British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Leicester Followed By Swindon - Somerset 28.8.17

As it`s Mitchell DAVEY no wonder you hadn`t heard of DALEY ;)

Like I said, I'd never heard of the lad. So it doesn't take a great deal of imagination to work out how I got his name wrong.

Like I said, I'd never heard of the lad. So it doesn't take a great deal of imagination to work out how I got his name wrong.

you obviously hadn`t heard of Mitchell Davey either as a " seasoned Speedway follower" might have connected the two. ;)

Was there many delays due to incidents why did it take nearly 5 hours, Wolves started a bit after 6 to let everyone get in but was finished both meetings at 9.40. That included a couple of crashes as well. They did track grading after roughly every 4 races but were organised and got on with it

What a couple of good results which now puts us 10 points ahead of the rest of the league.

Strange meetings, plenty of action and decent racing but far too many delays, especially the one between the two meetings.

Rosco might have found a good guest for Zach in M Davey who by the second meeting had got used to the track and scored a decent 6 points.

Also while BWD is injured he might want to get Kyle Newman to guest for him.

What is strange is that at the start of the season people were saying the teams with the strongest reserves would do well, but we have been beating many while our reserves have been injured. It is our strong 1 - 5, since the inclusion of Tobi, that has worked for us, just imagine what our scores would have been if Zach and BWD were fit and scoring what they were.

Wolves can get 67 points & we currently have 63 so we will finish top if we beat them at home on Thursday (or Rye away on Friday or Wolves away on Monday).

Good play off practice racing Rye & Wolves!

I would of spent £20 in the snack bar if I was there for 5 hours..

We took our own, but they ran out of cold drinks

you obviously hadn`t heard of Mitchell Davey either as a " seasoned Speedway follower" might have connected the two. ;)

That is correct. I hadn't. I even looked him up when I got home and still didn't notice I had the name wrong.

I've sure heard of him now though!

• Like 1

Well done the Budgies, 16 up and going strong although the second meeting against the Rebels was a bit of a farce with them only tracking 4 riders after the first few heats but hey its speedway and this is what happens ( and why it gets so little coverage from the national press and our chums at the BBC).

Special mention for Mitchell Davey who stood in for Zach; great effort by him.

Just one other point; Nick was on for a maximum against Somerset until his 'team mate' Doyley blocked him off on the second turn on either the 2nd or 3rd lap of heat 13. Nick had more pace and Doyle should have let him through, instead he closes the door forcing Morra to shut off momentarily which was enough to let Grazcjonek through. Doyley could have let Nick take the lead and in all likelihood he would still have picked up the bonus point.

Disappointing to say the least from the Captain.

I've got a lot of admiration for Doyley and really hope he lifts the World title this year but his team riding seems to be non existent. Still, I guess its his single mindedness that has got him to the top of the pile in the GPs, take that away from him and he'd only be half the rider he is.

• Like 5

Well done the Budgies, 16 up and going strong although the second meeting against the Rebels was a bit of a farce with them only tracking 4 riders after the first few heats but hey its speedway and this is what happens ( and why it gets so little coverage from the national press and our chums at the BBC).

Special mention for Mitchell Davey who stood in for Zach; great effort by him.

Just one other point; Nick was on for a maximum against Somerset until his 'team mate' Doyley blocked him off on the second turn on either the 2nd or 3rd lap of heat 13. Nick had more pace and Doyle should have let him through, instead he closes the door forcing Morra to shut off momentarily which was enough to let Grazcjonek through. Doyley could have let Nick take the lead and in all likelihood he would still have picked up the bonus point.

Disappointing to say the least from the Captain.

I've got a lot of admiration for Doyley and really hope he lifts the World title this year but his team riding seems to be non existent. Still, I guess its his single mindedness that has got him to the top of the pile in the GPs, take that away from him and he'd only be half the rider he is.

Seen him do the same to Nick Morris on a couple of occasions. Also at Somerset recently when Musielak was leading him in heat 15, he was trying his utmost to get past him, rather than stay with him.

However, maybe he is just a born racer and wants to win every single race he rides in! ;)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYX50czgtT3/?taken-at=308823381

cracking shot of Frenchy doing his superman effort.. look at the crowd behind oblivious to it..

I think he was just trying to hop over the airfence to get a cold drink from the snack van.

Shock single win for Bjerre over Doyley, the Aussie seemed to slow down, half expecting the red lights to come on for unsatisfactory start.

Fair play to the ref let a few flyers go.

The track looked bumpy, lots of falls on second bend.

Seen him do the same to Nick Morris on a couple of occasions. Also at Somerset recently when Musielak was leading him in heat 15, he was trying his utmost to get past him, rather than stay with him.

However, maybe he is just a born racer and wants to win every single race he rides in! ;)

I made this comment a couple of weeks ago yesterday with Adam ok they got a 5.1 but he just buggered off into the night and left Adam to his own devices.Never looked back pulling wheelies look i am a big fan of his but he has to look for his partner.
  • Like 1

£25 is a good price for 30 heats of speedway. Thinking of making the trip but only really want to watch the first 15 races!

not a speedway fan then I take it

Unlike you I didn't.

How did you get on though? Get a good grade did you?

Piss poor response try harder purple chino wearer