Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

In other news Lewis Rose was given the all clear to get back on the bike today.

In other news Lewis Rose was given the all clear to get back on the bike today.

Thats great news seems to have been the forgotten man at KL. Personally I hope he’s back at Lynn next year as I like to support local riders especially when you have seen them progress from the midland development league.
  • Like 1

If the rumours are right, holder could be visiting as a Poole rider next season

just enough rain pre meeting not to be called off would be nice def slow him down
  • Like 1

Chris Holder did not come to KL with any sincere interest in the club. He only came because he had had a spat with Matt Ford and needed a job ( and possibly a visa ) in the UK - for his convenience. What happened is mostly down to his intransigence, although Buster was partially at fault.

I have no doubt Holder will be back at Poole next year, and will show he can ride the track far better than he made us believe he can. .... Up until last year I had the utmost respect for Holder as a man and as a rider, but unfortunate his behaviour sure squashed those ideas. Looking back now, I believe his form was calculated, knowing he would be back in Dorset next year. Also him saying how much he disliked riding the AFA was a smoke screen purely to justify his poor showing.

The bit that really got to me was he showed no appreciation to the fans at all. Just because he was at loggerheads with Buster, doesn't explain why he dismissed the fans like he did. We all know had that match in July been against any other club, but Poole, there would have been no problem....

• Like 1

I have no doubt Holder will be back at Poole next year, and will show he can ride the track far better than he made us believe he can. .... Up until last year I had the utmost respect for Holder as a man and as a rider, but unfortunate his behaviour sure squashed those ideas. Looking back now, I believe his form was calculated, knowing he would be back in Dorset next year. Also him saying how much he disliked riding the AFA was a smoke screen purely to justify his poor showing.

The bit that really got to me was he showed no appreciation to the fans at all. Just because he was at loggerheads with Buster, doesn't explain why he dismissed the fans like he did. We all know had that match in July been against any other club, but Poole, there would have been no problem....

I did wonder,because he flew at Poole the night before,and it was said that he got a good reception.He deffo showed Ford what he can do,then the next night he wasn't interested...

If he rides for Poole next season and the track is how it was "that night" at Lynn again,i wonder how many people would put money on him refusing to ride for Ford...Not many would be my guess.

• Like 1

Out of interest how did you come to that figure? Im surprised its not higher

I took all the Premiership averages from 2017 and compared them to 2016 Elite League averages. There were 45 riders who rode both years, 11 riders dropped (which was surprising), 2 stayed the same and 22 increased.

I then took the average of the changes (very blunt approach I know) and it came to 1.079, which I politely rounded up.

You could get more sophisticated by removing the extremes, e.g. Holder, whose average dropped by 20% and Schlein whose rose by 50% and riders who rode less than say 20 meetings, but at the end of the day I don't think it would make a fundamental difference.

Therefore I concluded that the 2017 league is 8% weaker than the 2016 league.

I took all the Premiership averages from 2017 and compared them to 2016 Elite League averages. There were 45 riders who rode both years, 11 riders dropped (which was surprising), 2 stayed the same and 22 increased.

I then took the average of the changes (very blunt approach I know) and it came to 1.079, which I politely rounded up.

You could get more sophisticated by removing the extremes, e.g. Holder, whose average dropped by 20% and Schlein whose rose by 50% and riders who rode less than say 20 meetings, but at the end of the day I don't think it would make a fundamental difference.

Therefore I conclude the 2017 league is 8% weaker than the 2016 league.

I think that they have done enough now with percentages and just leave the riders on whatever average they have from last year so everyone knows where they are up to(assessed GP riders on a 7 is a joke and wants looking at).There might be a few bargain riders out there but you get that most years anyway.

Down to a few riders having a poor season the year before carrying an injury out of form poor equipment etc.A few riders ups and downs this year will be down to form and other reasons as above.

Eg Jason Doyle 9.58 average in 2016 9.69 average in 2017 if the best rider in the world cannot up his average that much then I can't see Iversen upping his 9.04 average that much.

Edited by B.V 72

Why on earth would NKI return to race for the Stars IF the pay rates - as we are assured, are way less than £200 per point in the PL? When he was racing it was common knowledge that the KL share of the Sky fee went on keeping him in the team. Now that there is no such thing ( is there? or not?) it would take another major sponsor to pay his wages.

Where did you get this assurance that the pay rates in the PL are way less than

£200 per point.You started a thread on pay structure stating that all riders in

the PL were on £200 per point minimum and were taken to task by posters saying a

lot of riders were on a lot less than that figure,but that does not mean many were

on more including riders like NKI

Where did you get this assurance that the pay rates in the PL are way less than

£200 per point.You started a thread on pay structure stating that all riders in

the PL were on £200 per point minimum and were taken to task by posters saying a

lot of riders were on a lot less than that figure,but that does not mean many were

on more including riders like NKI

From those supposedly "in the know" posters! I did not believe them of course At least the top two in PL teams are on £200 a point plus. And I don't believe that anyone is on £50 per point in the PL. Not, at least without a meeting guarantee of £500 a meeting. But when a former promoter tells you you are "talking nonsense " and "plucking figures out of the air" it's best to let them go their own way. It was tongue in cheek "assurance".

Theres so many different deals.Each rider has different deals.Some of the top riders are on a fixed wage,no matter what they score.

Some might be on £500 plus £100 a point.Others could be on £300 plus £100 a point.Reserves might be on £300 plus £50 a point.

Who knows

Edited by Bald Bloke

Therefore I concluded that the 2017 league is 8% weaker than the 2016 league.

Were the riders whose averages dropped those with inflated averages from riding reserve in 2016?

I presume the only riders who may have skipped 2017 but return in 2018 are likely to be HL? Would be interesting to see the multiplier if you base it on riders who rode in 2016 predominantly as HL. Id expect it to be a chunk higher than 1.08.

Theres so many different deals.Each rider has different deals.Some of the top riders are on a fixed wage,no matter what they score.

Some might be on £500 plus £100 a point.Others could be on £300 plus £100 a point.Reserves might be on £300 plus £50 a point.

Who knows

I suspect now that you are right, there is NO "basic pay rate". As the promoters have been so successful in cutting great rider pay deals in the past , let the Del Boy style continue to reap the dividends it has previously. Drop the blazers and have sheepskin coats all round? Every club does seem to have one or two Triggers around.

• Like 1

Were the riders whose averages dropped those with inflated averages from riding reserve in 2016?

A mixed bag really:

Clegg Max -1.15 Holder Chris -1.79 Kasprzak Krzysztof -1.05 Newman Kyle -0.66 Kennett Edward -0.77 Klindt Nicolai -0.58 King Danny -0.56 Porsing Niklas -0.26 Hougaard Patrick -0.13 Auty Josh -0.02 Ellis Adam -0.02

I'll upload the spreadsheet when I get home.

I presume the only riders who may have skipped 2017 but return in 2018 are likely to be HL?

Riders who missed 2017 but ride in 2016 include Bech, Bridger, Buczkowski, Iversen, Jacobs, Jonsson, Korneliussen, Simon Lambert, Mear, Stefan Nielsen, Bjarne Pedersen, Roynon, Sarjeant, Swiderski, Ulamek, Walasek, Woffinden, Woryna, Wozniak and Zagar.
Poole seemingly assume they are signing Woryna on his 2016 average of 4.65.