British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Reading that Lynn are in discussion with Lambert about his plans for next season. Does this mean they had no idea of his plans not to ride before his public announcement ?  So much for a more professional balance to the club going forward when you didn't have an idea that your star attraction wasn't coming back. 

Same old, same old

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Reading that Lynn are in discussion with Lambert about his plans for next season. Does this mean they had no idea of his plans not to ride before his public announcement ?  So much for a more professional balance to the club going forward when you didn't have an idea that your star attraction wasn't coming back. 

Same old, same old

Could equally have been they were in negotiation and Lambert wanted more than was offered so thought his announcement would add a bit of pressure.

i have no idea but being a Libran I like to find two sides to everything :P

to to be honest I didn't consider Lambert's announcement to be very professional but it takes all sorts:wink:

My interpretation was that the club and rider had discussed a team place but couldn't agree terms. I can't imagine that they hadn't spoken.Lambert uses social media to let it be known he may not ride in the UK and KL realise they need to up their offer if they want him and decide to get back in touch.

Sorry Star Lady you hadn't posted when I typed my post but great minds and all that.

Edited by Aces51

Hear what you are saying guys but I thought the team was done and dusted with 5 riders being drip fed to the fans during Jan with the final 2 being revealed on the night of the fans forum. With all riders in attendance that night.  Or did I dream that ?

w

Am I the only one to hear the whispers of Doyle riding for the Stars  ???       I heard it today from a second source ,   from  a steward  who is usually in the know...

Interesting. ......      

28 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Am I the only one to hear the whispers of Doyle riding for the Stars  ???       I heard it today from a second source ,   from  a steward  who is usually in the know...

Interesting. ......      

It’s interesting but I really can’t see how the finances add up he’d want a small fortune in wages and rightly so being the World Champion. Sorry can’t see it happening 

8 minutes ago, Haza said:

It’s interesting but I really can’t see how the finances add up he’d want a small fortune in wages and rightly so being the World Champion. Sorry can’t see it happening 

If they sign Dolye and the new reserve on a 4,and are taking to Lambo again,is that reseve a gamble on a 4 ??.The mind boggles

6 hours ago, semion said:

Same old, same old

I'm pretty sure that they said the club would hold FURTHER talks with Lambert on Radio Norfolk this afternoon.

On 18/12/2017 at 7:10 AM, g13webb said:

Thanks for the update of Roberts location.   Its puts a different  angle on it,  but  had he wanted to ride this wouldn't have stopped him. 

I have no problem with the tickets being sent out that late,  but expected some form of confirmation before then.    I have ordered 2 tickets for people who will have to travel down and have day off work.   Have they to wait  until the tickets arrive before booking that day off work??   Having ordered them early,  I feel a confirmation Email would have been so easily arranged.

I too believe THJ will be more than capable of attaining a decent average.  They say form is temporary, where ability is forever. and few can doubt his ability.   Most of his bad scores could be attributed to poor machinery, and using borrowed equipment , but I sure with a settled team, and decent bike he will more than hold his own.....       Apparently he is a wonderful rider to have in the pits and always wanting to help and encourage others....      Something a close team desperately needs........

The confirmations/tickets will be sent out from today, hopefully your friends will consequently have time to book their evening off for January? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm pretty sure that they said the club would hold FURTHER talks with Lambert on Radio Norfolk this afternoon.

Yes I heard exactly the same Bagpuss.

5 hours ago, Trees said:

The confirmations/tickets will be sent out from today, hopefully your friends will consequently have time to book their evening off for January? 

Arrived this morning....

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'll have to remember to listen in ........      :wink:

• Like 1

Not many people on here have mentioned Lewis Rose for a team place. I have been told he is in next seasons team as well Iversen. 

44 minutes ago, mrss said:

Not many people on here have mentioned Lewis Rose for a team place. I have been told he is in next seasons team as well Iversen. 

Think his exclusion by many is down to his closeness with Holder and the constant backing he gave him.

Also the same reason some are saying Lambert is to be left out

18 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Looks as if the My Way or the Highway scenario still rules at KLS then.

It’s vital for any new additions to the team is to not question the promotion and to be a total yes man or the exit door is shown .