British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yampy

Winners & Play Offs

Looking at the remaining fixtures I suspect the final top 4 will consist of Swindon, Belle Vue, Wolves and Rye House, probably in that order... Not rocket science I know - the top three are there already and a resurgent Rye House look to have the edge over Poole.

Swindon should win their remaining home fixtures v Somerset (twice), Leicester and Wolves giving them 12 points and will probably pick up at least a point at Wolves and Rye House meaning that a 68 point tally should be enough.

Belle Vue again, you would expect to beat Leicester and Kings Lynn at home, probably Rye House as well giving them 9 points and then probably get 3 or 4 points from Poole (3) and Wolves (0/1) leaving them to finish on 64 or 65.

Wolves should comfortably see off Kings Lynn at home and probably get the better of Swindon and Belle Vue (allowing them both a point), struggle to get anything from Swindon away and hopefully get 3 or 4 points from Leicester given a total of 12/13 points to finish third.

Although Rye House have to face Swindon and Belle Vue, these are effectively the 2 games in hand they have over Poole and Poole themselves have to face Belle Vue.

Will be very interesting to see who Swindon choose to face given that Wolves are probably poorest away but have the best home record..... Now Wolves have Riss back and Masters to come back, I suspect it will be Swindon Wolves in the final, although I have a funny feeling that Rye House will spoil the party somewhere along the line.

• Like 1

Looking at the remaining fixtures I suspect the final top 4 will consist of Swindon, Belle Vue, Wolves and Rye House, probably in that order... Not rocket science I know - the top three are there already and a resurgent Rye House look to have the edge over Poole.

Swindon should win their remaining home fixtures v Somerset (twice), Leicester and Wolves giving them 12 points and will probably pick up at least a point at Wolves and Rye House meaning that a 68 point tally should be enough.

Belle Vue again, you would expect to beat Leicester and Kings Lynn at home, probably Rye House as well giving them 9 points and then probably get 3 or 4 points from Poole (3) and Wolves (0/1) leaving them to finish on 64 or 65.

Wolves should comfortably see off Kings Lynn at home and probably get the better of Swindon and Belle Vue (allowing them both a point), struggle to get anything from Swindon away and hopefully get 3 or 4 points from Leicester given a total of 12/13 points to finish third.

Although Rye House have to face Swindon and Belle Vue, these are effectively the 2 games in hand they have over Poole and Poole themselves have to face Belle Vue.

Will be very interesting to see who Swindon choose to face given that Wolves are probably poorest away but have the best home record..... Now Wolves have Riss back and Masters to come back, I suspect it will be Swindon Wolves in the final, although I have a funny feeling that Rye House will spoil the party somewhere along the line.

Even as a Poole fan I think it would be better for the play offs if Poole didn't qualify, they have no chance of winning and Rye House could cause any team problems especially with Nicholls and Harris rolling back the years.

Very good summary of how I see it too.

The interesting factor though is Swindon meet Wolves home and away late in the season so Swindon, being the likely top team, Will have a fairly good idea of how a 2 leg tie against us will go. If they beat us convincingly at home then keep it tight at Monmore they may fancy their chances against us

Very good summary of how I see it too.

The interesting factor though is Swindon meet Wolves home and away late in the season so Swindon, being the likely top team, Will have a fairly good idea of how a 2 leg tie against us will go. If they beat us convincingly at home then keep it tight at Monmore they may fancy their chances against us

it can all change in the play offs

Swindon v Rye House / Poole

Belle Vue v Wolverhampton

Rye House v Wolverhampton final

Swindon have been fortunate to have played the weekend teams at the right time and picked up easy points like the win at Leicester and others and think a fully fit Belle Vue, Wolves and a new formed Rye House will see them off and think Wolves will just edge out Belle Vue due to home and away form on each other's tracks.

Want to say Wolves to win but Rye House have a team that could cause trouble at Monmore Green and are looking strong in the finish so going to say it will be all down to heat thirty.

If Masters is fit to return then i fancy Wolves over 2 legs against anyone. Wolves are far too strong at home.

BV dont win heavy enough at home for my liking.

Swindon are facing patched up teams week in week out so they should be winning every meeting. Personally I am not jumping on the bandwagon because I don't think they are as good as people say they are.

I think Poole will get 4th instead of Rye but tbh we don't stand a chance against any of the teams over 2 legs.

Swindon do meet Wolves home and away before the play offs. However, as someone has already stated, things change. It was this day in 2009 that Swindon narrowly lost 47-43 at Monmore. Some Robins fans saw this as a result that could be replicated or even improved upon two months later. Yet, a comparison between the two fixtures reveals the very slim margins and differences that can bring about quite different outcomes. In the 47-43 meeting Wolves had 11 heat winners, Lindgren and Woffinden actually both scored full maximums (15 and 12.) Swindon kept it close by filling second and thirds, Wolves ran 7 last places. In the play off final, Wolves went one better and had 12 heat winners, however this time they only ran four lasts. The scores of Klindt and Skornicki improved and the team scored seven more points than in August. This meant a 16 point lead, not a four point win. Little changes bring very different outcomes.

The fixture coming up at Swindon will bear no relation to any possible play off fixture as according to other fixtures Wolves will be without Schlein, Howarth and Greaves, as well presumably, as Masters. If this is the case, I would suggest the meeting will be in the category of fixture fulfilment.

In any case, there are other teams involved that could quite easily have a big say and. provide this season's eventual winners. I wish all teams well for the conclusion to 2017.

After last night' s events at King's Lynn, I do hope that whichever teams contest the final, both have seven riders for the duration of both meetings.

Edited by 847084

So nobody fancies the Aces ?... Ok

I do. If Wolves face Belle Vue, I think the Aces will shade it. Our 2 matches at the NSS have been nothing to write home about.

• Like 1

I think we (Swindon) will beat Poole or Rye twice in the semis but lose to Wolves in the final.

Edited by thecoombdog

Belle Vue won't win a two leg cup tie due to their home track.

Wolves will win for the very same reason.

A resurgent Leicester team have beaten Belle Vue and face could well be a difficult obstacle for Wolves....

If Swindon dont have injuries they will win. I think they will face Wolves in the final. Belle Vue would be stronger with Fricke back but even with him i dont see them winning. Nothing to do with home track advantage or lack of it there riders just arnt good enough

Edited by foreverblue

I think we (Swindon) will beat Poole or Rye twice in the semis but lose to Wolves in the final.

So you dont think BV will make the top 4 but Poole will. Strange.