British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Wolves. V. Belle Vue. 28/8/17. 6pm

Sam Masters returns for Wolves, Fricke still missing for the Aces.

That's a real bonus for the Wolves to have Sam back as well as Riss now. Have a few matches now under their belts to get match and race fit for the play-offs. From a Belle Vue point I think the management have been completely bonkers to agree to ride in the morning at Poole. A hell of an ask for the fans let alone the riders, particularly as Wolves is a 6:00 pm start. Of course they may not have had other option, but it is crazy.

• Like 3

That's a real bonus for the Wolves to have Sam back as well as Riss now. Have a few matches now under their belts to get match and race fit for the play-offs. From a Belle Vue point I think the management have been completely bonkers to agree to ride in the morning at Poole. A hell of an ask for the fans let alone the riders, particularly as Wolves is a 6:00 pm start. Of course they may not have had other option, but it is crazy.

They didn't have any option, Ford said it was the only date he could offer before the cut off date. Cook and Worrall are riding tonight for their Championship teams at Workington and Newcastle respectively and presumably Bewley is on his way home from Latvia, goodness knows what time they will arrive at Poole. I can't see them getting much quality sleep and then to have to race and set off for the Bank Holiday drive to Wolverhampton is ridiculous. Fortunately, nothing rests for us on the results, although I am sure they will all give 100%.

They didn't have any option, Ford said it was the only date he could offer before the cut off date. Cook and Worrall are riding tonight for their Championship teams at Workington and Newcastle respectively and presumably Bewley is on his way home from Latvia, goodness knows what time they will arrive at Poole. I can't see them getting much quality sleep and then to have to race and set off for the Bank Holiday drive to Wolverhampton is ridiculous. Fortunately, nothing rests for us on the results, although I am sure they will all give 100%.

Hell of a task for the riders you've mentioned to ride anywhere near their best.I remember 1 self inflicted stupid decision by the Wolves management. We were due at Exeter on a bank holiday Monday morning at 11:00 am and needed a guest. So we chose Steve Johnstone who was mad enough to ride it well. Only thing is he was riding at Glasgow on Sunday night ! I guess he slept or tried to in the van on the way down. Crazy.

Driving from Poole to WV1 on a Bank Holiday afternoon with a 6pm deadline is not something I would care to do. Let's hope, for the Aces sake, they have a trouble free and speedy meeting at Wimborne Road.

• Like 2

Driving from Poole to WV1 on a Bank Holiday afternoon with a 6pm deadline is not something I would care to do. Let's hope, for the Aces sake, they have a trouble free and speedy meeting at Wimborne Road.

Would you kindly delete the duplicated thread ?

Steady as it goes Sam. Tomorrow ain't important for we or Edinburgh, next month is.

COYW.

Edited by Wolfsbane

Would you kindly delete the duplicated thread ?

I would if I could find out how!

Speedway Updates site are looking for a texter to text updates of this meeting tomorrow? If anyone can help, please send me a private message with your mobile number? Thanks

What would have happened if Belle Vue said they couldn't make it that day.If it was arranged for after the cut-off date that would have only harmed Poole's chances of making the play-offs.

Just looking at a route planner they both have a serious amount of miles to do.380 miles for Cook and 360 miles for Worrall now that is crazy.Maybe Ford thought this will give Poole the advantage they need.Why Couldn't Poole have rode at Rye in the morning,Belle Vue at Wolves in the morning and then Poole v Belle Vue at night.Seems simple planning to me.And helps the fans too.

Edited by tellboy

What would have happened if Belle Vue said they couldn't make it that day.If it was arranged for after the cut-off date that would have only harmed Poole's chances of making the play-offs.

Just looking at a route planner they both have a serious amount of miles to do.380 miles for Cook and 360 miles for Worrall now that is crazy.Maybe Ford thought this will give Poole the advantage they need.Why Couldn't Poole have rode at Rye in the morning,Belle Vue at Wolves in the morning and then Poole v Belle Vue at night.Seems simple planning to me.And helps the fans too.

Wolves have never ridden any match, as far as I are aware, in the morning. This may well be because of restrictions because of greyhounds. Wolves race night is Monday evening the Aces fixture was there first, so other fixtures have to fit around that.

We couldn't take the chance that we might have needed the points to qualify, unlikely though that looked or, if Swindon had slipped up, to finish top.

At least with an 11am start Poole won't have chance for one of their pre meeting practice sessions that Peter Adams complained about.

• Like 1

If there's a delay at the Poole meeting then riders hit traffic on the way to Monmore then the Wolves meeting could become a shambles and that could hit our meeting which is already looking a bit of a shambles anyway. Another dark day for speedway today? Hope not