British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Bandits V Comets 26-08-17 @7pm

Very poor performance, I was rather hoping for a point from this but to lose by 19 so, not even close is very disappointing?

Losing Campton wont have helped much but there appears to have been too many lukewarm returns from too many that were left to cause Berwick too many issues, big payday for them, at our expense? :cry:

Certainly not promoting ourselves at all and with the season for us barely into its second half it's going to be a long run in for a team running on vapour as far as confidence goes, this is not good?

Cant say for certain we're on the countdown to oblivion but we certainly do give off that impression at this moment in time?? :(

Being honest, that was the poorest meeting of the season racing wise at Berwick. The track was way too slick. First time this season I have walked away thinking the racing was quite poor. It reminded me a lot of some of the meetings last season. That said you can only beat what is in front of you and Workington didn't come close to what I thought they would, Cook apart. Ty Proctor and Jorgo both had one heat win, both against an out of sorts looking David Howe, who had one of his poorer meetings at Berwick this season i thought, which just goes to show how good he has been since signing. Maybe the slickness didn't suit him so much?

Big pay days for Berwick riders tonight, really pleased to see Dany get such a big score, only beaten once, by Craig Cook. Certainly didn't see that coming. Jye and Captain Kev looked a good partnership as well.

Three wins in a row. Chuffed for the promotion that things are starting to come together. It would be good to end the season with a run of victories.

I think Ian Rae is on holiday, might that be reason for different track conditions? But we enjoyed what must be our biggest victory of the season with Heat 1 giving us a real boost. About time things went well, the club deserves it.

Cook was superb to watch and still rides Heat 15's when the team are battered - respect to him.

Other than 1 decent race each from Jorgenson and Proctor / Williamson there was nothing. It was fortunate that Proctor and Williamson had a decent heat to deliver a 1-8 ... imagine the score without that lol

The riding order of this team IMO is just wrong and has been for months. It should be Cook, Williamson, Campton, Jorgenson, Proctor, 6, 7. Proctor is hiding at 3 and Williamson HAS to be at 2.

If Comets run next year Cookie should leave (bigger things for him) I'd keep Matty and let the rest go ... IMO this is the poorest Comets team I've seen in years.

Name: Tonight:Next Season

Cook: Excellent: He should leave

Campton: Unlucky: Not for me ... I still don't see a rider capable of much more than he is / has been

Proctor: Inconsistent (had an E/F at the tapes in one heat / packed up when last in another):No - not convinced and he is way too inconsistent

Williamson: He's a trier: Yep he is on the up

Jorgenson: Poor: No

Sergeant: Very Poor: Never

Who is our Number 7 lol

Cook was superb to watch and still rides Heat 15's when the team are battered - respect to him.

Other than 1 decent race each from Jorgenson and Proctor / Williamson there was nothing. It was fortunate that Proctor and Williamson had a decent heat to deliver a 1-8 ... imagine the score without that lol

The riding order of this team IMO is just wrong and has been for months. It should be Cook, Williamson, Campton, Jorgenson, Proctor, 6, 7. Proctor is hiding at 3 and Williamson HAS to be at 2.

If Comets run next year Cookie should leave (bigger things for him) I'd keep Matty and let the rest go ... IMO this is the poorest Comets team I've seen in years.

Campton: Unlucky: Not for me ... I still don't see a rider capable of much more than he is / has been

Proctor: Inconsistent (had an E/F at the tapes in one heat / packed up when last in another):No - not convinced and he is way too inconsistent

Who is our Number 7 lol

proctor has incressed his average even though he has a few e/f's and is a little inconsistant id have him back

matt hasnt looked anywhere near what he can do for the last 2 months or so not sure whats gone wrong with him

cook probably is too good for a 2nd level league but the 1st level is a piss poor watered down league that isnt as competative as the 2nd

with him almost certain to be a gp rider next year id think hell be looking to drop the best league in british speedway

sergant well i wouldnt have signed him in the first place and id never have him back even as a guest when you compare him to the likes of tero arnio who will have been a similar average at the time it should have been a no brainer

james sergant is a embarasment

as for the senario with the no7 well where do you start

campton is the real mystery on full form he can beat anyone as a whole package well i suppose id have to say hes probably too much of a gamble and even when out front comftorbal he can suddenly just move over on a different line and let riders pass who wernt even that close

and his ht8 1st bend falls when he misses the gate well its almost as comon as james start jumping

Agree with Topsoil. While it was nice to see the Bandits fans go away happy, for the neutral that was a poor meeting. I can recall only one pass, in heat 12.

• Like 1

While it great to see Berwick winning again at home this wasn't the best of meetings mainly due to the slick conditions which make overtaking virtually impossible and also the delays before many races with tape touching, unsatisfactory starts and riders taking two rides on the bounce. Typical that just as our season is coming to an end that Berwick find a bit of form and are winning, still it might be something to build on for next season, very decent performances from Gappmaier and Etheridge.

Bought outright for £500 I was told

Good bit of business if true, though you would've thought that Berwick would make some kind of an announcement.

• Like 2

While it great to see Berwick winning again at home this wasn't the best of meetings mainly due to the slick conditions which make overtaking virtually impossible and also the delays before many races with tape touching, unsatisfactory starts and riders taking two rides on the bounce. Typical that just as our season is coming to an end that Berwick find a bit of form and are winning, still it might be something to build on for next season, very decent performances from Gappmaier and Etheridge.

Good bit of business if true, though you would've thought that Berwick would make some kind of an announcement.

This weeks article in the Speedway Star only says that both parties would be happy for him to return next year but it depends on weather we can fit him in

I think Ian Rae is on holiday, might that be reason for different track conditions? But we enjoyed what must be our biggest victory of the season with Heat 1 giving us a real boost. About time things went well, the club deserves it.

If that is correct that Ian is on holiday i really hope he is back next week that was terrible to watch back to processional racing.While a good win was welcome rather watch meetings like the previous two great meeting for Dany hopefully that will give him confidence and Jye would have him back next year.Good to meet Shads hope your getting settled in at least Berwick will have a texter now :D

If that is correct that Ian is on holiday i really hope he is back next week that was terrible to watch back to processional racing.While a good win was welcome rather watch meetings like the previous two great meeting for Dany hopefully that will give him confidence and Jye would have him back next year.Good to meet Shads hope your getting settled in at least Berwick will have a texter now :D

Good to finally meet you. I've no idea how you recognised me!

I'm happy to text updates. Finding updaters is the hard part. Tried my best to fulfil both duties, but it's difficult on an iPhone with cold fingers

• Like 2

Who is our Number 7

If Craig has any preconceptions about being in the GP he has to move from the Comets, Fri/Sat nights for those so we have no chance of keeping him, in name only Premiership racing but he needs a European track to race against the quality riders on a regular basis, wont do much without I'm afraid?

As for the others well, Campton has been much better this year but I get the feeling he's keeping a bit for himself, 6+1 for us at Ipswich then guests for Ipswich and gets 12+1, other way around would have been better? ;)

Proctor is getting better at DP, more a gater than a racer but much improved, his away form still a bit suspect at times but I'd keep him on, (if we run that is)?

Williamson, well the wheels have definitely come off there and for no explicable reason, hard to fathom at the moment but should be scoring better than he is?

Jorgensen has never really came to the party this year, shows glimpses of what he can do but not consistently enough, maybe a lack of regular racing has held him back but certainly not delivering the goods as was expected, bit unlucky I think?

Serjeant is an enigma, even if he gets a good gate his equipment isn't fast enough to maintain his position, points make money, money buys the bits required but not scoring enough to buy the bits? If it came together he would be useful, it just isn't right now and very possibly wont? Shame really!!

No7, farcical, was always going to be contentious putting inexperienced riders in permanent positions, unlikely to score much and simply not capable of earning enough to make it viable, feel sorry for them, too much of an ask, should only move up when they feel ready to make the leap? :t:

Said it myself and agree with everyone else, move the team around, shake it up, we've nothing to lose and after Jacko's crass comment in the T&S about the play offs being beyond us with nearly half a season left to race we've clearly given up so why not take a new direction, you cant read that and still expect a crowd to watch you blunder thru the next few weeks of home matches knowing that we're not really bothered, lets see something different, it might work it might not but who cares, title's gone?? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Great to see another victory for the Bandits who are looking quite strong just now. Whilst the track was a bit slick last night it was the same for both teams.

Morris nice and fast and the Gap got a good few points in. Good to see Jye also moving up well into the team with Kevin also scoring well. David has been a good signing so far and despite not getting all the scores last night he got 2nd and 3rd places and 3 of his 5 also seen Cook in the race. He clearly tries and I would be more than happy to see him as an early signing for next season!.

Hopefully another few points over the next few weeks to end an unlucky season.

Also a good few pounds collected for the Ben fund!

Strange comment, we have had processional racing for 8 years and was it not Ian ( Razor) doing the track for that whole period. The track has generally been better this season, with just a few hic ups on the way.