British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

22 minutes ago, g13webb said:

As per usual you appear desperate to pick faults with anything I posts.    The comments were made to illustrate the dire situation our sport is in and the pressures placed on the shoulders of the promoters.    The comparisons between Buster and the majority of the other promoters, were to highlight different scenarios  that each exist.     Probably Buster doesn't own the merchandise but the point being made, is he would take a draw from it.  as he would with everything else that is sold on the night.  This is something most promoters wouldn't get.   

Whether Buster runs the Stockcar or not is irrelevant.   The point that was  that the StockCar provides another form of income, so if the speedway did go disastrously wrong,  all wouldn't be lost.   

Having spoken with you a number of times face to face,  I thought you came across as a decent chap.   but then again,  probably I was  wrong on that as well .  

just stating the situation with other income.

too many people these days seem to have digs about the management at Kings Lynn or lack of communication, but if there's no news what's the point of putting out a press release to say there's no news?

i'm one to say it as i see it, and sometimes people go well over the top demanding what's not there

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Speedball said:

It's a moot point discussing Doyle because as I understand it, he's not coming.

i also noticed a rider seemed happy on twitter yesterday and the most recent people he's followed are Dale and two (potential) new team mates. Seem to point he's in the mix for a team spot. Wont spoil the fun by naming him :D

Ty Proctor? What average would he be on?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

I sincerely hope not, but if so, it gives us a glimpse of the 2018 aspirations of the KLS promotion.

23 hours ago, g13webb said:

I just hope the punters don't expect too much and find it within themselves to support this diluted existence.....  

I ould support a Championship level team if the prices were lowered to reflect that  change.

24 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I ould support a Championship level team if the prices were lowered to reflect that  change.

They would only have to be lowered by a pound to be in line with most championship clubs 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

We ran a championship team in second half of last season but they didnt reduce admission prices 

9 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

Top detective work sir :D

Possibly 2+2=5 or maybe not. Just seems a bit random for him to suddenly follow 3 Lynn related accounts in one go.

Think the conversion rate is 1.3 so that would make him 5.50. 

Means we should always have a strong reserve (either Kerr, Rose or Proctor) to partner Andersen.

• Like 1

Looking poor if you ask me, even with the inclusion of NKI

2. Lewis Kerr 5.06

3. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Ty Proctor 5.50

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

7. Kasper Andersen 4.00

Ave: 24.68

Remaining: 17.82

11 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

Depends if they use his established top flight average which given that the likes of Woryna still can hold on old average that might force Proctor out of any top flight team.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

2. Lewis Kerr 5.06

3. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Ty Proctor 5.50

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

7. Kasper Andersen 4.00

Maybe not so bad IF NKI and R. Lambert were the other two.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

2. Lewis Kerr 5.06

3. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Ty Proctor 5.50

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

7. Kasper Andersen 4.00

A very ordinary Championship side if Iversen isn’t included- but that’s were we are at the Premiership isn’t much stronger than the Championship- at this stage of the winter I’m normally getting excited towards the new season so far I’m not even looking forward to the new season even the clubs that’s signed riders there is nothing new nothing to get excited about sadly as for Lynn they might as well get on announcing the team as it will be more or less common knowledge by the supporters get together in January. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

2. Lewis Kerr 5.06

3. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Ty Proctor 5.50

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

7. Kasper Andersen 4.00

Don't think Manzarez is in the 1-7 though I've heard he's keen. Replace him with Lewis Rose. Lewis Kerr at reserve.

Adding Iversen & Lambert is a must. I'm sure Niels will be back, all the signs point that way. Guess depends on what happens with talks with Robert. 

4 hours ago, Speedball said:

Top detective work sir :D

Possibly 2+2=5 or maybe not. Just seems a bit random for him to suddenly follow 3 Lynn related accounts in one go.

Think the conversion rate is 1.3 so that would make him 5.50. 

Means we should always have a strong reserve (either Kerr, Rose or Proctor) to partner Andersen.

Would rather MPT on a 5.57 myself.We shall see.

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Would rather MPT on a 5.57 myself. We shall see.

This. MPT did enough last year to warrant consideration for 2018 IMO and Proctor is an uninspiring name unfortunately, even considering how well he used to ride Lynn back in the day.

That said Iversen at one, Kerr at reserve and a brand new Dane are positive propositions so it's far from being all doom and gloom.

There's a few mentions about Harris missing out with Rye House and coming to us.

Although not a favorite of mine, he would certainly fit the mentality that Buster requires from the riders in terms of commitment.

He and Iversen would be a perfect No1 & 5