British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Lakeside V Mildenhall - Friday 25th August.

It's all very well for the Voice of treason to mouth off from miles away. This is the first time there has been an issue with traffic on a Friday for about 2 years. If you live near Lakeside you know an accident on the bridge can cause problems any night of the week as has happened in the past.

In hindsight though running a meeting on a ba and the meeting should have been run then.

Also it hasn't been mentioned that after he demolished the air fence in a frightening crash, young Dan Kemp needed an ambulance ride which wold have tied up the paramedic for some time as well.

Well that's wrong for a start, only last season a meeting against Poole was massively affected by a problem with the M25 and the promotion openly admitted afterwards the crowd was well below what would normally have been expected for a match against the Pirates, I am sure there were others but that one springs to mind.

I may not have been to any meetings this season but in the last two seasons I was there most weeks, the M25 (Essex side included) has been an issue more than a few times.

Not going to argue about the decision to call a halt to precedings after the crash, that was common sense.

When I arrived at 19.20 there were 5 cars in the car park. I thought there was a chance it might get called off.

Well that's wrong for a start, only last season a meeting against Poole was massively affected by a problem with the M25 and the promotion openly admitted afterwards the crowd was well below what would normally have been expected for a match against the Pirates, I am sure there were others but that one springs to mind.

I may not have been to any meetings this season but in the last two seasons I was there most weeks, the M25 (Essex side included) has been an issue more than a few times.

Not going to argue about the decision to call a halt to precedings after the crash, that was common sense.

There were in total 5 meetings last season where the gate was hugely affected by traffic and a lot of money was lost, according to Jon Cook, speaking at the last fans forum. However they were. All due to the A13 Dartford Tunnel road works which are now finished. Last Fridays problem was due to Bank Holiday Traffic coupled with two accidents. Last Friday's jams were exceptional, and were compounded by two accidents. I have only once seen anything like it, and that was a Saturday about 5 years ago when I was trying to get to a friends house in Kent to see the GP but I got to within a mile or sr of the Tunnel tunnel and had to turn back as it was gridlocked. That is the problem. Unexpected jams can cause problems on the M25 any day if the week but yo be honest I can't remember any serious problems of Friday's this year, apart from last week