British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yampy

Winners & Play Offs

Assuming Rye get 4th.

Swindon will choose BV and I think Swindon will win both legs.

Wolves will beat Rye House heavy enough at home to go through on aggregate.

Wolves will dominate Swindon at home and they will lose at Swindon but will win the title on aggregate.

I like that storyline. We'll see, lots of twists and turns to come yet.

I like that storyline. We'll see, lots of twists and turns to come yet.

I don't - too much like 2009 :sad:

• Like 1

Injuries, the KK factor (?), home advantage or otherwise, down right bloody minded effort. There is a way to go just yet.

And thank heavens it is so.

Come into the playoffs 20 points behind and win the lot. Sound familiar?

Clue Poole won't like it and I'm a Bees fan (present tense).

Rye House are clearly the form team for the 4th place at the moment.

I have to say I think a Rye House v Wolves semi-final or final will be an absolute cracker over two legs!!

ps. anyone know how Morris is after the big crash in Sweden last night?

Well that's one cat out of the bag, Swindon won't be picking Wolves in the semis. Straight from Jason Doyle:

''“We need to get the best pick possible, we don’t really want to have to go to Wolves and try to race them in the semis.''

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/sport/15504433.Doyle_striving_to_secure_Swindon_top_seed_finish/

You have to beat the best teams to win the title so I don't think it matters who they pick..

True, Wolves have the best home record, but Swindon best away. If The Knobs get in would choose them, the Mancs second choice.

You have to beat the best teams to win the title so I don't think it matters who they pick..

True, but if you get knocked out in the semi the club misses a big payday for the final, so it is best to pick the easiest team in the semi. The question then is do Swindon pick Poole/Rhy or BV in the semi ?

True, but if you get knocked out in the semi the club misses a big payday for the final, so it is best to pick the easiest team in the semi. The question then is do Swindon pick Poole/Rhy or BV in the semi ?

Quite. Surely the easiest team is Poole at the moment ? That would leave Wolves with Belle Vue and I don't think we would make the final.

I wonder if Swindon would try moving the dog racing if they get to the final as they race on Wednesday evenings...

Failing that they would have to ride at home first..

No chance will the dogs move..

I wonder if Swindon would try moving the dog racing if they get to the final as they race on Wednesday evenings...

Failing that they would have to ride at home first..

No chance will that happen.

No chance will the dogs move..

No chance will that happen.

I think I would have to agree with you there starman.

I think Swindon will have to ride at home first if they reach the final...

Swindon will choose Poole (strong favourites for 4th) in the semi's, no doubt in my mind.

• Like 2

It almost sounds as though Swindon are getting a bit jittery despite their terrific winning run and topping the league??!! lol

Me? I'll just be very pleased if Poole hang on to 4th even if Lahti does revert to the 1-5 from Monday!

Edited by Skidder1

It almost sounds as though Swindon are getting a bit jittery despite their terrific winning run and topping the league??!! lol

Me? I'll just be very pleased if Poole hang on to 4th even if Lahti does revert to the 1-5 from Monday!

It almost sounds like another fishing expedition!