British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Belle Vue V Leicester Friday 25th August

Day of the match and no thread- no interest ?? presumably no Dan Bewley- in Latvia

Edit from the Belle Vue website

Belle Vue ‘Rentruck’ Aces
Kenneth Bjerre, Max Fricke R/R, Steve Worrall, Rohan Tungate, Craig Cook ©, Tero Aarnio (G), Jack Smith; TM; Mark Lemon

Leicester ‘Watling JCB’ Lions
Kim Nilsson, Erik Riss, Lasse Bjerre, Pawel, Przedpelski R/R, Danny King ©, Josh Bates, Kyle Newman; TM: Jim Lynch

Edited by racers and royals

Leicester should score well at reserve with Dan unavailable but I think our top 4 should be good enough to get us the win.

It might take us a few races to adapt to a dry home track, it seems a while since it hasn't been affected by heavy rain.🏄😂

Edited by Aces51

Leicester have a chance of a point, King goes well at Belle Vue usually and they should win the reserves battle but they probably need to get the tactics right which is unlikely.

It won't just be the reserve races they win, Our reserves will pick up far fewer points than theirs in their other rides. We could be in trouble if any of our top 4 have an off night, they are going to have to score about 42 points between them. I think they will but it's not going to be easy.

It won't just be the reserve races they win, Our reserves will pick up far fewer points than theirs in their other rides. We could be in trouble if any of our top 4 have an off night, they are going to have to score about 42 points between them. I think they will but it's not going to be easy.

Don't worry Jim will help to out!

I agree this could be a very tougth meeting.On paper our reserves should get beat in every race so potentially could only score 1 point between them.One of them has to take a R/R for Fricke so a reserve will be out in 8 races so not much chance of a heat advantage in any of those heats.As you say all our top 4 will have to be on top form for us to win this one.I think we may need 2 big 5 1s in heats 13 and 15 to win this one.

King is the key to this one he can blow hot and cold around the NSS if he has a good one we could be in big trouble.

Why is that when I read the Leicester team sheet I think, "That's not a half bad side" and when the results come through they get beaten, usually quite easily? They are going to pull off a massive shock one of these days if they ride to their true potential.

Think Leicester will win this.

BV will take a beating at reserve and if one of Tungate or Worrall has an off night then the team will fall apart.

BV will take a beating at reserve and if one of Tungate or Worrall has an off night then the team will fall apart.

Yeah but when Jim pulls out one of fantastic tactical changes Belle Vue will win!

Why is that when I read the Leicester team sheet I think, "That's not a half bad side" and when the results come through they get beaten, usually quite easily? They are going to pull off a massive shock one of these days if they ride to their true potential.

Brave words. BV are strong at home and it would take a supreme effort. If Josh Bates has a stormer, Danny gets the bit between his teeth, I still can't see it. But stranger things have happened.

I suppose Leicester is a good each way bet. :wink:

Leicester are far stronger at reserve and apart from the Wolves meeting Tungate really hasnt been banging in the scores as some expected he would before his injury, coming back after a lay off we could be vulnrable here.

It must be a false dawn!

It must be a False dawn!

Sadly, that's where the name came from. But it was in reference to the Bees.

Just a point of interest when Leicester where here earlier in the season the score after heat 12 was B/v 33 L 39.

We had R/R for Bjerre but Fricke scored a 15 point max and Bewley was there and this time Newman replaces Ayres at reserve so this is going to be a close meeting.