British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Premiership Riders Final, Belle Vue, 16 September, 2017

See that Doyle and Lindgren are SET to be attending the league riders championship at Belle Vue in September and confess I too am SET to attend - however not a chance I this world

I buy upfront tickets as expect Doyle and Lindgren to be washing their hair and armpits that day and therefore otherwise engaged - I reckon I could spend more effort washing my genitals than watching the 2nd and 3 tier replacements - the U.K. Speedway authorities have brought this upon the themselves - too many old farts with their fingers in the till - looking for a pension from the sport that they have ruined !!!

Freddie always does this meeting. Won it a couple of times. My money's on Doyle as the first withdrawal. Edited by CB252

And TJ

Thomas Jorgensen surely not.

Might as well pack up now, just checked the line up. 🙁🙁🙁👎

Edited by topaz325

As Scott Nicholls apparently can't ride the NSS track and also only scoring 2 points there for Rye House last week why has he accepted the booking?

Yet another instance of the 'lower division' being treated with total disdain by BSPA hierarchy.

When Alex Harkess was Chairman, we at least knew that all clubs would be likely to be treated equally, even if we disagreed with some decisions. Since the sport was Bustered, we have seen more and more fine-tuning in favour of the 'big league'

The idea of 'Manchester on a Saturday Night' for the biggest event of the season would be wonderful if it was also -- as it used to be -- the last event of the season, with no other clubs racing.

Instead, this is set in the final week of the regular Championship season, with four of the five clubs who are still contesting the play-off cut now to be deprived of one or two of their heat-leaders for what could be a vital (and lucrative) last night of the regular term.

Plus, when these clubs look around for a suitable guest for their No 1 rider in what is for some a vital fixture, all the possible names are also going to be forced to turn out at Belle Vue. Absolute pish. Plus, an indication that, once again, if changes are not made at the top of the house the sport in Britain will be staged in 2018 for the total benefit of the big boys.

NB: If you want to see this sort of event, why not try Glasgow for the CLRC on Sunday 24th? It'll be very much the same riders....

• Like 6

As Scott Nicholls apparently can't ride the NSS track and also only scoring 2 points there for Rye House last week why has he accepted the booking?

Might get a ban if he refused to ride.Interesting what the Final line- up on the night will be.

So is there any interest in this, should be a great night on saturday. Looking forward to it. Let's hope the weather plays ball

Might get a ban if he refused to ride.Interesting what the Final line- up on the night will be.

Why would he refuse? Should have won this a few years ago and each meeting is different.

Why would he refuse? Should have won this a few years ago and each meeting is different.

if you read the Post I was answering you will see I was only giving a reason to the Poster as to why he WOULD RIDE.Idont see why he would not accept booking.

I,m not normally spiteful but i hope its rained off.

in a twist of fate , maybe workington will be rained off. another twist .

I really fancied going to this, but after spending all season slagging off the hapless organisation running the meeting, I'd be a total hypocrite if I then gave them £20. Just hope for the fans that do go all the riders turn up for a change.

But I'll pencil it in my diary for next season, based on the assumption these people will actually listen to us for the first time in years, and just try and sort out the problems currently within the sport.

This is the kind of meeting that should attract a decent attendance, with supporters of Premiership clubs all over the country - which is good. And the meeting is on a Saturday, which gives people more time to travel - which is also good. So who decides it is a good idea to have a start time of 7.30pm? It's a Saturday, ffs. With 22 heats to complete it's unlikely to be finished until 10.30. Do we not want kids to attend speedway anymore? Why are we not starting at 5 - 5.30pm?

• Like 3

This is the kind of meeting that should attract a decent attendance, with supporters of Premiership clubs all over the country - which is good. And the meeting is on a Saturday, which gives people more time to travel - which is also good. So who decides it is a good idea to have a start time of 7.30pm? It's a Saturday, ffs. With 22 heats to complete it's unlikely to be finished until 10.30. Do we not want kids to attend speedway anymore? Why are we not starting at 5 - 5.30pm?

Excellent point, when I was considering about going the hotel prices were ridiculous. No football traffic to consider, would have made perfect sense to start earlier.

• Like 1

There is not many if any stoppages at the NSS. It will be finished by no later than 10pm at the very very latest tbh.

Really looking forward to this. Every heat 13 and 15 have been excellent so to hsve one of them every race is just to good to turn down.

Is it Saturday yet

Is the pay rate for this event confirmed as "X" or will it be the £200 flat fee for the 4TT?

Same as 4TT I think. Going of cookies Twitter.

• Like 1