British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Newcastle Vs Scunthorpe (sgbc) 27/08/2017

Looking forward to the first of these two ties, hoping Newcastle can win both meetings.

Newcastle will be riding against Redcar next Sunday 3rd September at home. I wonder how many more home fixtures will be arranged before the cut-off date.

Speedway Updates site are looking for a texter to text updates of this meeting today? If anyone can help, please send me a private message with your mobile number? Thanks

• Like 1

I'm disappointed, I can't make this meeting today, good luck to all 14??? riders tonight, stay safe and race well :t:

Guest Scunny2012

Once again Scunny's lack of a genuine no.1 highlights their failure, same as the Sheffield away match in conceding 5-1s in heats 13 and 15.

Once again Scunny's lack of a genuine no.1 highlights their failure, same as the Sheffield away match in conceding 5-1s in heats 13 and 15.

More to do with having a strong reserve who can only beat reserves...that's the problem

• Like 1

Actually an enjoyable meeting tonight scunthorpe put up a decent show, any one who didn't go missed some good close racing especially ht 15 between lambert and palm toft which was an outstanding race.

More to do with having a strong reserve who can only beat reserves...that's the problem

Rose tinted glasses again. We can all see that as a team, we can get close to within 6-8 points after heat 12 but then opposition top riders out perform us in the final 3 heats.

Check the results. Even at home we are about 50% win ratio in last 3 heats.

• Like 1

A post on the Glasgow Vs Newcastle thread: "Another great score off captain fabulous que the Lindgren can do no wrong brigade"

The 'Lindgren can do no right brigade' are very quiet tonight though, aren't they?

Aye, Lindgren had a bad night at Glasgow, but he more than made up for it tonight... Wish I had been there to see it happen on track, not just online...

All riders are capable of doing things wrong, and all riders are capable of doing things very right...

On a side note, another impressive night's work from Alfie Bowtell, he's really coming on strong, again, wish I had been thereto see how it happened... xD

Edited by Dandelion

A post on the Glasgow Vs Newcastle thread: "Another great score off captain fabulous que the Lindgren can do no wrong brigade"

The 'Lindgren can do no right brigade' are very quiet tonight though, aren't they?

Aye, Lindgren had a bad night at Glasgow, but he more than made up for it tonight... Wish I had been there to see it happen on track, not just online...

All riders are capable of doing things wrong, and all riders are capable of doing things very right...

On a side note, another impressive night's work from Alfie Bowtell, he's really coming on strong, again, wish I had been thereto see how it happened... xD

Yeah that was me who said that. Granted riders do have off nights but how many "off" nights does Lindgren have since he's rode for us? It's absolutely embarrassing that he scored 1 point at Glasgow it shouldn't ever happen. His average has dropped quite significantly from the start of the season. And yeah he scored well tonight but for how long he's ridden brough that's what he should be doing at home.

Yeah that was me who said that. Granted riders do have off nights but how many "off" nights does Lindgren have since he's rode for us? It's absolutely embarrassing that he scored 1 point at Glasgow it shouldn't ever happen. His average has dropped quite significantly from the start of the season. And yeah he scored well tonight but for how long he's ridden brough that's what he should be doing at home.

Yes, Lindgren isn't very consistent, I can see that, but when he's on form, to me, he is one of the best and most entertaining riders to watch out there, even the biggest Ludvig haters have got to see that, the fact his average has dropped so much just makes him look better for next year to me :P As to your comments about Glasgow, yes he got one point, but if his engine hadn't have blown in heat 14, he'd have got 4 (he was winning the race), which, yes, still isn't that impressive, but it's better... Ludvig isn't a heat leader anymore, more a second string... But that's ok because there are 2 second string positions in every team :) He's entertainment rather than progression... And you need a mix of both imo

Lindgren, Robson, Steve and Alfie are the first names we need to secure for next year imo

Then another couple of heat leaders or strong second strings (Kerr and Rose???)

And whoever would fit in the last spot, all depends on what the limits are...

Yes, Lindgren isn't very consistent, I can see that, but when he's on form, to me, he is one of the best and most entertaining riders to watch out there, even the biggest Ludvig haters have got to see that, the fact his average has dropped so much just makes him look better for next year to me :P As to your comments about Glasgow, yes he got one point, but if his engine hadn't have blown in heat 14, he'd have got 4 (he was winning the race), which, yes, still isn't that impressive, but it's better... Ludvig isn't a heat leader anymore, more a second string... But that's ok because there are 2 second string positions in every team :) He's entertainment rather than progression... And you need a mix of both imo

Lindgren, Robson, Steve and Alfie are the first names we need to secure for next year imo

Then another couple of heat leaders or strong second strings (Kerr and Rose???)

And whoever would fit in the last spot, all depends on what the limits are...

Yeah he is entertaining at home I'm not disputing that but the fact was at the start of the season he was signed as third heatleader to back our big two up which he hasn't done hence his average dropping. You could have 7 entertaining riders but if you get beat every game how is that any good?

Your idea of bringing Robson, Lindgren back why? Can I ask we've had those for the past few seasons and we've won nothing and we would have the same problems as this season ok at home but shocking away. Imo we need a big shake up in the winter but I'd definitely keep Bowtell and Stevie if he wanted to come back.

Guest Scunny2012

Can't go with that Scunny reserves outscored Newcastle paid 11 against 4,the problem is at the top end Auty scored 9 but didn't beat any of Newcastle's top 4 ,Douglas ditto, Toft had 1 heat win and didn't beat an opposing rider in his other 4 heats, it was left to Kerr to get 3 heat wins, as I said earlier Scunny definately need a number 1 to inspire the other riders.

IMO Lindgren, who has had a disappointing season, was riding like his old self this evening for the first time in a while. Not sure I agree with the comment that he is a second string now, I think he has the ability, resources and experience to be at least the 3rd heat leader, and possibly the 2nd if the team building requires it.

• Like 1

Rose tinted glasses again. We can all see that as a team, we can get close to within 6-8 points after heat 12 but then opposition top riders out perform us in the final 3 heats.

Check the results. Even at home we are about 50% win ratio in last 3 heats.

Roses tinted classes,certainly not,wether you have a number one or not all start with same points limit of 40,having a No.1[what ever one of those is] mean less point to play with ,or scored elsewhere

the 3 or 4 teams around us in the league have what you could argue the best riders in the league,Morris,Cook,Lambert,S.Worrall etc but are below midtable

plus,pick a no1 changes are he will miss alot of meeting of meetings due to doubling up,and guests are not always easy to comeby,look at todays visting teams as an example

when a team is build like ours the strong reserve needs to score well,and at the moment he isnt beating anyone bar reserves,

After last night,also dont forget The diamonds are always strong at home,good home track advantage,and riders who go well there

Well done Newcastle on a fine win also