British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers V Newcastle Diamonds (sgb Championship) 30/08/2017

Why in heavens name should Peterborough release Bomber to ride for Rye when they had priority. Seems a weird suggestion anyway as they are being slated for doing the self same thing with Holder.

Same could be said as to why ged took a 30k bung to allow holder to ride in meaningful meetings abroad. Same thing isn't it?????

Reading the posts from people who were there last night it looks like another page has been writing in speedway`s epitaph, one thing is clear though, riders nowadays will not race in wet conditions. IMO the average speedway fan knows when a track is waterlogged and its raining there is little chance of racing, same to when there is heavy during a meeting your average fan will know that an abandonment is coming but the scenes at Peterborough last along with much the same stories around other tracks means many are turning their backs on their clubs. Now, fair enough to Peterborough for knocking £5 off the next meeting but don`t the Peterborough promotion realise that the damage has already been done where some of his customers simply wont return for the next meeting and probably any there after.

• Like 2

Same could be said as to why ged took a 30k bung to allow holder to ride in meaningful meetings abroad. Same thing isn't it?????

30k , where as that figure come from then?

Reading the posts from people who were there last night it looks like another page has been writing in speedway`s epitaph, one thing is clear though, riders nowadays will not race in wet conditions. IMO the average speedway fan knows when a track is waterlogged and its raining there is little chance of racing, same to when there is heavy during a meeting your average fan will know that an abandonment is coming but the scenes at Peterborough last along with much the same stories around other tracks means many are turning their backs on their clubs. Now, fair enough to Peterborough for knocking £5 off the next meeting but don`t the Peterborough promotion realise that the damage has already been done where some of his customers simply wont return for the next meeting and probably any there after.

It certainly wasn't because it was wet. Anything but. It was full of holes. People complain about pot holes in public roads damaging cars. Imagine riding a bike at 60mph with no brakes while turning and you can't see how deep the hole is. It was a bit like that.

Apart from Paul Starke in heat 4 nobody broke 60.0 last night, and generally speaking the guy who won was a good 2-3 seconds ahead of the rest of the pack, except there was no pack, and everyone was well spread out.

Edited by leander

I do not know where you get £30k from, presumably you have more information available than us. Frankly I am struggling to see the point you are making or whose views you are supporting. As far as I am aware Ged is suspended so could have no part in the Harris decision. Peterborough had priority over Harris end of. Are you seriously suggesting that such a fair uncorruptible and august body as BSPA would have been happy with the rules being broken because of a financial inducement

• Like 1

I do not know where you get £30k from, presumably you have more information available than us. Frankly I am struggling to see the point you are making or whose views you are supporting. As far as I am aware Ged is suspended so could have no part in the Harris decision. Peterborough had priority over Harris end of. Are you seriously suggesting that such a fair uncorruptible and august body as BSPA would have been happy with the rules being broken because of a financial inducement

Peterborough had priority over holder did they Not???????? Yet let him swan off to Poland for a bit of money. (Apparently 30k).

What's the difference in letting holder ride elsewhere or Harris ride elsewhere.

Holder missed a meaningful meeting yet last night's meeting was meaningless. So Harris should have been allowed to.ride for rye what ever the rule says.

The first rule in speedway is that there is no rule

30k , where as that figure come from then?

I've seen that branded about a few times from different people over twitter.

In a season that we have managed to rid ourselves of Watt, Batchelor and Holder could we really be fortunate enough to see the back of Schlein as well? We can only hope!

• Like 5

. (Apparently 30

Peterborough had priority over holder did they Not???????? Yet let him swan off to Poland for a bit of money. (Apparently 30k).

What's the difference in letting holder ride elsewhere or Harris ride elsewhere.

Holder missed a meaningful meeting yet last night's meeting was meaningless. So Harris should have been allowed to.ride for rye what ever the rule says.

Well that statement just proves you are just another gossip monger making insinuations on here with no facts to back up . You really shouldn't take notice of anything you here on twitter , it makes you look just as bad as idiots who make these stupid statements.

'

• Like 3

the only way £30,000 will last Peterborough speedway 5 years is if ged chooses not to run next year and he spends 5 years counting it while wearing his panther top !

Well I suppose you know what you are talking about because many others will struggle.!!

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

:blink:.........................................

DIgO6xCXcAEQvEJ.jpg

DIgO6xCXcAEQvEJ.jpg

DIgO6xCXcAEQvEJ.jpg

Gemini has hit the nail on the head SO STRONGLY - I been a keyboard warrior for so long just because I loved the sport, the word 'loved' and wanted change - never gonna happen - my first season proper was 1976 with Olsen at Coventry - I cried when he had his final meeting - saw him at Wembley in '78 - went to Gothenburg in 1980 assuming he would qualify - alas was at White City when he didnt. travelled with Tee Mill Sport coaches from the midlands with "fat rat Dave" as coach Rep manager (the guy that sold scarfs horns etc At Wolverhampton in the early 80's. ). we even heard en-route that Finn Thomson had broken his leg in practice and that Olsen was in! Alas bullrubbish, but at least saw Michael Lee winning and celebrating his win in the city afterwards despite wearing DANMARK Tee shirts. Must be fantastic for the Polish supporters to experience what is ultimatlely an amazing experience like I did 35 plus years on. The polish speedway authorities get so much stick from here in the U.K. However they protecting the integrity of what is still an amazing spectacle overall

Wearing

T

Well that statement just proves you are just another gossip monger making insinuations on here with no facts to back up. You really shouldn't take notice of anything you here on twitter, it makes you look just as bad as idiots who make these stupid statements.

:approve::t:

is that in zloty or GBP ?

ged marrowbone offering £5 off admission to make up for the ht10 abandonment to all peterborrow fans .

as a company policy , peterborough do not offer refunds , so what about the newcastle fans that travelled down . have they lost £5 ?

it would be nice if any newcastle fans who produced their tickes at b rough park would get in for £5 less . any shortfall could/should be then billed toged marrowbone and he can refund newcastle back out of the torin bung .. .

SEEMS FAIR TO ME . eh !

• Like 1

markyb............Gemini has hit the nail on the head SO STRONGLY.

Afraid I can't take credit for any of that as I was just repeating what was said on the link for those who don't do Twitter. I don't either but I must have joined years ago then realised it was rubbish. :lol: