British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

Polish Transfers 2018

Compare this to whats happening over here next year , nobody knows how many teams or what league or what make up of teams or even if there will be speedway in Britain next year or what the hell is going on , makes you really excited about british speedway doesnt it

Polish Speedway is run a million times better. They look to the future. Such as the new U23 rule for there Number 8 rider.

They also have to have covers and special drainage for there tracks by 2020. Apart from Torun(roof) and Wroclaw(already have it)

Just much better thinking going forward than the UK will ever have. It's all down to money though and they have lots and we have little.

Fair enough. I think he is still a good rider. Teams struggle to have good polish riders. Just look at Torun! He will make them stronger. Why is was a big suprise to me to see Woryna stay at Rybnik even though most Extraliga teams offered him a place.

I think Woryna is a little different.Think tradition plays a part in his thinking and he follows his grandfather,that is why i think signing for Poole is very important to him and the Rybnik club also

I think Woryna is a little different.Think tradition plays a part in his thinking and he follows his grandfather,that is why i think signing for Poole is very important to him and the Rybnik club also

Very true. But the amount of money he was getting offered. But he will be loved in Rybnik for ever if he stays. But he always wanted to sign for Poole and he knew Cov was a stepping stone to Poole.

Polish Speedway is run a million times better. They look to the future. Such as the new U23 rule for there Number 8 rider.

this is the worst rule ever and a massive step back for Polish Speedway

1. Limits the number of riders available in lower leagues

2. Limits the number of heats for u-21

3. U-23 rule means that the club will overpay some average riders that fit the rule (think Polis, Drozdz... normally they'd end up in Nice 1 liga, but now? not so sure)

4. Higher costs

5. Ekstraliga v 1 liga play-off: 8 v 7??

6. They keep changing the rules every year, it's hard to keep track and to attract new fans

this is the worst rule ever and a massive step back for Polish Speedway

1. Limits the number of riders available in lower leagues

2. Limits the number of heats for u-21

3. U-23 rule means that the club will overpay some average riders that fit the rule (think Polis, Drozdz... normally they'd end up in Nice 1 liga, but now? not so sure)

4. Higher costs

5. Ekstraliga v 1 liga play-off: 8 v 7??

6. They keep changing the rules every year, it's hard to keep track and to attract new fans

Not really means they can sign young riders like Kurtz, Holder, Fricke. There is 3 teams done right away.

This is a massive step up for polish speedway. Its a cheaper future now and a sensible idea. Polish speedway had higher attendances than ever before this year. This will make the league cheaper and hence can invest in new stadiums and such.

yeah foreign riders replacing young Poles, what a massive step up for Polish Speedway!

and how's that cheaper again?

yeah foreign riders replacing young Poles, what a massive step up for Polish Speedway!

and how's that cheaper again?

Kurtz is cheaper than having people like Jepsen Jensen at 8.

They have plenty of opportunities in the lower leagues and some step up too soon..

what are you talking about?! there were no number 8/16 for the last 10 years, so how on earth introducing it is making anything cheaper?

what are you talking about?! there were no number 8/16 for the last 10 years, so how on earth introducing it is making anything cheaper?

Clubs have had extra riders. I still think its a good idea for the future of this league. Will make it easier for riders to step up into the extraliga and make it cheaper in the long term.

You may not like it but I think its a good idea for the future of the league.

Back to the transfers. Where is Chris Holder going to end up?

totally agree the polish system of reserves has made Poland the force it is at under 21 level and over 21 , I believe Britain should adopt the same system and I dont understand how opening it up to foreign riders is going to help polish speedway

totally agree the polish system of reserves has made Poland the force it is at under 21 level and over 21 , I believe Britain should adopt the same system and I dont understand how opening it up to foreign riders is going to help polish speedway

They haven't changed the system. They still have 6 and 7 as u21 year old's and 2 main body riders as Poles. So 3 foreign riders.

All they have done is that they all have a number 8 now. So the first reserve/Squad man. Who has to be u23. Surely they are helping more young riders develop.

They haven't changed the system. They still have 6 and 7 as u21 year old's and 2 main body riders as Poles. So 3 foreign riders.

All they have done is that they all have a number 8 now. So the first reserve/Squad man. Who has to be u23. Surely they are helping more young riders develop.

yes but dont you understand that majority of those u-23 under number 8/16 will be foreign riders - Holder, Kurtz, Fricke, Lambert (not this year, but eventually for sure), Krcmar etc. and quite often they'll be the one replacing underperforming riders under 1-5/9-13 while before it was the young Poles from 6-7/14-15 replacing them?

so we definitely changed the system and it's not a good change, cause i don't care about developing another Jason Crump, we should be focusing on developing another Tomasz Gollob, and we've been doing it well until now - Zmarzlik, Pawlicki, Dudek, Janowski...

yes but dont you understand that majority of those u-23 under number 8/16 will be foreign riders - Holder, Kurtz, Fricke, Lambert (not this year, but eventually for sure), Krcmar etc. and quite often they'll be the one replacing underperforming riders under 1-5/9-13 while before it was the young Poles from 6-7/14-15 replacing them?

so we definitely changed the system and it's not a good change, cause i don't care about developing another Jason Crump, we should be focusing on developing another Tomasz Gollob, and we've been doing it well until now - Zmarzlik, Pawlicki, Dudek, Janowski...

Thats fair enough. But eventually you will kill speedway. Who would want a British GP if there was only 3 riders who werent poles. Just eventually kill of the sport. So I dont think thats a good idea. Your league is 10 times better than anyone elses!

They also have to have covers and special drainage for there tracks by 2020. Apart from Torun(roof) and Wroclaw(already have it)

Just much better thinking going forward than the UK will ever have. It's all down to money though and they have lots and we have little.

So much easier when you have local authorities willing to help / fund you.

Polish clubs have their own dedicated stadiums, or at least access to them every day. Compare that to British clubs, who have a constant battle with NIMBYs and authorities.

How many authorities over here would be willing to let you have land to build a dedicated speedway track? How many restrictions would be imposed to appease the neighbours? Good luck in trying to access any funds / grants to help you.

Totally different attitude toward the sport in the two two countries.

• Like 1