British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Rye House Vs Poole 28/8/17 7.30pm.

To be fair, the Kennett factor does scare the hell out of me in this one. We beat you by 7+ and I think 4th is ours to lose. A Kennett 15 (maybe even 21) point max would make this very difficult

Don't understand the negativity on here. Personally I think we are going to win this 47-43.

B. Kurtz has hit the ground running since returning from injury.

J. Holder has picked up in the last few meetings since Matt fired a warning shot.

E. Kennett knows the place inside out

H. Andersen is always consistent.

T. Lahti will chip in with 5 or 6 points

Leaves the reserve battle. Robson and Morley vs. Starke and Shanes. 50/50 if you ask me.

Agree- It will be very close. Kennet will have a big point to prove, other 5 will all score points. Shanes always struggles at Rye tho.

Agree- It will be very close. Kennet will have a big point to prove, other 5 will all score points. Shanes always struggles at Rye tho.

He does but he should only get 3 rides and we can get 2 of them out of the way in the first 4 heats.

I don't think it will come down to the big 3 on each side.

Meeting will come down to the Barker/Starke and Robson/Lahti duels imo.

Even better. then Lahti possibly 7 rides is the difference for me.

Has he ever ridden at Rye House?

He does but he should only get 3 rides and we can get 2 of them out of the way in the first 4 heats.

I don't think it will come down to the big 3 on each side.

Meeting will come down to the Barker/Starke and Robson/Lahti duels imo.

Barker is a enigma sometimes brilliant sometimes awful.

I can't see us getting anything out of this meeting.

For us to get 4th we need Somerset to win tonight, us beat BV on Monday and then win at Kings Lynn. And that might not be enough.

Bigger issue is will the Poole riders and fans make it to Rye House on time? We are talking good weather weekend, meaning hundreds of thousands of weekenders down to Dorset this weekend. And when will most return home? From mid day on Monday. Through the New Forest, M27, M3, M25. The exact same way ad Poole need to travel on Monday. Gridlock.

Me and Rob coming up for this and leaving directly after the Poole v BV meeting so should be in front of the riders. If traffic is as expected its going to be tight.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Stop being a prat for a minute. Rye had no KK who is now scoring maximums. No Doyle but Kennett covered well. Rye had Preist guesting at reserve. Now they have Robson. Swindon no longee have Ellis at reserve. Wilson Dean is not as potent.

You really need to see what is happening now rather than look back on previous results. You have been picked up on this before but it seems you just don't learn.

If Swindon pick Rye House in the semis it would be a huge unneeded and unnecessary gamble on Rosco's part.

Again you fail to look at facts.

The Rye team had Priest who scored 2 and now they have KK who will obviously get more than the 2 Priest got. Thats the only change, obviously KK is in the team and Robbo at reserve.

Kennett scored 8 from 5 i would expect Doyle to score more.

The match was 20 days ago.................KK for Priest and Doyle for Kennett.......simple equation................not enough in my mind to turn round 16 points and get big enough win. Rye would need to win by over 10 at home to have a chance at Swindon, thats a 26 point swing.........cant see it myself so no reason why Swindon should worry about Rye

• Like 2

I can't see us getting anything out of this meeting.

For us to get 4th we need Somerset to win tonight, us beat BV on Monday and then win at Kings Lynn. And that might not be enough.

Bigger issue is will the Poole riders and fans make it to Rye House on time? We are talking good weather weekend, meaning hundreds of thousands of weekenders down to Dorset this weekend. And when will most return home? From mid day on Monday. Through the New Forest, M27, M3, M25. The exact same way ad Poole need to travel on Monday. Gridlock.

Me and Rob coming up for this and leaving directly after the Poole v BV meeting so should be in front of the riders. If traffic is as expected its going to be tight.

KL will be an easy win. They are non existent now. BV will be another win for us due to BV's reserves.

If we beat Rye then I think we will get 4th and I do think we will do both. Lahti will be filling his boots at reserve.

Again you fail to look at facts.

The Rye team had Priest who scored 2 and now they have KK who will obviously get more than the 2 Priest got. Thats the only change, obviously KK is in the team and Robbo at reserve.

Kennett scored 8 from 5 i would expect Doyle to score more.

The match was 20 days ago.................KK for Priest and Doyle for Kennett.......simple equation................not enough in my mind to turn round 16 points and get big enough win. Rye would need to win by over 10 at home to have a chance at Swindon, thats a 26 point swing.........cant see it myself so no reason why Swindon should worry about Rye

You never stop do you.

Swindon will choose BV or Poole. Swindon would beat BV or Poole over 2 legs as well. Wolves will meet Swindon in the final and Wolves will win the title simples.

KL will be an easy win. They are non existent now. BV will be another win for us due to BV's reserves.

Dan Bewley?

Dan Bewley?

Lahti will have Bewley on toast. J. Smith will not score a point.

Lahti is our trump card for the next few meetings and I don't think he will disappoint us.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Dan Bewley?

Is he riding? He's not riding for Glasgow at the weekend unless it's cos of a fixture clash?

For me Chris Harris has to score well and Barker too otherwise too much for the rest to carry.

BV and Swindon by far the quickest teams to come to Rye this season and I think that will be the problem getting past one of them.

Is he riding? He's not riding for Glasgow at the weekend unless it's cos of a fixture clash?

Isn't he riding abroad this weekend?