British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Premiership Riders Final, Belle Vue, 16 September, 2017

Watching 1979 winner John Louis putting Bruce Penhall to the sword in front of a massive crowd is a treasured memory. It was like an unofficial World Final in those days, with the best rider over five rides the winner, as it should be IMO...

tell me about it. I remember it like it was yesterday!
  • Like 1

If Cook had turned up and scored a maximum.

Heat 1 - 4-2 (+1)

Heat 6 - 4-2 (+2)

Heat 8 - 3-3 (20-27)

Heat 10 - 4-2 (27-32)

Heat 13 - 4-2 (37-40)

Heat 15 3-3 (42-47)

6 rides in a championship meeting or have we got crossed wires ?

This sort of thing from Lambert will come as no surprise to Panthers fans, its in his DNA i'm afraid. Spoilt little oik ...

There's can be no excuse for this. When Worral, Fricke and Lindgren who rode with Lambert on Friday, can make the effort to compete, The fact Lambert cant be bothered , reflects a really bad attitude toward the sport, the fans and the authorities. If he didn't want to compete, he should have said so from the start.

Confucius once said you can always finds an excuse when looking for one, so I'll take the doc cert with a pinch of salt, knowing he'll be fit again today. Such a silly little man who's in desperate need of a seasoned advisor...... All the ability in the world can be wasted if its not used in the right way....

• Like 9

There's can be no excuse for this. When Worral, Fricke and Lindgren who rode with Lambert on Friday, can make the effort to compete, The fact Lambert cant be bothered , reflects a really bad attitude toward the sport, the fans and the authorities. If he didn't want to compete, he should have said so from the start.

Confucius once said you can always finds an excuse when looking for one, so I'll take the doc cert with a pinch of salt, knowing he'll be fit again today. Such a silly little man who's in desperate need of a seasoned advisor...... All the ability in the world can be wasted if its not used in the right way....

I have "adored" watching Robert progress at KL and I use that word thoughtfully ( adored and put on a pedestal - of course we should never do that ). but I do have to agree with GRW123 as RL seems to have lost his way to a great extent. On track he can pull off some amazing and beautiful rides and I am pleased to have witnessed them. We are what we are shaped into by our early years and perhaps that truly is at the core of Robert's problems - who knows - perhaps even he doesn't.

If Lambert missed the meeting because he couldn't be assed then maybe it's down to the powers that be who run (into the ground) Speedway. They don't seem to give a toss about the Sport, so why should the riders.

Some proper moaning on this thread.

Unfortunately there is a lot of moaning on the entire forum. Speedway is what it is (to nick a Woffy phrase) just now, either get behind and support it, or find something else to brighten your life rather than the constant negativity. Yes we all like a moan, but at least keep it good humoured. End of speech.

Anyway sure Robert Lambert wasn't there, his loss in my view, needs all the experience he can get if he is to further develop his potential. And to be charitable (!) none of us are his doctor.

Edited by Tactical Joker

Guest Scunny2012

Remember my Gran having to get our usual tickets for 'E' block at Hyde Rd in March just to make sure we got our usual place..

It was always October in those days..

Imagine having to get your tickets eight months in advance just to gaurantee your usual seat now for a Domestic Riders Championship?

How times change..

Edited by Scunny2012

A thoroughly enjoyable meeting. Probably about 1800 there. Thought there maybe a tad more tbh. But with 2 big home fixtures this week I assume alot was saving there money for them.

All but 1 shown up but what a worthy replacement auty was. He was excellent tonight. Not gating but looked fast on track. He was passing for fun.

I think the 4 finalist are lucky Doyle diddnt swap bikes till his 4th ride. His 2nd bike looked much quicker and probably would have won him the meeting.

Every rider except a very poor king had there monents.

Freddie a deserved winner. Very funny that it was a belle vue and wolves final.

I.hopw we can have it again next year. I loved it.

Even better could be the 90th anniversary meeting next year. Hopefully they can get a GP type line up

• Like 1

See that Doyle and Lindgren are SET to be attending the league riders championship at Belle Vue in September and confess I too am SET to attend - however not a chance I this world

I buy upfront tickets as expect Doyle and Lindgren to be washing their hair and armpits that day and therefore otherwise engaged - I reckon I could spend more effort washing my genitals than watching the 2nd and 3 tier replacements - the U.K. Speedway authorities have brought this upon the themselves - too many old farts with their fingers in the till - looking for a pension from the sport that they have ruined !!!

You sure got this wrong. lol

so let me get this right....... you guys would work for £200 taking into account it will cost £200 to get to work ........ ??? !!!! Its about time speedway was promoted in the uk to attract big sponsors.

from the forecast its a good chance of a rain off

And people wonder why Tai doesn't ride in the UK anymore with crap speedway rules and crap so called supporters comments

15 other riders including 3 from the same meeting as Lambert did.

If he wasn't going to ride he should have withdrawn earlier, a worthy replacement could then have been put in his place.

Auty was a superb replacement.

Most amusing.

Pathetic post.

Cracking meeting last night, terrific racing in less than perfect conditions. Lindgren a worthy champion. Credit to Josh Auty, really impressive display, his race with Fricke was a classic.

Heart was in my mouth in the semi final when it looked like Andersen was going to stuff Fricke into the 2nd bend fence. Overall I thought Andersen was excellent, his inside pass on bend 4 of Morris was classy as the Aussie youngster was giving it the big blast round the outside.

Hope the event is back here at BV in 2018.

6 rides in a championship meeting or have we got crossed wires ?

Heat 8 is 3-3 instead of 6-3 as there would have been no TR. It's not one of Cook's races.

Cracking meeting last night, terrific racing in less than perfect conditions. Lindgren a worthy champion. Credit to Josh Auty, really impressive display, his race with Fricke was a classic.

Heart was in my mouth in the semi final when it looked like Andersen was going to stuff Fricke into the 2nd bend fence. Overall I thought Andersen was excellent, his inside pass on bend 4 of Morris was classy as the Aussie youngster was giving it the big blast round the outside.

Hope the event is back here at BV in 2018.

Josh Auty never gets the credit he deserves so nice to see compliments heading his way... We are all guilty of doing nothing but moan about riders doing this and riders doing that, me included... We are so busy being critical of riders ithink we forget to say well done to alot

There are riders who really are a credit to speedway.. Don't moan.. Don't gob off on social media and would rider through a brick wall for there teams year in year out.. Auty and alot of others deserve credit

• Like 3

You sure got this wrong. lol

15 other riders including 3 from the same meeting as Lambert did.

Auty was a superb replacement.

Pathetic post.

I have to admit that he did well but the meeting shouldn't be including 4 point ave. riders.

Josh Auty never gets the credit he deserves so nice to see compliments heading his way... We are all guilty of doing nothing but moan about riders doing this and riders doing that, me included... We are so busy being critical of riders ithink we forget to say well done to alot

There are riders who really are a credit to speedway.. Don't moan.. Don't gob off on social media and would rider through a brick wall for there teams year in year out.. Auty and alot of others deserve credit

It's not the first time that Auty has been good value round the NSS, I for one look forward to watching him race. Based on performances like last night it surprises me that his career hasn't progressed further, as he clearly has courage & ability.

• Like 2