British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Premiership Riders Final, Belle Vue, 16 September, 2017

Same as 4TT I think. Going of cookies Twitter.

If that's true it's a disgrace, the riders should refuse to ride. They'll be part time footballers sitting on a bench getting more than that in Manchester this Saturday. I appreciate with no more TV money the BSPA need to get their income from somewhere, surely the fairest way would be to pay the riders a percentage of the gate receipts. Surely the riders are worth £1,000 each, roughly what most would earn on an average night riding for their clubs. Not sure what the turnout is expected to be, but 3,000 paying £20 wouldn't too far off the mark, would it?

Edited by spanner47

Still a full compliment of riders and it's the day of the meeting...

No one has pulled out..

Already a huge improvement on the past few years...😉

Let's hope everyone can make it to tapes tonight...

Should be a good meeting given the level of performers on a track like the NSS..

Only thing that may hit the crowd numbers is the Aces and Wolves riding on Monday. An expensive weekend for their fans if they attend both. And with Wolves being the nearest Prem team and having Lindgren there they would be expected to bring the most fans, Aces apart, I would suggest..

Let's hope a decent crowd attends for the showpiece individual event of the domestic Season..

Hopefully the NSS will be packed tonight, the track is as good as there is and the stadium facilities are excellent. Many the field is as strong as in years gone but you don`t need the very best riders to have the very best meeting.

Good luck to Nick Morris.

So who's ya winner then.

I'll go for Doyle

Final 4 of

Cook

Doyle

Lindgren

Fricke

Edited by Phil The Ace

I think Doyle is riding with one eye on keeping fit for the GP's and who can blame him. However, I think he will be in the final and if he is there or thereabouts coming out of the second bend will win it.

My top 4,

Lindgren

Cook

Doyle

Kurtz

If the track is wet, King for Kurtz.

Gutted to miss this got to go to Longeaton to watch my son in a body building posing competition. I can tell your all jealous of me, sometimes I wish I didn't try to support my kids like I do

Thinking of going to this but as I'm travelling a long way I could do with a bit of info about the weather forecast for Manchester. BBC's seems to be changing hourly. Incidentally do people really anticipate 3,000 for tonight? I've been to 4 of the last 5 and there was nowhere near that at Coventry last year..

Thinking of going to this but as I'm travelling a long way I could do with a bit of info about the weather forecast for Manchester. BBC's seems to be changing hourly. Incidentally do people really anticipate 3,000 for tonight? I've been to 4 of the last 5 and there was nowhere near that at Coventry last year..

Weather isn't a problem. BBC forecast isn't great at predicting. One I use is usually right and it's dry all night. Worth the trip mate.

Id say only 1800/2000 at very most tonight

2500 - 2600 I reckon would be a 'very good crowd', anymore than that would exceed all expectations I would say...

If they get between 2250 and 2500 I would think they would be pleased.

Circa £40k in takings...

Edited by mikebv

Surprised such a low crowd predicted, although the iffy weather forecast that changes hourly can't help. Neither can the price of a hotel in Manchester, although the motel down the road from the stadium still had rooms available when I looked on Monday and was a bit cheaper. Anyway some creative research has got me a decent priced B&B just a short train ride from Belle Vue so looking forward to a good meeting. Good luck Danny King, but would be happy to see 'fast Freddie' up there too.

Edited by Tactical Joker

Lambert no show.

Auty replaces.

1 down 16 to go

With Ryan Air cancelling flights left, right and centre will this cause any problems for any riders coming in to BV or flying out tomorrow am.