mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers V Newcastle Diamonds (sgb Championship) 30/08/2017

PETERBOROUGH PANTHERS

vs.

newcastle.png
NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 30, 2017 @ 7.30pm

SGB CHAMPIONSHIP

be interesting to see what the attendance is like next Wednesday...

PETERBOROUGH PANTHERS

vs.

newcastle.png
NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 30, 2017 @ 7.30pm

SGB CHAMPIONSHIP

be interesting to see what the attendance is like next Wednesday...

Be interesting to see what the teams are like Panthers missing at least two, maybe 4 Newcastle missing at least 3 !!!!

• Like 1

So the following riders will be missing for Newcastle and Peterborough, I apologise if I miss any:
30/08/17 1930 Belle Vue v Rye House (SGBP) - Steve Worrall, Stuart Robson and Chris Harris
30/08/17 1930 Poole v King's Lynn (SGBP) - Robert Lambert, Paul Starke and Jack Holder (I am just guessing on that one, assuming he will be allowed to go and play tiddlywinks by his promotion :o :o )
So we go into this meeting without 3 of our top four riders, seems like a pointless fixture to me!!!
Why arrange a fixture for this date, I don't understand the point, almost as bad as the Swindon Somerset match the other night.
Edited by diamond@heart

So the following riders will be missing for Newcastle and Peterborough, I apologise if I miss any:
30/08/17 1930 Belle Vue v Rye House (SGBP) - Steve Worrall, Stuart Robson and Chris Harris
30/08/17 1930 Poole v King's Lynn (SGBP) - Robert Lambert, Paul Starke and Jack Holder (I am just guessing on that one, assuming he will be allowed to go and play tiddlywinks by his promotion :o :o )
So we go into this meeting without 3 of our top four riders, seems like a pointless fixture to me!!!
Why arrange a fixture for this date, I don't understand the point, almost as bad as the Swindon Somerset match the other night.

The point is that if the EoES says that that Weds is the day we have available to use then if the fixture is to be completed then that's tough unfortunately, it's damage limitation. It's about time people realised after all these years that Peterborough have to make the best of what they are given by the landlords. It's not by choice is it and it never gets any better.

• Like 3

I didn't have Starke in my initial thoughts, but I guess if this is a rearranged fixture after the Poole match was arranged then he will be at Poole. If you add in injury worries for BWD & Lambert, who are expected to have recovered, but relapses happen, then panthers would be down to Ostergaard and bacon - hopefully no Danish fixtures that evening to whisk Ulrich away!

Given Rathbone's attitude towards the league we may have a chance - Shelby Rutherford at 1 for Peterborough? :o

• Like 1

Has Ged finally given up? Just hope for the fans there's another fairy godfather prepared to come along and keep the club afloat for another year, but surely there's only so many people with deep pockets prepared to keep this club going. Meetings like this should never happen in our league, par for the course in the joke that is division one, but not ours.

my word.has speedway really sunk this low.until this stupid doubling up rule ceases and we go to just two leagues and the riders get paid what they thoroughly deserve then the sport has no credibility whatsoever.stupid rules, rules made up as we go along, bad referees, riders fannying about at the start, all adds to the frustration of everyone concerned.at sheffield last night,lasse was doing that much gardening at the start that ,at one point i was thinking of nipping off to b&q and fetching him a fork and rake, it really was ridiculous.out of all my years watching the sport i feel that cheesed off at the moment that i think that this may well be my last season and i say that with a heavy heart because speedway has been a massive part of my life.jesus,i shouldn't have to be saying this with the season sheffield are having so far but i feel so much frustration for fans and promoters up and down the country and yes that does include mr chapman.i think it is wrong when, in a lot of cases, week in week out supporters have to put up with watching guests and the r/r rule.until this sport is grabbed by the b------s and sorted out then there will only be one outcome.

• Like 7

I didn't have Starke in my initial thoughts, but I guess if this is a rearranged fixture after the Poole match was arranged then he will be at Poole. If you add in injury worries for BWD & Lambert, who are expected to have recovered, but relapses happen, then panthers would be down to Ostergaard and bacon - hopefully no Danish fixtures that evening to whisk Ulrich away!

Given Rathbone's attitude towards the league we may have a chance - Shelby Rutherford at 1 for Peterborough? :o

No I think he will select someone from out of the crowd or a member of the track staff!! :shock::shock: Everyone will be given a ticket when they arrive with a number on it, this will be draw out of Ged's pocket and if you number comes out, your at No. 1, any other slots will be filled using the same format!!! :P:P

I was not aware of injuries worries for BWD and Simon Lambert, fingers crossed they are fit to ride.

my word.has speedway really sunk this low.until this stupid doubling up rule ceases and we go to just two leagues and the riders get paid what they thoroughly deserve then the sport has no credibility whatsoever.stupid rules, rules made up as we go along, bad referees, riders fannying about at the start, all adds to the frustration of everyone concerned.at sheffield last night,lasse was doing that much gardening at the start that ,at one point i was thinking of nipping off to b&q and fetching him a fork and rake, it really was ridiculous.out of all my years watching the sport i feel that cheesed off at the moment that i think that this may well be my last season and i say that with a heavy heart because speedway has been a massive part of my life.jesus,i shouldn't have to be saying this with the season sheffield are having so far but i feel so much frustration for fans and promoters up and down the country and yes that does include mr chapman.i think it is wrong when, in a lot of cases, week in week out supporters have to put up with watching guests and the r/r rule.until this sport is grabbed by the b------s and sorted out then there will only be one outcome.

Give Lasse these guys number, they are local and should be able to sort him out!! :rofl::rofl:http://hatherplant.co.uk/

I know what you are saying and it saddens me as well that a few clubs/promotions/riders are dragging this fantastic sport further and further down. :sad:

• Like 1

The point is that if the EoES says that that Weds is the day we have available to use then if the fixture is to be completed then that's tough unfortunately, it's damage limitation. It's about time people realised after all these years that Peterborough have to make the best of what they are given by the landlords. It's not by choice is it and it never gets any better.

Just like at Newcastle and another of other clubs. This is the reason a fixed race night would be the death of a number of clubs (Especially in the championship) who are at the mercy of the stadium landlords. Why can't some people understand that.

• Like 4

I was not aware of injuries worries for BWD and Simon Lambert, fingers crossed they are fit to ride.

I'm only going by the fact they both didn't ride last night, but might well have recovered by Wednesday (some riders do seem to recover quicker when next meeting is at home, or a track they like!!)

then panthers would be down to Ostergaard and bacon - hopefully no Danish fixtures

:rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Just like at Newcastle and another of other clubs. This is the reason a fixed race night would be the death of a number of clubs (Especially in the championship) who are at the mercy of the stadium landlords. Why can't some people understand that.

I think that it's aimed more at the top league to get better quality and more stability. Ironically it's probably what Peterborough needed for a long but now we're in the northern lower league and don't know whether to stick or twist. It will leave plenty of days free for second tier clubs and should help their product.

looks like ged cant wait to get the season over with , shut shop , buzz off to some hot destination like peebles and spend his torin money . never to return .

good on yer marrowbone . .

Edited by jenga