British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yampy

Winners & Play Offs

Wolves have had a lot of away losses this season yes but I think we've lost by 1 point 3 times and picked up a consolation point more times than not. If we can keep the away leg deficit down to 6 points or less come the playoffs then I'd usually be confident of bettering that at Monmore.

Swindon will be the favourites with Rye House as the dark horses, especially if KK can be bothered (which it looks like he is now he's not in a Poole uniform)

Wolves have had a lot of away losses this season yes but I think we've lost by 1 point 3 times and picked up a consolation point more times than not. If we can keep the away leg deficit down to 6 points or less come the playoffs then I'd usually be confident of bettering that at Monmore.

Swindon will be the favourites with Rye House as the dark horses, especially if KK can be bothered (which it looks like he is now he's not in a Poole uniform)

And Rye, if they beat Poole to 4th, being dark horses could be the reason, if Swindon end up at the top may pick BV in the semis.

And Rye, if they beat Poole to 4th, being dark horses could be the reason, if Swindon end up at the top may pick BV in the semis.

I still think Swindon will pick whoever finishes 4th which should be Rye but who knows what Rosco is thinking.

Either way, I can see all playoff legs and ties as a whole being very competitive, unlike the BV/Lakeside farce last season.

Edited by Perton Wolf

I had hoped Lynn would play an important part in the play-off, But the only part they will play is who will get that 4th place. Both RH and Poole have both to play Lynn H&A and these results will have a massive bearing of who gets that last place. My gut feeling says it will be RH who seem to be more of a units than Poole and will be harder to beat. It wouldn't surprise me if they both beat Lynn twice in both matches.

If RH do get through, then Swindon will pick BV, leaving Wolves to battle against RH. Swindon wont relish going to RH

We could have a few surprises left this season YET!!

I had hoped Lynn would play an important part in the play-off, But the only part they will play is who will get that 4th place. Both RH and Poole have both to play Lynn H&A and these results will have a massive bearing of who gets that last place. My gut feeling says it will be RH who seem to be more of a units than Poole and will be harder to beat. It wouldn't surprise me if they both beat Lynn twice in both matches.

If RH do get through, then Swindon will pick BV, leaving Wolves to battle against RH. Swindon wont relish going to RH

We could have a few surprises left this season YET!!

Do you mean that none of the PO teams will fancy a visit to RH?

I am not sure that it would just be Swindon who would give Rye a wide berth if they had the choice?

So it looks as if the Premiership play-offs are as follows

Monday 11th September semi final 1 1st leg

Monday 18th September semi final 2 1st leg

Monday 25 th September both semi 2nd legs

Monday and Wednesday 2nd and 4th October grand final

So it looks as if the Premiership play-offs are as follows

Monday 11th September semi final 1 1st leg

Monday 18th September semi final 2 1st leg

Monday 25 th September both semi 2nd legs

Monday and Wednesday 2nd and 4th October grand final

I wonder if Swindon would try moving the dog racing if they get to the final as they race on Wednesday evenings...

Failing that they would have to ride at home first..

I wonder if Swindon would try moving the dog racing if they get to the final as they race on Wednesday evenings...

Failing that they would have to ride at home first..

If we get through to the final why should we have to ride at home first, change the schedule.

• Like 1

If we get through to the final why should we have to ride at home first, change the schedule.

Not sure they can if it's been agreed with BT.

And what about the relegation & promotion play off?

Not sure they can if it's been agreed with BT.

If it's a bags meeting ( which it is) they may be under some sort of contract with the bookmakers...

Hopefully a compromise would be reached..

And what about the relegation & promotion play off?

No idea when the Championship cut off is, but would guess that the relegation/promotion matches will be the week after the Prem play off finals.

No idea when the Championship cut off is, but would guess that the relegation/promotion matches will be the week after the Prem play off finals.

On bspa listings as 9th and 11th Oct

• Like 1

Rye now 1 point behind Poole with a home match in hand & their last two home matches are Swindon & Leicester.

Will Swindon have a say in who finishes fourth?

Assuming Rye get 4th.

Swindon will choose BV and I think Swindon will win both legs.

Wolves will beat Rye House heavy enough at home to go through on aggregate.

Wolves will dominate Swindon at home and they will lose at Swindon but will win the title on aggregate.