to be the former and that he can see the need for the fan's to be won over yet again. If Buster cannot see that, then the future for speedway at the AFA is bleak. And they need to get on with things and not wait until February 2018 before doing their best to restore supporter confidence. I too am still waiting to hear about rain off refunds. Somebody must still work there?

I've been giving this a lot of thought, Researching Brundle, he has had a fair amount of success in many different positions he has fulfilled. and no doubt could bring much to the table. Thinking about Buster, he will obviously want to turn Lynn around. He needs someone to take over who has experiences, ideas and finances, not necessary in Speedway but of a sporting nature. Brundle ticks all them boxes.... It was so evident last year, that Buster wants to carry on doing the chairman's job, even at the extent of taking his finger off the pulse at club level. I think Brundle could be the big turning point for the club.

My one wish is that, If Buster does attend meetings at Saddlebow Road, he keeps in the background and keep his opinions to himself. The last thing we wants are argument with the riders and the track :t::t:

• Like 1

Whichever system is used, there will always be winners and losers. I don't see any advantage, keep using a multiplier to achieve riders averages that are out of date. Lets move on with this new set-up, and use the old average for the first 6 meetings then adjust from there. It cant be that difficult to understand and far more accurate then them multipliers......

I've been giving this a lot of thought, Researching Brundle, he has had a fair amount of success in many different positions he has fulfilled. and no doubt could bring much to the table. Thinking about Buster, he will obviously want to turn Lynn around. He needs someone to take over who has experiences, ideas and finances, not necessary in Speedway but of a sporting nature. Brundle ticks all them boxes.... It was so evident last year, that Buster wants to carry on doing the chairman's job, even at the extent of taking his finger off the pulse at club level. I think Brundle could be the big turning point for the club.

My one wish is that, If Buster does attend meetings at Saddlebow Road, he keeps in the background and keep his opinions to himself. The last thing we wants are argument with the riders and the track :t::t:

from what I’m hearing Brundle will be involved with the BSPA also becoming co promoter is the only way to do that from a Lynn point of view if this is true it’s a bad move we need someone 100% hands on at the club .

from what I’m hearing Brundle will be involved with the BSPA also becoming co promoter is the only way to do that from a Lynn point of view if this is true it’s a bad move we need someone 100% hands on at the club .

Totally agree with that. What's the idea of Brundle's connection with BSPA, unless he is that of an additional expertise...

Thought they had enough of them all ready....

You know what they say about too many Chiefs and not enough Indians...,

I , along with many others have tried for a few years now, to offer my feedback as an attending fan on how things could be made better from the fan's point of view ( more crisply run meetings etc ) and never even received an acknowledgement ( even by email! ). Those "in power" at KLS ( and the BSPA ) do not want to hear the opinion of fans ( or if they do they want to disregard it as a "what do they know" voice ).

Now it's the season of "Support it or Lose it! calls by some promoters ( Newcastle etc). They cannot seem to understand that what they are selling is less and less what many supporters want to buy. I am very unlikely to return to watch live in the stadium at Saddlebow Rd. in 2018, for the first time since it started there and it is not because of any infirmity! It is because of disillusionment with how the sport is run in the UK.

Yes I want to "give Brundle a chance" but IF I do it's the very last time I do and only because of a deep affection for times gone by watching The Stars in Norwich and King's Lynn.

• Like 1

There was some talk about appointing a new Chief Executive for the BSPA from outside of the sport?!

There was some talk about appointing a new Chief Executive for the BSPA from outside of the sport?!

Should of been done along time ago.

Can't be that role as he'll have an attachment to the Stars so hardly an outsider - independent which is 'bad' for the sport in this country

No chance of NKI coming over now.

Signed for Smederna in Sweden and is also on the verge of signing for a Polish Ekstraliga club. Will obviously ride in Denmark as well.