Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

So if they hadn't issued the PR saying info would be given in January you wouldn't moan about the lack of info from now to then?

Just asking

I am a little confused about your question in that, naturally If they had not issued the PR saying info would be given in January, I would be disappointed and asking Why not tell us anything soon? Now that we know ( from their PR) that we will be told a lot more between January and March, I am waiting patiently ( along with everybody else ). It's not moaning it's asking that the sports club / business I am most interested in, tell the fans what the next season holds. We have now been told - that's fine.

Just replying.

I am a little confused about your question in that, naturally If they had not issued the PR saying info would be given in January, I would be disappointed and asking Why not tell us anything soon? Now that we know ( from their PR) that we will be told a lot more between January and March, I am waiting patiently ( along with everybody else ). It's not moaning it's asking that the sports club / business I am most interested in, tell the fans what the next season holds. We have now been told - that's fine.

Just replying.

Thanks for the reply. I must have missed any optimism amongst all the negativity.

I've been critical of Buster in the past but there comes a time when moaning posts on repeat become tiresome ( not aimed exclusively at your good self ;))

I will await the announcement before passing judgement on the future, my feelings on the past are well known lol.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

Absolutely SL. There has been lots of warranted criticism of the promotion but the same moans and groans ad nauseam become white noise eventually.

• Like 2

It seems to bother you though if other peoples opinions differ from yours.

As i am prepared to give Buster the time to put his plans into action,then i will say afterwards whether i think it is a good or bad thing.But according to you i have a blinded approach to life.Is this because i don't happen to agree with you?

Why should Buster get other chances? i am amazed he is still in the job he is in no progress zilch progress promises made no results.I can remember his interview on TV in the Swindon v King's Lynn meeting with Rossiter he was a joke tried to be a total bully he needs to get his act together again as a promoter i dont see that happening to be honest.

Have been to Mildenhall a few times but every time i went I had to visit the Fish & Chip shop Very good but not for Mondays BREAKFAST???

Edited by John Scrutton
  • Like 1

Greg I would suggest as a Lynn Supporter you should be encouraging people to go to Lynn not trying to push them down the route of other Clubs.    Sometimes people should be careful what they wish for.

Looking at last year a lot of fans weren't happy with the fayre that was on offer at Saddlebow.  Judging by Buster's comment so far I would suggest he wasn't happy with the what he offered last year either.   We are a forgiving lot, generally.  So lets see what he puts on the table for us come next April.   If people like it they will be back.  If they don't then maybe Greg they will take your advice and hook off elsewhere.

• Like 1

Seems like the lack of dosh around this year due to no telly deal (who'd have thunk it after years of watering down?) is resulting in few big name number ones. I wonder who we will end up with? Lambert needs to be second heat leader if he returns so somebody higher than him although can't see Buster forking out for a Iversen, Doyle or Lindgren. Somebody like Harris may not be one of the strongest number ones but he'd increase the excitement levels.

Whatever happens I hope we go with strong reserves.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, semion said:

Greg I would suggest as a Lynn Supporter you should be encouraging people to go to Lynn not trying to push them down the route of other Clubs.    Sometimes people should be careful what they wish for.

Looking at last year a lot of fans weren't happy with the fayre that was on offer at Saddlebow.  Judging by Buster's comment so far I would suggest he wasn't happy with the what he offered last year either.   We are a forgiving lot, generally.  So lets see what he puts on the table for us come next April.   If people like it they will be back.  If they don't then maybe Greg they will take your advice and hook off elsewhere.

It just a joke when all some people do is say bad thing about the club . :( 

I'm going to throw a wild idea out there and question is the delay in announcing information something to do with the tv deal expiring? 

I have enquired before about streaming meetings and was told this is not possible due to existing tv contract. With this contract due to expire, could we be leading the way with streaming some meetings for fans at a certain cost?

50 minutes ago, Greg said:

50 minutes ago, Greg said:

It just a joke when all some people do is say bad thing about the club . :( 

Greg I think Buster and the Club deserved all they had levelled at them last season.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jammag said:

I'm going to throw a wild idea out there and question is the delay in announcing information something to do with the tv deal expiring? 

I have enquired before about streaming meetings and was told this is not possible due to existing tv contract. With this contract due to expire, could we be leading the way with streaming some meetings for fans at a certain cost?

Wolves has already said that the lack of a TV deal has ruled out Lindgren.

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

Wolves has already said that the lack of a TV deal has ruled out Lindgren.

I wonder if they told Freddie that ? 

15 minutes ago, Greg said:

I wonder if they told Freddie that ? 

Freddie has already said so on social media himself last week.

18 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Freddie has already said so on social media himself last week.

Do you think he’d sign for another UK team Steve?