British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Do you think he’d sign for another UK team Steve?

I doubt it. If Wolves can't afford him Id struggle to see any other team being able to. Unless your Leicester it seems!

24 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I doubt it. If Wolves can't afford him Id struggle to see any other team being able to. Unless your Leicester it seems!

If we don’t have iversen, lindgren would be a great replacement. Can’t see either of them signing though. 

3 minutes ago, therefused said:

If we don’t have iversen, lindgren would be a great replacement. Can’t see either of them signing though. 

I would have assumed Iversen would have been coming back. I hope he does for you guys.

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I would have assumed Iversen would have been coming back. I hope he does for you guys.

Why would anyone want Iversen when both Lindgren and Doyle are available?  I like PUK but both Freddie and Jason are better riders.

12 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Why would anyone want Iversen when both Lindgren and Doyle are available?  I like PUK but both Freddie and Jason are better riders.

It depends on averages at the end of the day.The team must fit

Edited by Bald Bloke

The 8+ Oyster, who do you want Lynn fabns? Lindgren, PUK or Doyle....

From what I was told today Lambert looking very doubtful 

Iversen. 

After rock star Holder last season. It made you appreciate what we had in Niels.

i wouldn't be surprised if we had none of the above and had a team of sub 8 pointers Though. 

6 hours ago, Col said:

The 8+ Oyster, who do you want Lynn fabns? Lindgren, PUK or Doyle....

Any of those, although I suspect we will end up with none of them.

Probably in the past, the riders assumed there was plenty of money to be earnt from the sport,  and rightly or wrongly  asked for the world, when signing contracts to race .   But it has become obvious to us all that this behaviour couldn't continue.  There was always going to a day of reckoning, and now we at seeing effects of that.

I have worried for some time that the sport cannot survive on its present course., and that massive restraints have to be in place just for survival alone.    If that means the end of the top riders, then so be it.   I just hope that the majority of riders realise the dire situation the sport is in, and doctor their costs accordingly.   They must realise the acute balancing of the books is crucial if the sport is to survive.   

I hope riders like Lambert don't price himself out of reach,  in their belief of what they think their worth.   That would be a shame......

• Like 2

If there is no tv deal or even if there is it’s rumoured to be £3000 a meeting covered by tv which isn’t going to go far paying Iversen Doyle or Lindgren each meeting to make up the short fall we need a major sponsor but after last seasons farce who will go near the club and if no tv that will have a knock on effect on sponsors - and rumours I’ve heard we lost money last season think we need to accept reality we are in for a low budget team similar to the one we ended last season with . 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

If there is no tv deal or even if there is it’s rumoured to be £3000 a meeting covered by tv which isn’t going to go far paying Iversen Doyle or Lindgren each meeting to make up the short fall we need a major sponsor but after last seasons farce who will go near the club and if no tv that will have a knock on effect on sponsors - and rumours I’ve heard we lost money last season think we need to accept reality we are in for a low budget team similar to the one we ended last season with . 

Now wolves have signed Thorsell the writing must now be on the wall with regards to the TV deal as BT made it clear their offer was conditional on 7 GP riders being present in the league.

My guess is reality has now set in at clubs and the delay in signing riders is down to an adjustment in value of what the riders believe they are worth compared to what the clubs are willing to pay them.

The main thing for all of us is that every club survives so I for one will not criticise if Lynn or any other club come to the tapes with an understrength team in 2018.

However i would hope this is the wake up call required to finally start working on a complete restructure of the sport for 2019 rather than the inept tinkering we get every year.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BT have offered a one-year deal (don't know the details) but presume the ball is now in the court of the Premiership tracks.

I’d guess it’s a lot less in terms £s per club than the previous deal hence why no Lindgren at Wolves - clubs will have to cut there cloth accordingly or make short fall up with sponsorship or increased admission prices but we a basically talking a £10 admission sport now with the standard the Premiership is now at .

If you think the higher standard premier league is worth £10 why do the championship clubs charge £15-17?

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3