British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers V Newcastle Diamonds (sgb Championship) 30/08/2017

I do not require any money back but I ask as a season ticket holder why any re dress or refund never takes season ticket holders into account. Season Tickets are not exactly wonderful value in the first place.

• Like 1

I do not require any money back but I ask as a season ticket holder why any re dress or refund never takes season ticket holders into account. Season Tickets are not exactly wonderful value in the first place.

as a season ticket holder, you have already paid for the matches so any abandoned matches could be classed as extras ;)

as a season ticket holder, you have already paid for the matches so any abandoned matches could be classed as extras ;)

??????

• Like 1

Think when matches are abandoned due to unsafe track which had been not up standard from start of meeting and nothing to do which weather on night,fans should get Full refund.

sorry, what a meant to say was 'abandoned matches when results don't stand'

I understand that situation, I meant the situation in this match and the one at Kings Lynn a week or so ago where results stood and those that paid on the day were offered a refund/rebate.

I understand that situation, I meant the situation in this match and the one at Kings Lynn a week or so ago where results stood and those that paid on the day were offered a refund/rebate.

a think you have to take the rough with the smooth and think about it before purchasing a season ticket,,, and what if there was some season ticket holders that didn't attend, but tried to claim a rebate ?

• Like 1

a think you have to take the rough with the smooth and think about it before purchasing a season ticket,,, and what if there was some season ticket holders that didn't attend, but tried to claim a rebate ?

As I say I not looking for a refund and if you buy a season ticket you accept that some matches you may not be able to attend. Just making the point that certain things are available to those that pay at the door and not season ticket holders.

As I say I not looking for a refund and if you buy a season ticket you accept that some matches you may not be able to attend. Just making the point that certain things are available to those that pay at the door and not season ticket holders.

Surely buying a season ticket is trying to give your club a financial boost at the start of a season rather than the bargain it gives you , or not , being the deciding factor in debating whether to get one or not .

• Like 1

Surely buying a season ticket is trying to give your club a financial boost at the start of a season rather than the bargain it gives you , or not , being the deciding factor in debating whether to get one or not .

I am not disputing that fact, I think you misunderstand the point I am making

Reading the posts from people who were there last night it looks like another page has been writing in speedway`s epitaph, one thing is clear though, riders nowadays will not race in wet conditions. IMO the average speedway fan knows when a track is waterlogged and its raining there is little chance of racing, same to when there is heavy during a meeting your average fan will know that an abandonment is coming but the scenes at Peterborough last along with much the same stories around other tracks means many are turning their backs on their clubs. Now, fair enough to Peterborough for knocking £5 off the next meeting but don`t the Peterborough promotion realise that the damage has already been done where some of his customers simply wont return for the next meeting and probably any there after.

You talk like it was Panthers that stopped the meeting and made the decision to abandon it.

It wasn't.

This thread is full of people seizing any old stick to beat Panthers with.

Stating that the track was poor because it hadn't been ridden on for 5 weeks, whose fault is that.

Not Panthers.

And it's been a long, long time since Panthers were able to have anything like 'regular' meetings at the EoES.

Because your meeting was a meaningless one, whereas Rye's was far more important. Rye and Bomber did you a favour when he joined you, so you could have returned that favour.

Oh per-leez! There were no "favours" being done, either by Rye House or by Bomber.

Same could be said as to why ged took a 30k bung to allow holder to ride in meaningful meetings abroad. Same thing isn't it?????

A bloke down the pub told me it was 40 grand. Or maybe it was 50.... :rolleyes:

What's the difference in letting holder ride elsewhere or Harris ride elsewhere.

Holder missed a meaningful meeting

Of course it was a "meaningful" meeting. But I think some people are forgetting that Panthers actually won the Fours - even without Holder in the team. Turned out to be a good call by Panthers.

Or are you suggesting that fans who went to the EoES to support their teams felt somehow shortchanged by the fact that Jack Holder wasn't riding? That's utter bollox! Despite the anti-Panthers whining by some people, deep down they were glad - because it increased their own teams' chances.

I've seen that branded about a few times from different people over twitter.

A lie repeated is still a lie.

p.s.

I think you meant "bandied about" :rolleyes:

Well that statement just proves you are just another gossip monger making insinuations on here with no facts to back up . You really shouldn't take notice of anything you here on twitter , it makes you look just as bad as idiots who make these stupid statements.

'

:t:

There's plenty of numpties who post on here, that's for sure. Some can't even express themselves very well. On every page there's some shocking grammar, spelling and incorrect use of words. I guess it's no wonder we get such a lot of ill thought out bile, non sequiturs, and utter bollox on here.

ged marrowbone offering £5 off admission to make up for the ht10 abandonment to all peterborrow fans .

as a company policy , peterborough do not offer refunds , so what about the newcastle fans that travelled down . have they lost £5 ?

it would be nice if any newcastle fans who produced their tickes at b rough park would get in for £5 less . any shortfall could/should be then billed toged marrowbone and he can refund newcastle back out of the torin bung .. .

SEEMS FAIR TO ME . eh !

Maybe we'll have a whip-round to cover that 30 quid then! :rofl:

Bollocks, that's how you spell it.

Just for the record, I didn't think it'd be allowed, hence "bollox".

I guess we've found your level. :rolleyes:

Edited by PE7Panther